Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 12:33 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
On a high tech sailboat mostly made of PLASTIC, thus mostly made of petroleum products.
You proved my point by trashing her mode of transport, i'm sure a similar trashing is in store for anything else she does on your list thereby relegating her to live in a proverbial cave to avoid appearing hypocritical if she partakes of any modern amenity.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:35 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You proved my point by trashing her mode of transport, i'm sure a similar trashing is in store for anything else she does on your list thereby relegating her to live in a proverbial cave to avoid appearing hypocritical if she partakes of any modern amenity.
Isn't that kind of ironic? Somehow "we" found a way to "ruin her childhood and dreams" by developing tons of tools, technology, entertainment, and knowledge that could arguably be said to make us one of the luckiest and smartest societies in the history of the world, and that she is clearly benefiting from.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:43 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Isn't that kind of ironic? Somehow "we" found a way to "ruin her childhood and dreams" by developing tons of tools, technology, entertainment, and knowledge that could arguably be said to make us one of the luckiest and smartest societies in the history of the world, and that she is clearly benefiting from.
Very good point. And , really, isn't she barking up the wrong tree ? Where is the logic in all this ? I just posted this in another thread. Want to see an impact in pollution ? Target the shipping industry. Allegedly 15 of the largest container ships pollute as much as 50 million vehicles. Not only air pollution but pollution to our oceans as well. From what I've read there are only 400 ships that navigate the globe , keeping us in all those consumer goods we love. So just 15 out of 400 would be a small price to pay to eliminate the pollution of 50 million vehicles, wouldn't one think ? That seems like a simple, short term solution with a large reduction. Much more than the 1.2 million EV vehicles sold globally last year.

Why aren't those climate activists doing this ?

Old 09-24-2019, 12:44 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you ruled by a 73 year old man-child who is yelling at you? Do you think you should obey his commands?
That isn't the issue. If you want to discuss trump go start another thread.

Are you ruled by a 16 y old child?

It appears lots of people on this thread are.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:44 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is truly a disgusting comment and says a lot more about you than it does about her.
I don't give a rats behind. I hate hypocrisy, that's all. What is really disgusting here is exploiting a mentally challenged child

Old 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, it is. And you know it.
LOL... yeah, OK.

Maybe at best - a slight jab at the parents. The girl should be in school - not being used by elites for political leverage.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:51 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
LOL... yeah, OK.

Maybe at best - a slight jab at the parents at best. The girl should be in school - not be used by elites for political leverage.
What's hilarious is if she were promoting a pro-life agenda, the very people screaming what a great asset she is for climate change would be turning on their heels screaming that she was a brainwashed pro-life stooge.

They cannot see the forest for the trees.

CHILDREN do not belong in politics. Ever.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:01 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Very good point. And , really, isn't she barking up the wrong tree ? Where is the logic in all this ? I just posted this in another thread. Want to see an impact in pollution ? Target the shipping industry. Allegedly 15 of the largest container ships pollute as much as 50 million vehicles. Not only air pollution but pollution to our oceans as well. From what I've read there are only 400 ships that navigate the globe , keeping us in all those consumer goods we love. So just 15 out of 400 would be a small price to pay to eliminate the pollution of 50 million vehicles, wouldn't one think ? That seems like a simple, short term solution with a large reduction. Much more than the 1.2 million EV vehicles sold globally last year.

Why aren't those climate activists doing this ?
Why aren't they doing it? Because it has to start somewhere. It has to gain traction. Baby steps.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What's hilarious is if she were promoting a pro-life agenda, the very people screaming what a great asset she is for climate change would be turning on their heels screaming that she was a brainwashed pro-life stooge.

They cannot see the forest for the trees.

CHILDREN do not belong in politics. Ever.
Children belong in politics when the adults in politics won't do their jobs. This is going to be her world that's been given to her. She has a right to kick and scream about the unjustness of it.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I don't give a rats behind. I hate hypocrisy, that's all. What is really disgusting here is exploiting a mentally challenged child
I see so many on here talk about a mentally challenged child. I mean really, the nerve of her trying to raise awareness of climate change and the effects that are going to affect all of us. Instead they're cheering on a bona fide mentally unstable person who is doing his best to destroy the only earth that we have. Does anybody see the irony in this? The horror of this girl trying to raise awareness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies