Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 05:04 AM

34,233 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

It is the current way for the Left (Democrats and Globalists) to push Income, and Wealth redistribution through more, and higher taxes, and U.N. mandates that the U.S. is forced to adopt. It is an economic, social activist movement, not an environmental movement. They know that higher taxes and higher costs on energy and all products and services won't stop climate change. It changes naturally anyway, so how could they even tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 05:06 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,371,285 times
They should be scared.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I had to de-indoctrinate my daughter from all that AGW drivel.

Her teachers were quite upset with me saying she could get a failing grade. I countered with they are not supposed to teach one side but to present both sides of the equation.

So I told my daughter to parrot what they said but not to worry because nothing in reality would happen.
Cant believe Im writing this but, T310 is spot on correct here.

Quote:
They can’t help themselves. They get more shrill when they think no one pays them lip service.
See below. For many, it is all about the Benjamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Lots of money at stake here... they won't walk away and stop the hysteria just because kids that they don't know are traumatized.
Lots of money to be made.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Man is changing the climate.
That is a LIE!!!!!!

You communists lying scum ate PATHETIC!

It's all about globalist lust for CONTROL, and has nothing to do with SCIENCE!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:08 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Talking to her. Pointing out that AGW is just theory, not fact. That none of the AGW predictions have come true. That people have been nattering away about the next ice age or warming for years and people still here.
Theory means something else in scientific terms then it does to the rest of us. I'm sketchy on the science because that isn't my thing so I'm not even sure if climate change is a theory or a consensus. Maybe consensus is the final step before theory, I don't know. Gravity is a theory if that helps you understand the scientific use of the term.

I was just wondering if you told her what to think about this particular subject or if you used it as a learning opportunity to show her critical thinking skills. You know, if you really want to stick it to us liberals teach your kid how to think. Then she can't fall for our BS.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:11 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
That is a LIE!!!!!!

You communists lying scum ate PATHETIC!

It's all about globalist lust for CONTROL, and has nothing to do with SCIENCE!
I would recommend that these schools get one of these GOP congressmen from the science committee or one of the oil men at the EPA to teach them real science.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
A science teacher has to teach...well, science.
Scientific evidence that we have now shows climate change and predictive analytics when used on this science shows the indicated outcome
Could it be changed and/or refuted one day? I suppose so- there was also a time when science showed that a cancer diagnosis was a death sentence; now it's different. But the science teachers have to teach what the current scientific truth is. What choice do they have?
"Predictive analytics" are BS computer models that sample FALSE and MANIPULATED data!

GIGO!!!! That's NOT science!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:17 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times
Quote:
I would recommend that these schools get one of these GOP congressmen from the science committee or one of the oil men at the EPA to teach them real science.
Really...if global warming is real how do you explain the following:

Quote:
To develop reliable data, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) placed 114 state-of-the-art weather stations relatively evenly spaced about the lower 48 states. They were carefully sited to be away from urban areas, which are heat islands, airports, which can be affected by jet exhaust, etc.

The system became operative in 2005. Now, realclearenergy.com is reporting that there has been no increase in average temperatures in the continental United States over the last 14 years, as measured by these new stations. If anything, overall temperatures are slightly cooler than they were.
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...ata-locations/

Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Really...if global warming is real how do you explain the following:

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...ata-locations/
If evolution is true how come there are still monkeys!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:38 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
AOC definitely suffers from this for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies