Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No, let's keep California, it's beautiful. Let's just kick out most "Californians" and repopulate that state with sane people
Are yo a Nazi or something? Obviously you hate the US Constitution.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I don't know the particulars of the cancellation, so I don't know why the dinner was cancelled.

That said, for all I know it could be a negotiation tactic.

I don't have a line to the Whitehouse, and anything I say wouldn't influence them anyway, so why worry about it?
Trump said he cancelled it over Denmarks refusal to discuss selling Greenland. Trump said it. You should know this before discussing the matter or why chime in?

Old 08-21-2019, 07:34 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And I am sure Trump will have a Trump Tower deal all set up with Putin.
What does Putin have to do with Greenland???
Please stay on topic.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:34 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times
Quote:
But apparently Trump does since he cancelled a meeting with our ally Denmark because he was ignorant enough to think they could sell Greenland.
Greenland is self-governing. Trump is embarrassing for the United States. It was the first diplomatic visit between the Denmark and the states in 2 decades. Well after preparations were underway, he cancelled.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Trump said he cancelled it over Denmarks refusal to discuss selling Greenland. Trump said it. You should know this before discussing the matter or why chime in?
LOL to be fair, why does Denmark even matter to anyone except people from Denmark and maybe the EU?

Trump is an idiot, but offending Denmark isn't that big of a deal. I like Denmark. In fact I like all the Scandinavian countries, I just don't see them as a big deal by any measure. Love visiting tho.

Trump is like that ADHD kid. He thinks it he says it. He thinks it he tries to do it. It would be embarrassing but to be fair, he followed an apologist war monger, a dim witted puppet before Obama, and a fellow sexual predator before GWB. It's been down hill for a long time.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Because I haven't seen that, so except for what MSM has put out, I'd like the information without their cherrypicking and spin.

What is being discussed here is a real estate proposal, not President Trump's social calendar. As such, I've been discussing historic land purchases which are relevant to the proposal to buy Greenland from Denmark.

I don't get into the vitriolic hatred some people have for the President since you cannot use logic to combat an emotion.

So, I don't care why he cancelled. Doesn't matter to me.

I don't care if we do or don't buy Greenland, although I can see why it could be beneficial to all involved parties, my thoughts on the matter won't influence the matter, so why get excited about it?

Old 08-21-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL to be fair, why does Denmark even matter to anyone except people from Denmark and maybe the EU?

Trump is an idiot, but offending Denmark isn't that big of a deal. I like Denmark. In fact I like all the Scandinavian countries, I just don't see them as a big deal by any measure. Love visiting tho.

Trump is like that ADHD kid. He thinks it he says it. He thinks it he tries to do it. It would be embarrassing but to be fair, he followed an apologist war monger, a dim witted puppet before Obama, and a fellow sexual predator before GWB. It's been down hill for a long time.
Greenland is part of Denmark in the same way that Canada is part of England. The land is strategic in the Arctic, especially in relation to Russia threat.

Offending EU countries, when Russia is an ongoing concern, concerns all of the EU. Sadly, this latest stunt also removes all doubt that he does not have all his marbles.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Because I haven't seen that, so except for what MSM has put out, I'd like the information without their cherrypicking and spin.

What is being discussed here is a real estate proposal, not President Trump's social calendar. As such, I've been discussing historic land purchases which are relevant to the proposal to buy Greenland from Denmark.

I don't get into the vitriolic hatred some people have for the President since you cannot use logic to combat an emotion.

So, I don't care why he cancelled. Doesn't matter to me.

I don't care if we do or don't buy Greenland, although I can see why it could be beneficial to all involved parties, my thoughts on the matter won't influence the matter, so why get excited about it?
Trump is trying to make a real estate deal as a private interest, not a president - big shiny buildings with his name at the top. The funny thing is that he talked to the wrong prime minister about an idea that has no basis in reality.

When people laughed (called him absurd) he stomped his feet, proclaimed that he is "the chosen one," and cancelled dinner with the Queen.

Okay. That's normal in the states. Everyone knows that. It's not normal in the rest of the world.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Trump is trying to make a real estate deal as a private interest, not a president - big shiny buildings with his name at the top. The funny thing is that he talked to the wrong prime minister about an idea that has no basis in reality.

When people laughed (called him absurd) he stomped his feet, proclaimed that he is "the chosen one," and cancelled dinner with the Queen.

Okay. That's normal in the states. Everyone knows that. It's not normal in the rest of the world.
As President, the deal wouldn't be a private matter, so that is irrelevant to the issue. If in 5 years when he leaves office, if as a private citizen he wants to build something in Greenland and put his name on it, go for it.

Greenland is part of the Danish protectorate as is Iceland from a thousand years ago when Nordic explorers settled there, so speaking to Denmark is proper. We also spoke to them when we established bases there in WWII and the Cold War.

The chosen one remark was made in reference to China, so again, not relevant to this discussion.

This has been a fun intellectual exercise looking at an idea floated by the President. We've spent some time arguing over something that won't happen with the only concrete results established being verification of your extreme dislike of the President.

This was fun, but I have work in the morning, so good night and pleasant dreams.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
And here you are, completely losing your **** over it. In fact, the entire lunatic lib fringe is. Meanwhile, Trump is now free to focus on getting work done while you stare at the shiny object he is holding up. Thanks for falling for it..yet again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies