Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,077,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
In your post 202, you stated, "Ireland's deputy prime minister, Simon Coveney, was caught on tape last week indicating his fellow ministers should not talk about the resumption of border checks publicly for fear of a backlash.

Who do you think he fears that backlash from?
From the voters who don't want a hard border, not from the IRA.

Never said that a hard border will be popular, I just said that it won't lead to an armed uprising.

Quote:
In your post 209, you stated, I never said UK is forced to have a hard border, and most likely they won't. It is the EU who will set up Border controls.

Who from the EU is going to set up Border controls? The Irish and UK have stated not them. Is it going to be your non existent EU army?
First off, stop with yout EU army nonsense. There is a plan to have an EU army, but at the moment there is an EU military cooperation. Do you deny that EU cooperate militarily?

The borders will be set up by the irish government. They will do it because they have a responsibility to protect the single market.

Quote:
I will tell you once again. There will not be one single soldier from any country in the EU on Irish soil. Not one.
Of course Ireland will ask for military help if they need it.

Quote:
Do you see how this sounds? Over import and export issues, you say the EU will enforce the border. If necessary they will send in an EU army. Also, if the IRA kill any civilians, the UK army no doubt will fight the IRA at the border. Do you have any clue what you're talking about? Fight them how? The UK army is not allowed to put one foot on Irish territory. That's why we had so many problems with them during the so called troubles. They ran back across the border, and we couldn't pursue them.
If there is a massive IRA uprising that requires 50000 tropps to contain, then the UK army will fight them on their side. Ireland and the EU will fight them on the EU side. And the US will help both sides.

Even an extremly strong IRA will get crushed in a few weeks. In reality it will not be a big issue, no military intervention will be required.

Last edited by Camlon; 07-31-2019 at 01:44 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 12:48 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Even an extremly strong IRA will get crushed in a few weeks. In reality it will not be a big issue, no military intervention will be required.
IRA. hahaha You can't help yourself.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:55 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
From the voters who don't want a hard border, not from the IRA.

If there is a massive IRA uprising that requires 50000 tropps to contain, (your figure) then the UK army will fight them on their side. Ireland and the EU will fight them on the EU side. And the US will help both sides.
You keep making me come back with your nonsense. Where did I say 50,000 troops? I never said any such thing.

OK, you keep telling yourself the Irish government are worried about the voters wanting no hard border.

Goodbye once again.......

Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IRA. hahaha You can't help yourself.
You are so funny, first time I met someone get mad because I tell them that I agree with what they said.

Last edited by Camlon; 07-31-2019 at 02:02 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
You keep making me come back with your nonsense. Where did I say 50,000 troops? I never said any such thing.

OK, you keep telling yourself the Irish government are worried about the voters wanting no hard border.

Goodbye once again.......
Sorry, it was the user who started the IRA discussion who came with the 50000 figure. I then said in such a big conflict there will be military help from the EU, and then you came in and said no, there will never be foreign troops on irish soil, it will lead to carnage. You have also said a lot of things yourself.

You said IRA will find back their weapons, the weapons will be well oiled, community will support them even though they kill civilans at the border, many irish politicans will support the IRA killings and they will train lots of new recuits. All of this is going to happen, because of some border controls that most likely are temporary. Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Somehow they will manage to do all of this without getting caught. Even WaldoKitty is taking my side on this issue, calling it the IRA bogeyman and not a real threat.

Last edited by Camlon; 07-31-2019 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I will tell you once again. There will not be one single soldier from any country in the EU on Irish soil. Not one.
Even today there are lots of foreign soldiers on irish soil.
THE Irish Defence Forces were the hosts as a number of forces from different countries trained together at Kilworth Camp in Cork.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Iri...ceec4a034f7-ds

Old 07-31-2019, 03:58 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Well this thread has turned odd, IRA, American soldiers? How ironic would it be if the IRA started murdering US servicemen and the English were putting money into IRA collection tins that were sat on the bars in London pubs! :-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies