Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 10:16 AM

18,462 posts, read 8,292,857 times

Advertisements

I think the irony of her talking to the UN is hysterical....it was the UN that put the policies in place that guaranteed CO2 emissions would increase....and idiots keep going to the UN and asking them to do something about it....LOL

..the UN doesn't want to stop global warming ROTFL

Old 09-24-2019, 10:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's a marketing thing.

We've all hard about heart disease but the American Heart Association raises awareness with the Red Dress movement.

We've all hard about cancer but the American Cancer Society raises awareness with their daffodil campaign.

It's a campaign.......

She's not 'teaching' me politics....I didn't say that.
Right. She's a pawn in a campaign. She is doing nothing except reading her lines.

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You mean like Nicholas Sandmann, the Kentucky teen who stood up to the Native American?

Do you know how many threats he and his family received?

Kentucky student seen in viral confrontation with Native American speaks out

"I am being called every name in the book, including a racist, and I will not stand for this mob-like character assassination of my family's name," Sandmann said. " ... One person threatened to harm me at school and one person claims to live in my neighborhood. My parents are receiving death and professional threats because of the social media mob that has formed over this issue."
Mob like character assassination......like you guys are doing to s teen who only wants the best for the environment. How awful, how heinous.

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
She's 16. She's got her whole life ahead of her. At 16, I was buying my first car. Oh wait - That damn climate "crisis"..

The only one stealing her dreams, are her parents..

Old 09-24-2019, 10:27 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
I have to wonder...
Do all those ranting against fossil fuels have any idea what those "fuels" are used for?
Does poor little Greta, with her destroyed childhood, understand why coal and petroleum are needed in the world of today?
Does she know what that "carbon neutral" boat that she sailed in to the United States was made of?
Is there steel in it? Making steel requires mining of iron ore, which requires petroleum. Coke is required for making steel out of pig iron. Coke is made from coal.
Is there aluminum in it? Again, mining required, of bauxite and other minerals. It also requires massive amounts of electricity, made by hydro-electric or coal fired power plants.
Are all the ropes/lines made of hemp or manila, or are they synthetic? If synthetic, that means more coal and oil. If natural fibers, fuel is needed to make the ropes.
Is it a wooden hull? More petroleum and electricity needed to cut the trees and make the lumber.
Is it a fiberglas hull? More petroleum for mining the minerals to make the glass fibers.
Did it have holding tanks, or was the human waste dumped into the ocean?
What did they do with the trash that humans naturally create?

What fuel was used to cook the meals? Gas? When natural gas or propane or butane is burned, the products of combustion are water vapor and carbon dioxide.
Even the batteries and solar panels required mining, using massive amounts of fossil fuels.
Did they use a generator? More mining and fossil fuels!

A "environmentally friendly, carbon neutral" boat? No, sorry, little girl, it just ain't true! Nor is it possible.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:33 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mob like character assassination......like you guys are doing to s teen who only wants the best for the environment. How awful, how heinous.
She's being used. How come how parent's are not out there in the public?

She's being used because she is a child who expresses her emotions and fear in dramatic fashion - and she is being used to push this issue.

Her parents allowed it. They are probably being paid for this as well.

Is that character assassination?

Old 09-24-2019, 10:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:

She's being used because she is a child who expresses her emotions and fear in dramatic fashion - and she is being used to push this issue.

Pointing out truth these days is becoming politically incorrect.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:

No, but in order to shame and silence you, they have to accuse you of something ugly.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:41 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Just heard this girl has Asperger's. Disgusting how she's been exploited.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
she'll end up with hurt feelings. just like that kid in Florida. 15 minutes of fame is running out. Maybe a 30 minute private meeting with Biden is warranted. sniff sniff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies