Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 09:06 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What has she actually accomplished?
My question is where do they find them?

Old 09-24-2019, 09:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why don’t you go ahead & tell us why it’s selfish to not have kids.
Many would argue the exact opposite. It's selfish TO have kids.

Quote:
She made Dump stand up and take notice, for one. She was featured on every news channel in the world. When you do that, let us know.

She can deliver a powerful speech. Trump only WISHES he could command that kind of speech with his lackluster reading of the teleprompter.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:12 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Did someone tell this spoiled child about all the carbon released to get on the other side of the ocean to cry?

Not to mention flying two twelve man yacht crews back and forth across the ocean to man the thing.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
She is the face of the youth movement for her cause (whether you agree with her cause of not). She was invited to speak at the UN.

Were you invited to speak at UN at 16? Do you know anyone who was?

She is one of the most accomplished 16 yr olds today. Just because you disagree with her message, does not take that away.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-24-2019 at 09:49 AM..

Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not surprising that a Trump supporter would judge her, mock her, and call her names (like "creepy") because of her Autism.

Every single thing you said in your post is irrelevant. Her autism, her "mutism", her OCD, Her rich parents, and the fact that you find her to be creepy. Not one of those things has anything to do with the issue she is raising. Yet, you use all of these unrelated things as an excuse to ignore her. To completely discount her as a human.

Nasty person.

Also unrelated - the photos of her and both of her parents sporting the spiffy black ANTIFA t-shirts ?

Oh no, no agenda there, no siree ...

Old 09-24-2019, 09:20 AM

1,675 posts, read 577,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
LOL, last year governments spent 5.2 trillion dollars subsidizing the fossil fuel industry.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesel.../#27f5b1084473

This is up from $4.5 trillion dollars the year before.

Where is your outrage?

Your whole post is denier paranoia. Investment is not a giveaway. Green investment means green jobs which means economic expansion.

You're okay with trillions to the fossil fuel industry but not to industries of the future.

You need to rethink your priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The fortune Al Gore made from the global warming alarmism, is just one tiny little tip of the iceberg.

There’s Big Money in Global Warming Alarmism

Here’s How 16 Big Companies Are Profiting Off Global Warming

The Paris Agreement is a $23 trillion investment opportunity. How can we unlock it?

The historic Paris Agreement on climate change has added wind to the sails of already accelerating climate-smart investment markets. The year 2015 was another record-breaking one for renewable energy with nearly $350 billion invested, more than doubling the amount going to coal and gas-fired power generation. So, where are the most promising investments and what do the governments need to do to unlock private finance?

To answer these questions, IFC—a member of the World Bank Group and the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries—analyzed the national climate commitments made in Paris by 21 emerging market economies where we expect to see major investment in infrastructure and climate-smart solutions.

If these countries make good on their ambitions to scale up solar and wind energy, increase green buildings, put in place cleaner transport, and implement waste solutions—there is a $23 trillion investment potential between now and 2030.

As long as you jump onto the climate change bandwagon, you stand to profit handsomely, government will just give you free taxpayer money.

Whether you are getting that $7,500 subsidy for buying your new electric car, or $1,000 for buying your home's new air-conditioner, or if you are just a green energy manufacturer who receives tens of millions of taxpayer dollar subsides, man-made global warming money is free, and everyone gets their piece of it.

The catch is, you have to join in with the scam. If you are a skeptic, you will get nothing. In fact, if you own a company and you do not embrace the scam, not only will you have to make it on your own, without the millions of government subsides your "green" competitors receive, but.... government will write new laws and regulations designed to bankrupt you, and drive you out of business.

We already have the Democrats running for president proposing dozens of outright bans on products they don't like. If they do gain power, they will simply ban anything they believe isn't green enough.

Both of these posts are correct. The first served well the west until recently. Now it is only doing it service to developing countries and they're catching up. The second is about raising the price of energy so the west stay on top.

Simple as that, nothing to do with the climate.

Last edited by thelogo; 09-24-2019 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-24-2019, 09:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Not to mention flying two twelve man yacht crews back and forth across the ocean to man the thing.
Where did you get that? It does not require 12 men crews to sail.

Having said that, obviously airplanes will fly with, or without her, so the boat thing is what it is.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:22 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hCg-NGKBPSI

Old 09-24-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Maybe off on that, if so, I'm sorry.

I find it repugnant that someone would use her medical conditions to discredit her message, and even more offputting to label someone as "creepy" or to dehumanize them as a horror movie character. I don't care who you support, I find that to be the highest level of wrong.

I know some will be OK with it. Anyone who still supports Trump (why I made the apparently bad assumption) is OK with mocking the disabled. I am not.

"It's like — it was like Special Olympics, or something." — Barack Obama, responding to a question from Jay Leno on NBC's Tonight Show about his shoddy bowling game.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I’m not a big proponent of corporal punishment (it has its place and should be used sparingly). But, this snot-nosed developmentally-disabled [cause mods hate it when I use the ‘r’ word] brat needs a sound beating. Not a spanking, but a full fledged pounding. Who the hell does she think she is to appear like this and chide the world over her imagined wrongs.
So i guess after you have dispensed your brand of justice and the young girl is laying on the floor crying/bleeding and battered to a pulp you will look down and feel you have achieved some measure of moral retribution at the girl for having the audacity to speak her mind.,What a hero. i think i'd rather listen to what she has to say rather than what you have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies