Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 06:19 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,852,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This argument is tired. I'm not part of the "MAGA crowd" by any means, but its the same tripe you folks rolled out to lamely attempt to counter any dissent towards AOC, David Hogg, and now this girl. Nobody is afraid, triggered, or having a nerve hit.

People have basic disagreements with the whole concept of whats going on with this girl, those are called opinions. They aren't any of the other silly, vapid, meaningless things you all try to deflect with.
I just find it stunning that people are calling a 16 year old girl who is concerned what is happening to the climate around her such awful names. She's 16 for God's sake. And yes, I do believe she is hitting the nerves of a lot of people. Just like AOC and Hogg have done. People get afraid when their status quo way of living is being challenged.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:19 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,795,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She sure does trigger them. She's quite a powerhouse. Look at the millions of young people this year who have marched as opposed to just her last year. She is hitting a nerve for sure.
Not because *of* that kid.

The kids was just a prop. Used by adults who will financially benefit from the cause. Curriculum. Products. Media.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:20 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,852,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

The kids was just a prop. Used by adults who will financially benefit from the cause. Curriculum. Products. Media.
Please provide proof of these adults who are financially benefiting from the cause. And who are these adults?

Old 09-23-2019, 06:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

35,728 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Who specifically stole her childhood?

What does that mean?
I think she thinks the worry she's feeling, with the dire threats that we will all cook or drown in 5 years, is ruining her life.

Welcome to the world, sister. We had our "childhoods stolen" sitting under desks with our arms over our heads, and my parents had their childhoods stolen while they wondered if the economy would ever bounce back, or if humanity was headed for mass starvation.

For the most part, we're all still here, remembering the feeling of the realization that we aren't bulletproof.

Honestly, she reminds me of this little prissy butt babysitter at a neighborhood barbecue who asked if my kids were allowed to watch Barney (which, they were allowed to, but who in the world wanted to? Ugh, what an awful show) because she thought that show was actually child abuse and she wouldn't babysit for parents who allowed child abuse. I glanced around at the parents in the group, and they all had these bemused, if somewhat irritated expressions on their faces and funny, no one asked her to babysit although there was a shortage of sitters in the neighborhood.

Honey, sit down before you hurt yourself.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:21 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,978,593 times
Quote:
She sure does trigger them. She's quite a powerhouse. Look at the millions of young people this year who have marched as opposed to just her last year. She is hitting a nerve for sure.
Do you truly believe this 1 child fully orchestrated an entire movement with ZERO intervention by adults and organizations that have a very specific agenda?

Think she just called up the UN on her own, was put right through on the phone and got permission and security clearance to go simply by asking? YES! Here's a 16 y old girl ... we must listen to her yelling at us as if we were children who spilled the milk at dinner!!! Right.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 PM

33,576 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

OMG, what a steaming load of excrement!

Old 09-23-2019, 06:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,998,400 times
Quote:
I just find it stunning that people are calling a 16 year old girl who is concerned what is happening to the climate around her such awful names. She's 16 for God's sake. And yes, I do believe she is hitting the nerves of a lot of people. Just like AOC and Hogg have done. People get afraid when their status quo way of living is being challenged.
Again, you are just falling into and perpetrating the nonsense that these people want. The whole "oh, clutch my pearls, these big meanies have the NERVE to say anything about the opinions of this poor widdle 16 year old girl" perspective is appalling. Its the exact psychologically manipulative measure that people want and push for by putting a 16 year old girl out there as the face of this. If she is the face of this, she doesn't get to have an unchallenged opinion, thats exactly what her handlers want...a person who can say anything and then if anyone questions it they are attacked for their moral makeup. Its pathetic.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:24 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,441,783 times
Quote:
Either we take what she says seriously, agree or not, or we dismiss her because "she's 16."

Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This argument is tired. I'm not part of the "MAGA crowd" by any means, but its the same tripe you folks rolled out to lamely attempt to counter any dissent towards AOC, David Hogg, and now this girl. Nobody is afraid, triggered, or having a nerve hit.

People have basic disagreements with the whole concept of whats going on with this girl, those are called opinions. They aren't any of the other silly, vapid, meaningless things you all try to deflect with.
I'm no Trump fan either, but this is what some posters do to try and manipulate and silence people they disagree with.

Consider the source(s).

Old 09-23-2019, 06:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,998,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm entitled to my opinion as well, eh?

Let's hope she doesn't get the death threats that David Hogg did.
Opinions on the topic at hand, absolutely. Biased slurs against the people who have different opinions than your own? Sure, but lets not pretend they have any actual value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies