Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:21 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Well written. For the record, I am not for a $15 minimum wage. I'm not even for a $12 minimum wage. Both are over-reach. That being said, the oozing self-superiority of some of the posts in this and other threads is sickening.

I am for balance. Disdained by many here. I have been called both far left and far right depending on the thread.

25% of the population has in IQ below 90. You are not going to make tech workers out of the great majority of them. Throw in a large cohort of over 50 year olds with moderate skill sets who cannot get anything above a low wage job due to age discrimination. Health insurance costs. Self sustaining lack of opportunity in ghettos (IE would you open a store in the South Bronx?) The emptying out of small town America...

This is all a giant web of interconnected issues going well beyond just the minimum wage.

All jokes aside, the median IQ on this board appears well above the median judging from grammar and spelling. Throw in the complexities of the ANCAP movement, natural law etc etc etc. This board is not representative of the guy who is just hoping to land the 11 dollar an hour job at Walmart.
So how do you feel about allowing millions of people with no job skills, low education and minimal language skills flow in across our borders?

From your post, I'd have to believe you'd feel the liberal DNC open border push is a major problem.

Are insensitive tweets a bigger voting issue for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 06:26 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So how do you feel about allowing millions of people with no job skills, low education and minimal language skills flow in across our borders?
Also potential violent criminals and terrorists. Of the recent MS-13 "Machete Murderers" in which seven people were brutally tortured and murdered 14 of the 22 MS-13 gang member were here ILLEGALLY. Why isn't this in the mainstream media?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/16/m...seven-murders/

Quote:
From your post, I'd have to believe you'd feel the liberal DNC open border push is a major problem.

Many on the Left focus on the stupid tweets in order to deflect from all the good things Trump has done and his intent and work to protect the country from ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:27 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,957,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Getting a little off-topic with this slave silliness, so let's get back to the Michigan subversive. She needs to go.
Do you have any counterarguments other than libertarian slogans though?

Old 07-23-2019, 06:30 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Also potential violent criminals and terrorists. Of the recent MS-13 "Machete Murderers" in which seven people were brutally tortured and murdered 14 of the 22 MS-13 gang member were here ILLEGALLY. Why isn't this in the mainstream media?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/16/m...seven-murders/

Many on the Left focus on the stupid tweets in order to deflect from all the good things Trump has done and his intent and work to protect the country from ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Yep, you'll never hear of these incidents in the so-called MSM. Instead, they do pieces like the one I saw the other day about illegals becoming doctors. To hear NPR tell it, it's a foregone conclusion (although they don't say it in words, the underlying message is clear) that the illegal question is settled, and all migrants are immigrants. Their very tone suggests that the Republicans are the enemy - the same Republicans paying for a portion of NPR through taxation.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Coming from the all class warfare all the time poster.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:32 AM

78,350 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That isn't what this thread is about. It is about a $20 min wage. There isn't a burger flipper alive with $12 and hour let alone 20. They just dont produce anything of that value. Pay them $20 and what will that 1/4 pounder cost?
Depends on the jobs and the industries etc.

Many places will try to keep their costs in check by automating or making due with fewer, more competent workers.

For example, I went to subway the other day and they had 4 employees working and they were *horrible*. They had a big line building up (despite 4 workers) and they were milling about and the cashier wasn't helping with the sandwich line it was a mess.

I've seen good subway workers without exaggeration that could have easily replaced 3 of them.

So you fire all 4 of them and replace them with 2 good workers.

As an even better example, walk into a Costco and then compare the average worker you meet with what you will find at a lot of retail jobs. Holy cow....those guys make twice as much for a reason.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Coming from the all class warfare all the time poster.
Arent you a libertarian?

Old 07-23-2019, 06:36 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Here's some for you. Your goofy ideas will never be enacted, President Trump will be reelected, and you can't overcome those like myself.

Now move along and go back to the porch.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Here's some for you. Your goofy ideas will never be enacted, President Trump will be reelected, and you can't overcome those like myself.

Now move along and go back to the porch.
I'd say its far more goofy to eliminate all worker's rights, eliminate the minimum wage, eliminate Social Security and Medicare and public education and move towards a medieval type of society.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:47 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Quote:

Thank you for making my point for me RE people thinking far left or far right.

AND

You would be wrong.

Im against the wall due to believing that most of it would be a boondoggle. I am for universal mandatory E verify and employer sanctions.

I have zero problem deporting illegals IMMEDIATELY. An illegal caught has 1 hour to make the case of imminent danger, failing that, and 99% will, they are deported then and there. You can see proof of this in my post history.

When someone is far right, everything looks left.

As for tweets, Trump is a boor. Oddly I am kind of used to it at this point. I did not vote for the D or R last election. Both parties are hopelessly corrupt and anything should be done to stunt their power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies