Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 11:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,095,198 times

Advertisements

Who remembers when the NY Times was actually a great newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 11:19 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
PT is spot on with this one.

The Left is (again) trying to intimidate the Supreme Court as its next term is set to begin in a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31877181857795

Old 09-15-2019, 11:43 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,892,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Defamation and libel lawsuits are the only way to end this crap.
Voter backlash would work better. Defamation and libel lawsuits are hard to win. Only about 13% are successful.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:28 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,356 times
Default The New York Times Anti-Kavanaugh Bombshell Is Actually a Dud

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...PUMAKf19vMThd0 (The authors omit the fact that the alleged victim has no memory of the alleged incident.)

Old 09-15-2019, 12:31 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
RBG's health must be in poor health. This is preparation for selecting a new Justice in the next 6 months.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:10 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,530 times
Maybe at least 1 claim against Kavanaugh is false but the rest are real! However, I don't believe nor disbelieve all sexual assault or rape claims against him!

Old 09-15-2019, 01:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
I mean, it’s entirely possible that Brett Kavanaugh was inappropriate with women in his younger years. Sexual assault or misconduct, in a variety of forms, is extremely common, and that’s nothing new. It was more “tolerated” if you will decades ago when he was a young guy, especially the milder forms like groping, so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if he was handsy or whatever. People got away with it more, women were more easily written off or shamed.

But we’ll just never know. There is no evidence, no reports were filed soon after (which itself is NOT evidence it didn’t happen). It’s pretty much too late to try to convict in a court of law. Even if there’s no SOL for some offenses, there is no evidence. Though he may be a total sleazeball, he’s on the Court and it is what it is.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:39 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
If a person gets multiple accusations, then you have a pattern. I always thought Kavanaugh was too controversial and had too much baggage. They should of chose someone else. But it appears that only family values and morales apply to Democrats these days. Republicans can do whatever they feel.
You're right about a pattern.

The Dems are hell bent of getting him at all costs.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:50 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I mean, it’s entirely possible that Brett Kavanaugh was inappropriate with women in his younger years. Sexual assault or misconduct, in a variety of forms, is extremely common, and that’s nothing new. It was more “tolerated” if you will decades ago when he was a young guy, especially the milder forms like groping, so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if he was handsy or whatever. People got away with it more, women were more easily written off or shamed.

But we’ll just never know. There is no evidence, no reports were filed soon after (which itself is NOT evidence it didn’t happen). It’s pretty much too late to try to convict in a court of law. Even if there’s no SOL for some offenses, there is no evidence. Though he may be a total sleazeball, he’s on the Court and it is what it is.
This pretty much sums it up. At this stage I believe many of these claims are probably true but nobody is ever proving them

Old 09-15-2019, 02:08 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
If a person gets multiple accusations, then you have a pattern. I always thought Kavanaugh was too controversial and had too much baggage. They should of chose someone else. But it appears that only family values and morales apply to Democrats these days. Republicans can do whatever they feel.
I feel much the same. Listen, Kavanaugh made the most of what his demographic afforded him. Where it goes off the rails is when those perks that are earned and should be considered a privilege evolve into what amounts to an entitlement in terms of the way he conducts himself.

The fact that the ABA (an organization that isn't particularly known for harsh stances against their brethren) failed to offer a ringing endorsement of his SCOTUS nomination speaks for itself. Any continued controversy rest squarely in the lap of those who chose to ignore the storm clouds that seem to, without end, follow this guy around. Pottery Barn rule and all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies