Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:50 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Do we hear a $60 ? Anyone ?
I like $600/hr. minimum when I work.

Great move by Jihad Squad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 06:51 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I like $600/hr. minimum when I work.

Great move by Jihad Squad.
Oohhh, I like the name Jihad Squad!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:12 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
I nailed it.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:19 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Just keep letting them talk. The squad. The Democratic presidential candidates. The TV talking heads. Nadler and Schaefer and Green (oh my). All of them. Just keep letting them talk. They can't help themselves.

By the way..............where's Maxine Waters? And that lady with the little cowboy hat................

Old 07-23-2019, 07:26 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I guess she disagrees with her own employer that recently concluded that a $15 federal minimum wage could result in 3.7 million people becoming unemployed.
Imagine the damage $20 will do?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Just keep letting them talk. The squad. The Democratic presidential candidates. The TV talking heads. Nadler and Schaefer and Green (oh my). All of them. Just keep letting them talk. They can't help themselves.

By the way..............where's Maxine Waters? And that lady with the little cowboy hat................

Maxipad is still yapping her big mouth about impeaching Trump. Not sure what the racist Texas cowgirl is up to recently.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:39 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its not really a tough problem though. All the arguments you used were also used by slave owners. In fact, slave owners made the point that since they owned the labor, they had an incentive to treat labor better than wage slaves who were merely rented and could abuse them and kick them out on the streets when they were done with them at no cost for the employer.

This idea that the underclass is just lazy bums who deserve what they get does not stand up to scrutiny. There is a good reason why inequality skyrockets when labor unions get destroyed, the airwaves are dominated by big money interests, even the news have to be for-profit and the political system is flooded by money from Wall Street and the billionaire class. It rigs the game, by design, and the propaganda makes sure the masses stay uninformed. Its impossible to grow a strong middle class without strong labor unions.

I did not say that the lower economic classes were lazy bums; some are, some are not.

Let us list the reasons for poverty:

1. low education
2. low intelligence
3. lack of initiative
4. drugs/alcohol addiction
5. lack of parental guidance
6. severe medical issues
7. bad luck
8. lack of opportunity in their geographic area

The game in the US is not "rigged". However, if we have citizens who embrace a "gangsta rappa" type culture that scorns education and hard work, then those individuals will never succeed.

There are MANY opportunities in the US; none of these opportunities come crawling to your door and require hard work and dedication. If one is not adept in school (which is required for most technical jobs today), then there are many trade jobs which go unfilled.

One thing for sure- sitting around, hoping for someone else to solve your problems (or dropping reparations from the sky into your lap) will never happen. The dems may promise a life of federal freebies, but it is not going to happen.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:43 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
After 20$/hour, 33$/hour as the NYT once suggested?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klMNwYPHkJA

Old 07-23-2019, 10:48 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I'd say its far more goofy to eliminate all worker's rights, eliminate the minimum wage, eliminate Social Security and Medicare and public education and move towards a medieval type of society.
You left out the daily floggings and the stocks. None more melodramatic than a frustrated liberal!

Old 07-23-2019, 11:11 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So do we also adjust the wages of the skilled work force?
Private business cant afford it and many will go out of business or outsource. More people unemployed, not paying into the tax base. Lot of skilled workers now arent making $20/hr. an doing good to make $15/hr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies