Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's a shame. Had they made owning a car a right the amendment probably would have said something like...........

"A well regulated race car team........."
From a racing division standpoint, Which current American car company would be the preferred choice for Washington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 06:28 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We don't live in a dictatorship, although Trump is trying his damnedest to make it one. If I don't have a problem under somebody like that, you guys should be even more fine with it.
Obama was far more dictatorial than Trump has even attempted to be. Trump is at least trying to get rid of the fascist ACA. Oh, but you’re all for the dictator when they do something you like.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Why nt make it so gun oweners have to be licensed? Car owners are.
You must realize how moronic that sounds.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:40 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
are car owners licensed at the federal level?? have we gone to a USA federal drivers license that I didn't know of??

or are you arguing FOR states to have the right to license
I'm a different person than who I think you were responding to, but in response to your comment, car owners don't have a federal licensing but commercial vehicle owners do because driving one of these vehicles could be much more catastrophic than a small car if it's involved in an accident with another driver(s). This demands higher scrutiny to make sure that the drivers are of sound mind (hence stricter DUI laws for them, for example), know what they're doing, and aren't creating a danger to the public:

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registrati...nse/compliance

So there already exists a rational basis and precedent for more stringent federal licensing for use of items that could pose a more imminent threat to the public is already there.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm a different person than who I think you were responding to, but in response to your comment, car owners don't have a federal licensing but commercial vehicle owners do because driving one of these vehicles could be much more catastrophic than a small car if it's involved in an accident with another driver(s). This demands higher scrutiny to make sure that the drivers are of sound mind (hence stricter DUI laws for them, for example), know what they're doing, and aren't creating a danger to the public:

So there already exists a rational basis and precedent for more stringent federal licensing for use of items that could pose a more imminent threat to the public is already there.
The 2nd Amendment says “shall not be infringed,” not “shall be licensed at the whim of hoplophobes.”

Old 09-16-2019, 06:50 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Obama was far more dictatorial than Trump has even attempted to be. Trump is at least trying to get rid of the fascist ACA. Oh, but you’re all for the dictator when they do something you like.
How is passing a law through Congress dictatorial? Trump just bypasses Congress to get money he wants for his pet projects even though they hold the purse strings. So who's the dictator?

Old 09-16-2019, 06:52 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What makes me laugh is anyone thinking that the Govt knowing what you have inside your house is any of their business. The military is us. Almost all my friends and family are retired military. Maybe that's why we know not to trust the govt.

The Govt, the same one you trust, sends us to wars we shouldn't be in.
I don't necessarily trust the government. But you can believe I really don't trust a bunch of yahoos running around wanting to be root'em toot 'em cowboys.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:57 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post

You don't need a federal license to start a church, or to start a "news" website, or to prevent govt agencies from tapping your communications or pulling you over with no cause, or have a right to a speedy trial. Those are the standards that any type of firearm licensing are held up against, not possibility of "imminent?" threat. We don't abandon the fourth amendment because some terrorists fly some planes into some buildings (though obviously some would argue we already did, but that's another conversation).

Old 09-16-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
How is passing a law through Congress dictatorial? Trump just bypasses Congress to get money he wants for his pet projects even though they hold the purse strings. So who's the dictator?
I knew you’d defend Obama and the Democrats on the ACA. In your mind it’s perfectly acceptable for the left to demolish healthcare and force private citizens to do business with a third party.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:02 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Obama went AROUND CONGRESS more than any other POTUS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies