Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Totally agree. There is a reason that Gaetz is storming the SCIF complaining about process. There is a reason Trump is inaccurately claiming that there needs to be a full House vote before an investigation can be started. There is a reason Trump sycophants on this thread are whinging up a storm about how unfair the process is.

The reason is that they are trying to distract the public from the absolutely damning testimony given so far. There is no doubt in my mind Trump will be impeached. Moreover, I bet there are going to be more than a handful of Republicans voting for impeachment.
Agree w all of this Limey.

But, let’s keep our eyes on the Prize, which is Removal or Resignation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 01:34 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Not true.

That subpoena power is non-binding. It is not within the framework of the Judicial System.

Additionally, you need a majority of votes to proceed. That hasn't changed. If that were the case, they would just abandon the voting mechanism completely.

That's why Repubs are in there today, and Adam Schiff knows it, so he folded up his little Dog and Pony Show Tent and ran away.
Congress is the Legislative Branch, not the Judicial Branch. You ignore one of those subpoenas, you can be held in Contempt of Congress.

They "need a majority of votes to proceed" with what, precisely? The inquiry? Demonstrably false.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:34 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Sniff Sniff I smell desperation in the air

Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
So what you are saying is you don't even know the difference between an investigation and an indictment.

Why should anyone take your opinion seriously when you lack vital basic knowledge and flog that ignorance in a farcical real time display of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Easy answer: they don't.

Why, indeed.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Sniff Sniff I smell desperation in the air
Yep!

All roads lead tRump back to Putin.

It'll be fun to learn exactly what it is that Putin has on him.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,262 times
Quote:
No. I'd rather point an laugh at the people languishing in self imposed ignorance. If you want answers, find them yourself.
Triple-Z,

Can we all send Fuele a $bill for our educational services?!

Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They’re like battered housewives, what ya expect?

Their last messiah was Bush Jr. that traitor lied to the American people knowingly to start his wars.

Now they’ve got trump. The biggest disgrace this country has yet to see.

Denial is to be expected.
I'm no fan of Bush Jr., but I would not label him a traitor anymore than I'd label Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan one. I didn't agree with his politics, and like any politician (either side) he did some dirty things. I hate it, but that comes with the office.

Trump is in a league by himself. He is likely so filthy dirty that we've never seen the likes of him before, and I hope we never will again. If he's not dirty, it just shows he is THAT stupid and gullible (just like I said above about his base), and unqualified for the office. Either way, he's a disgrace to our country and doing immeasurable harm to us.

I guess my only point here is that I get you don't like Bush Jr. (Neither did I), but PLEASE don't put him in the same group as Trump. It falsely legitimizes Trump and that is not OK.

Given the choice, I'd take 8 more years of Bush right now, to avoid the next 14+ months (or 62, God forbid) of Trump. In a heartbeat.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
15 pages of his opening statement have been published. That's not hearsay or filtered through a Dem House member. It's straight from the horse's mouth.
that was not my understanding, so I appreciate the correction. as best I can tell - he personally (or his attorneys) released it to the Washington Post?

Old 10-23-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm no fan of Bush Jr., but I would not label him a traitor anymore than I'd label Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan one. I didn't agree with his politics, and like any politician (either side) he did some dirty things. I hate it, but that comes with the office.

Trump is in a league by himself. He is likely so filthy dirty that we've never seen the likes of him before, and I hope we never will again. If he's not dirty, it just shows he is THAT stupid and gullible (just like I said above about his base), and unqualified for the office. Either way, he's a disgrace to our country and doing immeasurable harm to us.

I guess my only point here is that I get you don't like Bush Jr. (Neither did I), but PLEASE don't put him in the same group as Trump. It falsely legitimizes Trump and that is not OK.

Given the choice, I'd take 8 more years of Bush right now, to avoid the next 14+ months (or 62, God forbid) of Trump. In a heartbeat.
Reps to you on this post!

I voted for W both times and would have been over the moon to have an equivalent choice back in 2016.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
that was not my understanding, so I appreciate the correction.
No problem. We're all lagging behind the news cycle now and again. This week has been busier than most.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies