Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 06:54 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course people who are not paying taxes are not going to agree with people who are paying taxes. Especially if the first group is promised more and the second group, already tired of the gov't taking so much of their hard earned money will be forced to pay more.
Yup. When you rob Peter to pay Paul, Paul will be happy. Peter? Not so much.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't care what the rest of the world does, I want free market health care here.

And maybe you should stop the fear mongering and snide comments if you don't understand it. It has nothing to do with back in the day when people died of teeth problems - which actually still happens, by the way, because people don't go to the dentist like they should.

Your numbers are off. Self employed, you get the full amount in take home pay. So $50,000 a year is $4166/month, not $3500.
Wow, I better fire my bookkeeper and CPA because being that I am a business owner I never got to take home the full amount. I'll have to tell them Wolves In Snow said I am supposed to take it all.

As an S-corp, not only are we taxed on a personal level we are also taxed on as a corporation. We are also an unpaid tax collector. It appears you don't know anything about business finance and taxation, not even close so I'm not going to bother because you are starting from zero and it could take a book.

And then after all this, we have to leave money in our business or you, the employee won't get paid.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:55 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Our union was just told that our health care insurance costs will go up 15%, for 2020. All hail ObamaCare.
My daughter turned 30 this year, so she was forced into a higher tier with an 87% increase.

Thank you President Obama, you rat bastard.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
My daughter turned 30 this year, so she was forced into a higher tier with an 87% increase.

Add Nancy "you have to vote for it to see what's in it" Pelosi.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
But what happens if I'm driving tomorrow and someone - probably a liberal - crashes his car into me and I end up in the hospital with a $200,000 bill? I need to have insurance.
You can usually get an addendum added to your car insurance policy that covers hospitalization fees in the event of a major collision injury. Car insurance is mandatory anyway if you choose to drive. If the bill is $200,000 and you are still alive somehow (lol) then I would hope there would be somebody to sue for damages. I'm still not paying $1,000/mo on that sort of remote what-if scenario. Drive defensively and that will probably never happen anyway.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

So she got a taste of Obama's redistribution scheme. I wonder, was she also taken in by Obama and did she support Obamacare when it was cool for the young to do?

Does she understand that when she works for someone else just because her policy didn't skyrocket that it is because her employer took the hit instead. People don't understand the value of employer benefits.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Don't downplay this. Taxes will zoom up on the middle-class. And with liberals saying they want to provide it to illegals, well.....the costs to law-abiding, tax-paying Americans will be tremendous.

Also, do not discount how unfair this is to elderly people, who have paid in for 40 years. Any Medicare-for-all scheme would more likely resemble Medicaid-for-all, with rationing and long waits. After years of dutifully paying into Medicare, with the promise a good plan would exist for them when they retire, older Americans will find themselves with much poorer health coverage. Nobody over 65 (or even approaching 65) will vote for a scheme that will make their own insurance worse just at the very age they need it.
What is it about DOA in Congress did you miss?

Medicare enrollees already face serious wait times in many markets. While most MDs accept Medicare reimbursement, most cap the number. Why would most practices give priority to patients with the lowest reimbursement rate when they can accept a patient with private insurance which will result in a higher reimbursement?

Eliminating private insurance is just blah blah. Not going to happen.

Sounds like you and I may.be in the same age bracket. I am unaware of any promise that a good plan would exist when I retire. Sounds a tad like wishful thinking to me. In fact, I am acutely aware that both Social Security and Medicare could be abolished by Congress and not a cent refunded to those who have paid in for 40+ years. Of course that tens of millions of people would take pitch forks to Congress, is besides the point.

I do think it would be entertaining if Bernie got the nomination and he and Trump debated healthcare.

The guy who ran on the promise to “repeal and replace Obamacare with something ( undefined) that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it” vs Mr Medicare for All.

1 goofy + 1 goofy= 2 goofies

Old 10-17-2019, 07:04 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, I better fire my bookkeeper and CPA because being that I am a business owner I never got to take home the full amount. I'll have to tell them Wolves In Snow said I am supposed to take it all.

As an S-corp, not only are we taxed on a personal level we are also taxed on as a corporation. We are also an unpaid tax collector. It appears you don't know anything about business finance and taxation, not even close so I'm not going to bother because you are starting from zero and it could take a book.

And then after all this, we have to leave money in our business or you, the employee won't get paid.
Thanks, Petch. I just tried to educate that poster. Do people really think that self-employed people earning $50,000 get to keep it all?

Old 10-17-2019, 07:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What is it about DOA in Congress did you miss?

Medicare enrollees already face serious wait times in many markets. While most MDs accept Medicare reimbursement, most cap the number. Why would most practices give priority to patients with the lowest reimbursement rate when they can accept a patient with private insurance which will result in a higher reimbursement?

Eliminating private insurance is just blah blah. Not going to happen.

Sounds like you and I may.be in the same age bracket. I am unaware of any promise that a good plan would exist when I retire. Sounds a tad like wishful thinking to me. In fact, I am acutely aware that both Social Security and Medicare could be abolished by Congress and not a cent refunded to those who have paid in for 40+ years. Of course that tens of millions of people would take pitch forks to Congress, is besides the point.

I do think it would be entertaining if Bernie got the nomination and he and Trump debated healthcare.

The guy who ran on the promise to “repeal and replace Obamacare with something ( undefined) that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it” vs Mr Medicare for All.

1 goofy + 1 goofy= 2 goofies
The issue is that everyone who is running is a loon. We lose no matter what. Well people still in the states do. My back is covered.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Petch. I just tried to educate that poster. Do people really think that self-employed people earning $50,000 get to keep it all?
LOL, I laughed out loud when I read Snow's post. People don't know what business owners do and pay for and because they don't understand taxation and business it is easy for politicians to lie to them (rhetoric)...

As I always say never let a politician or the media educate you because they'll always mislead. Sadly many people do just that and we have a population of people who have false beliefs.

Last edited by petch751; 10-17-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies