Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 01:47 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yep!

All roads lead tRump back to Putin.

It'll be fun to learn exactly what it is that Putin has on him.

Still hanging on to that fantasy are ya'. Good for you. Keep hope alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 01:47 PM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Prove it with a video or a transcript. Leaks from Schiff, the RESIST Democrats, and the DNC propaganda outlets do NOT count.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm no fan of Bush Jr., but I would not label him a traitor anymore than I'd label Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan one. I didn't agree with his politics, and like any politician (either side) he did some dirty things. I hate it, but that comes with the office.

Trump is in a league by himself. He is likely so filthy dirty that we've never seen the likes of him before, and I hope we never will again. If he's not dirty, it just shows he is THAT stupid and gullible (just like I said above about his base), and unqualified for the office. Either way, he's a disgrace to our country and doing immeasurable harm to us.

I guess my only point here is that I get you don't like Bush Jr. (Neither did I), but PLEASE don't put him in the same group as Trump. It falsely legitimizes Trump and that is not OK.

Given the choice, I'd take 8 more years of Bush right now, to avoid the next 14+ months (or 62, God forbid) of Trump. In a heartbeat.
This brings up a point I've been wondering about lately: Does Trump know he's lying? I mean, is he so caught up in inventing his own reality that he actually buys into it? Convinces himself it's real? Or does he buy into the reality that all people are stupid enough to believe he has any credibility, beyond the tribal MAGA hat supporters?

Old 10-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I'm no fan of Bush Jr., but I would not label him a traitor anymore than I'd label Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan one. I didn't agree with his politics, and like any politician (either side) he did some dirty things. I hate it, but that comes with the office.

Trump is in a league by himself. He is likely so filthy dirty that we've never seen the likes of him before, and I hope we never will again. If he's not dirty, it just shows he is THAT stupid and gullible (just like I said above about his base), and unqualified for the office. Either way, he's a disgrace to our country and doing immeasurable harm to us.

I guess my only point here is that I get you don't like Bush Jr. (Neither did I), but PLEASE don't put him in the same group as Trump. It falsely legitimizes Trump and that is not OK.

Given the choice, I'd take 8 more years of Bush right now, to avoid the next 14+ months (or 62, God forbid) of Trump. In a heartbeat.
Yet, you wouldn't vote for Bush or someone like him. And you wouldn't complain when the DNC conducted its usual character assassination and claims of "racist!" "misogynist!" "corporatist!" etc. that they do to ANYONE who doesn't have a (D) after his or her name.

Trump is not "in the same group" because he actually fights back. That's why you and the other liberal statists hate him so much.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Prove it with a video or a transcript. Leaks from Schiff, the RESIST Democrats, and the DNC propaganda outlets do NOT count.
Never fear. Open testimony is coming.

Nancy is simply biding her time until the most opportune moment (i.e. closer to the election) because she can. Republicans have themselves to blame for that.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:58 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,262 times
Quote:

Ghost, at first I was gonna agree w you.

However, Upon-Further-Review, DubYa is in a whole ‘nother league. His “fake†WMD’s cost us $trillions and thousands of lives. aka one HUGE lie is much worse than Trump’s 13,000 lies and Trump hasn’t cost us $trillions (yet).

Old 10-23-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Never fear. Open testimony is coming.

Nancy is simply biding her time until the most opportune moment (i.e. closer to the election) because she can. Republicans have themselves to blame for that.
And when these Soviet-style tactics are used on the Democrats, no complaining from you. The Democrats destroyed advice and consent for judicial nominations and they have now destroyed impeachment. They just hate the Constitution, which we all knew already.

The good news is that they aren't going to get away with it. But, when the Mueller report comes out I am sure Trump is toast.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:59 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
And when these Soviet-style tactics are used on the Democrats, no complaining from you. The Democrats destroyed advice and consent for judicial nominations and they have now destroyed impeachment. They just hate the Constitution, which we all knew already.

The good news is that they aren't going to get away with it. But, when the Mueller report comes out I am sure Trump is toast.
Don't worry, republicans have been using these style tactics and worse on democrats since Nixon, they are used to it. The idea that they would NOT use them were it not for Trump being a criminal and getting himself impeached is laughable. Merrick Garland anyone? How long did they investigate BC for again? The list goes on and on.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:00 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
If Trump did nothing wrong, there would be no need to keep these hidden:

https://apnews.com/8b5015ee2b45435892fea49fdc73174e

I'm betting his administration will fight this tooth and nail until the very end. You know, cause that's what you do with evidence that proves your innocence.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:01 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
And when these Soviet-style tactics are used on the Democrats, no complaining from you....
Don't worry, I won't be complaining.

I would be right there with you complaining about this go 'round had it not been the other party that put the wheels in motion. A quintessential example of "be careful what you ask for".

You and the others with the "Soviet" nonsense. Which radio personality put that bug in your ears? Rush? Levin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies