Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
How much are they offering? Maybe a trade for Siberia?? Lots of resources there, could be a good trade.

Just because an offer is tended doesn't mean it will be accepted. Denmark isn't obligated to sell, but you don't know until you ask.
Denmark cannot sell Greenland. Australia cannot sell Canada. England cannot sell Australia.

If Trump wants to buy Greenland, he needs to talk to Greenland. He talked to the wrong Prime Minister. What he said and did is absurd.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 07:22 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Denmark cannot sell Greenland. Australia cannot sell Canada. England cannot sell Australia.

If Trump wants to buy Greenland, he needs to talk to Greenland. He talked to the wrong Prime Minister. What he said and did is absurd.
Then you have nothing to get worked up about do you?

Old 08-21-2019, 07:23 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,522 times
Quote:
Then you have nothing to get worked up about do you?
But apparently Trump does since he cancelled a meeting with our ally Denmark because he was ignorant enough to think they could sell Greenland.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:26 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times
Quote:
Never know until you ask.

However he'd have to talk to Queen Elizabeth. Prime ministers wouldn't have that authority especially for another country in the commonwealth. The Queen as sovereign would need to approve such a transaction.
So why wasn't Trump talking to the Prime Minister of Greenland or the Queen of Denmark? He's so strange, he tweeted that he is not going to have dinner with the Queen of Denmark because the Prime Minister of Denmark said he can't buy Greenland.

That's like cancelling dinner with Queen Elizabeth because the Prime Minister of Australia said he couldn't buy Canada.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So you have that must disrespect for americans in Oklahoma? Its ok to sell their land out from under them? Wow.
What respect? No offer has been made or accepted so this is just a hypothetical exercise. Nothing said on this board would influence any discussions between nations anyway.

And as this is purely a pie in the sky question, there's nothing substantial tied to any answer.

But since this is just an intellectual exercise, I'd be happy to trade California for Siberia.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:28 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,082 times
That is landlord talk, scaring off tenants....
The world is laughing at the USA.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,522 times
Quote:
What respect? No offer has been made or accepted so this is just a hypothetical exercise. Nothing said on this board would influence any discussions between nations anyway.

And as this is purely a pie in the sky question, there's nothing substantial tied to any answer.

But since this is just an intellectual exercise, I'd be happy to trade California for Siberia.
And I am sure Trump will have a Trump Tower deal all set up with Putin.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,186 times
Quote:

No, let's keep California, it's beautiful. Let's just kick out most "Californians" and repopulate that state with sane people

Old 08-21-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
But apparently Trump does since he cancelled a meeting with our ally Denmark because he was ignorant enough to think they could sell Greenland.
I don't know the particulars of the cancellation, so I don't know why the dinner was cancelled.

That said, for all I know it could be a negotiation tactic.

I don't have a line to the Whitehouse, and anything I say wouldn't influence them anyway, so why worry about it?

Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No, let's keep California, it's beautiful. Let's just kick out most "Californians" and repopulate that state with sane people
I'd go along with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies