Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
There is no need to live pre industrial era... That is RightWing talking points, made to distract and have people quibble with nonsense. Even the BS about not eating meat is rightwing talking points.

We are perfectly able to have functioning society based on Renewable power production.
It takes money to set up.. but just stop giving subsidies to fossile fuel companies and that would go a long way.

There is no problem growing food without fossile fuel machinery..
There is no problem getting produce from A to B without fossile fuel.
etc etc etc...

Batteries and electric motors are the future... driven by renewables and hopefully Thorium.

I suppose you will have miners with picks and shovels to get those metal ores out of the ground.
You will have a tough time distributing that electrical power without metals. AFAIK, "broadcast power" hasn't been invented yet, and it will be a long time in the future before it exists.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
I knew about it in the early 80s.. and have cared since.
Ok, then exactly what is she up there yakking about and having a mental break down over?

What is next, a 15 year old getting up there and saying the world is round? And we are all suppose to be amazed by this grand insight?

Old 09-24-2019, 04:23 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,128 times
How profoundly sad that her parents have done this to her. She is so sad and clearly on the verge of a mental breakdown. Her childhood has been stolen......by her parents who let this happen.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
How profoundly sad that her parents have done this to her. She is so sad and clearly on the verge of a mental breakdown. Her childhood has been stolen......by her parents who let this happen.
yes. if anyone ‘stole’ her childhood it was her clueless parents.

How 16-year-old Greta Thunberg's rise could backfire on environmentalists
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Old 09-24-2019, 04:31 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I suppose you will have miners with picks and shovels to get those metal ores out of the ground.
You will have a tough time distributing that electrical power without metals. AFAIK, "broadcast power" hasn't been invented yet, and it will be a long time in the future before it exists.

There are electric mining machines out there... and cables to distribute electricity.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:37 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yes. if anyone ‘stole’ her childhood it was her clueless parents.

How 16-year-old Greta Thunberg's rise could backfire on environmentalists
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

So.. A kid is interested in football.

His parents loves him, so they buy him books about the sport and equipment and drives him to practice.

When he turns 16, he speaks out about CTE on national tv, because he has been interested in this for a few years and knows the facts.

How COULD you let us continue tackling each other when there is evidence it can cause irreparable harm, why did you not do anything?????

You are claiming his parents are awful parents because he is talking out against CTE.

When we just want to continue use Fossile fuels.. I mean watch Football.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:

His parents loves him, so they buy him books about the sport and equipment and drives him to practice.

When he turns 16, he speaks out about CTE on national tv, because he has been interested in this for a few years and knows the facts.

How COULD you let us continue tackling each other when there is evidence it can cause irreparable harm, why did you not do anything?????

You are claiming his parents are awful parents because he is talking out against CTE.

No. They are awful parents for using their child on a global stage to further their own interests.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:44 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:

i did?
that’s odd, since i said nothing about an imaginary football player’s parents.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:58 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So i guess after you have dispensed your brand of justice and the young girl is laying on the floor crying/bleeding and battered to a pulp you will look down and feel you have achieved some measure of moral retribution at the girl for having the audacity to speak her mind.,What a hero. i think i'd rather listen to what she has to say rather than what you have to say.
sometimes people say really stupid s**t, don't they? Me, I prefer to read it, so we may remember who to ignore as incapable of rational and adult behavior.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:09 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:

serious question - what has she proposed?

what facts does she know?

That Jake Novak piece https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/how-...entalists.html

was pretty insightful. I see the MSM is already glossing over the fact that Thunberg excoriated the "Green New Deal", but not by name.

Watch the clip of her as Trump walks in. Goes from smiling to scowling ... on cue.

WHy can't we use natural gas? I guess it's a fossil fuel. Why can't we use nuclear?

Because simply - it seems - they don't meet the POLITICAL test of the protest movement.

Folks may think the right is "Big Oil" because of POLITICS. Guess what - the other side of the argument is every bit as political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies