Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe affirmative action is needed anymore
Yes 2 7.14%
No 26 92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 06:26 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And finally we get to the real rational of her opposition to AA. It has nothing do with being fair. It has everything to do with rewarding those bad behaviors of the Blacks. All the the trite Conservative talking points are here -- out of wedlock birth rates, culture of victimhood, get off the welfare, etc.

Also, the irony isn't lost watching you talk about Blacks as a collective, but not a thread goes by where you call people anti-Semitic for doing the same thing to Jewish people.
That's not the rationale for being opposed to AA. It's a response to Victim Servant, who said we should keep giving preferential treatment to blacks until they are " equal" to whites. (He never said how we measure that, but I'm guessing net income or net worth.) You can't do that while ignoring the factors that black themselves contribute to inequality.

IOW, blacks will never have "equality" with whites when they have 3x the illegitimacy rate. It is a prime cause of poverty, low educational attainment, and crime. Not one single black person has acknowledged that yes, blacks have some role in their own lack of equality.

All I see here is that blacks are desperate to keep skin-based AA, and the unfair advantage they get with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly, as it has nothing to do with the high-achieving black students who attend elite institutions. She just wants to believe that all blacks have oow children, espouse victimhood and are on welfare, when that isn’t the case. It angers her that these Ivy League black students and others who attend elite institutions exist and completely defy the stereotypes she fights to maintain. Oh well...
And again, we are not talking about high-achieving black students who get into difficult programs. Good for them. Those students would have qualified without AA.

We are talking about blacks with 3.3 GPAs, and similarly slightly above average test scores, being accepted while white kids with 3.7 GPAs and excellent test scores are rejected. The data showing that has been reported earlier in this thread.

Time to put a stop to race-based double standards. High-achieving blacks who "out-compete" whites will still get into top programs, and lower-achieving blacks will go to the state college, where they qualify. Same as whites.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:32 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Ah yes, another angry, rant thread about non-whites by a far-right conservative.

"How DARE those black children be given ANY kind of advantage or helping hand! I'm so angry!"

Old 10-25-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is the problem with people like you......every action creates a reaction....FACT. Negative REACTIONS, that manifest onto the black culture and economics, born from historical racism ACTIONS, from white society, is called "poor choices" by people like you. You drop a bolder on my foot......I scream out in pain.....you call my screaming out "a poor choice and a victim mentality". What people like you are good at doing is taking the REACTIONS/CONSEQUENCES/SYMPTOMS or racism upon blacks.....and use that as the justification for what blacks problems are.

All your post on this topic are painting whites as VICTIMS of AA. So it works both ways.
Of course whitrs are being victimized by preferential treatment given to blacks. You don't fight racism by introducing new racism. That seems to be exactly why you, seething with resentment, want to do: let's make whitey pay for what someone else did to blacks.

Blacks need to go to college wherever their qualifications will take them, regardless of race. If that's Harvard, great. If that's State U, fine. If they're not "college material," just like many whites aren't, they can go to a vocational training program after high school.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ah yes, another angry, rant thread about non-whites by a far-right conservative.

"How DARE those black children be given ANY kind of advantage or helping hand! I'm so angry!"
Really, eh? People get so annoyed when they think their kids might miss out on important opportunities due to deliberate and systematic unfairness. Whatcha gonna do?

Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And again, we are not talking about high-achieving black students who get into difficult programs. Good for them. Those students would have qualified without AA.

We are talking about blacks with 3.3 GPAs, and similarly slightly above average test scores, being accepted while white kids with 3.7 GPAs and excellent test scores are rejected. The data showing that has been reported earlier in this thread.

Time to put a stop to race-based double standards. High-achieving blacks who "out-compete" whites will still get into top programs, and lower-achieving blacks will go to the state college, where they qualify. Same as whites.
The OP’s so-called claims were refuted in this thread. Basically no one was admitted with the low scores he claimed.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

And another leftist jumps into the fray to defend racist policies - as long as they hurt whites.

"How DARE the poor white kid who studied to midnight to get a 3.8 - and was rejected from the college he warned - be angry that a black kid from a middle class family got in with only a 3.2! He should be willing to limit his career opportunities, even though he started with NOTHING, because a black kid with worse grades grades is more deserving."

You liberals are really wearing out the race card. Skin-based AA, which you support, is unfair and racist, and high-achieving black kids are able to get into top colleges in their own. A white person who points that out is not racist.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
That's not the rationale for being opposed to AA. It's a response to Victim Servant, who said we should keep giving preferential treatment to blacks until they are " equal" to whites. (He never said how we measure that, but I'm guessing net income or net worth.) You can't do that while ignoring the factors that black themselves contribute to inequality.

IOW, blacks will never have "equality" with whites when they have 3x the illegitimacy rate. It is a prime cause of poverty, low educational attainment, and crime. Not one single black person has acknowledged that yes, blacks have some role in their own lack of equality.

All I see here is that blacks are desperate to keep skin-based AA, and the unfair advantage they get with it.
That is a BS theory. The rate of OOWB for whites has risen 600% since 1960, to a rate of about 30% today. Scientific proof and theory centers or reproducible results. If I say I have a cure for the common cold and say that it is what cured my cold.......you should be able to reproduce the results by following what I did. Right? If OOWB cause so much of the problems in the black community.....then why has not a 600% rise in OOWB among the white population resulted in a rise of similar problems in the white community? Where is the big rise in the white poverty rate? Where is the big rise in the white crime rate? Where is the bid fall off in white educational attainment? Where? Where? Where??? Why does not OOWB REPRODUCE in the white population what it is blamed on producing in the black population? Ergo, why doesn't my cure for the cold work for you?

Old 10-25-2019, 06:45 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Of course whitrs are being victimized by preferential treatment given to blacks. You don't fight racism by introducing new racism. That seems to be exactly why you, seething with resentment, want to do: let's make whitey pay for what someone else did to blacks.

Blacks need to go to college wherever their qualifications will take them, regardless of race. If that's Harvard, great. If that's State U, fine. If they're not "college material," just like many whites aren't, they can go to a vocational training program after high school.
Its not racism. I don't advocate AA based upon RACE. I advocate AA based upon those who are descendants of enslaved Americans. So its not racism because it has nothing to do with race......other than the race Americans chose to enslave.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The OP’s so-called claims were refuted in this thread. Basically no one was admitted with the low scores he claimed.
FALSE. The chart showing how much lower the grades/scores of blacks accepted into med school are compared to whites was not refuted.

I can't get over how you racists keep insisting that we should continue to apply lower admissions standards (grades and scores) to blacks, and then insist that blacks who are accepted to programs don't have lower grades and scores! That is exactly what AA is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies