Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 05:57 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, it's literally just facts that are easily verified. Call them an inconvenient truth.
FirebirdCamaro only likes his own facts.......you can see that from reading almost any of his musings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 06:47 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
You just hit the nail right on the head. Most Trumpers tend to be fairly silent and won't show their hands until election night so just like last election, it's not easy to get a beat on how they will vote. But what I can tell you is they hear these crazy ideas being thrown out by the far left (like the Squad) and it scares the you know what out of them. So much so, there is no way they won't vote for status quo. Trump may not be the most popular President but many will vote for the lesser of two evils and it's those voters that you need to watch out for if you are hoping and praying for a Trump defeat.
This is spot on.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:01 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
The first? People have been saying this for a long time.

But some other factors:
-The economy is shaky, with a recession forecast.
-Trump has unusually high disapproval rates.
-More and more damning evidence keeps surfacing.
-Last time around 2,000,000 more people voted Democrat, and that will only increase.

So I'm wary about predictions.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Not just possible highly probable

Old 11-04-2019, 07:10 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
I think it is very likely Trump will get reelected because of the EC again. I do not see his appeal extending beyond his base however so I don't think he would get reelected by increasing his popularity overall; it would be a victory similar to the one in 2016.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Sure. I'm a independent and feeling politically divided between two parties. Basically the Democrats appear to be adopting a far left agenda that they won't be able to sell to middle America, even when they try to swing to the middle following the convention. Plus DT has the advantage of incumbency, which you can not underestimate. Democrats need to particularly focus on winning back the vote from the Great Lakes states, but it feels like they've abandoned that industrial region.
+1. The debates were frustrating to watch, because most of the candidates appeared to be in a contest for who can out-left whom. The fact is, they lost sight of who they need to convince. Hint: it ain't the Dems; we're going to vote blue either way.

Appealing to the left and trying to avoid the wrath of AOC is a surefire way to alienate Indies and the Repubs who don't like Trump. You know, the ones who have had enough... excitement for one term, but also can't stand the idea of paying back someone else's student loans, AFTER paying back their own loans and saving for their children's education.

You want a winning candidate? Think calm. Think bland. Think vanilla. The bar has already been set so low that all you need to do is not scare the beejeezus out of people with talk of overhauling anything.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 11-04-2019 at 07:59 PM..

Old 11-04-2019, 08:18 PM

10,053 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
You just hit the nail right on the head. Most Trumpers tend to be fairly silent and won't show their hands until election night so just like last election, it's not easy to get a beat on how they will vote. But what I can tell you is they hear these crazy ideas being thrown out by the far left (like the Squad) and it scares the you know what out of them. So much so, there is no way they won't vote for status quo. Trump may not be the most popular President but many will vote for the lesser of two evils and it's those voters that you need to watch out for if you are hoping and praying for a Trump defeat.
This is spot-on.

The Squad may have some good progressive ideas (some), but forcing those on mainstream America scares most.

It's all about the lesser of 2 evils. If Warren is the Dem nominee and won, the economy would sink shortly after her election, so, no....

Old 11-04-2019, 08:31 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.

I'm not surprised by such a prospect, and this isn't the first time this poster has heard it. Far from it. People were tired of the atrocities associated with the Obama administration and did not want more of the same coming from Hillary Rotten Clinton. Tired of weak Republicans, here came a civilian down an escalator in 2015. It's called taking a stand. It has taken Donald Trump to step in and do what many politicians haven't had the balls to do (and, in many cases, failed to do altogether).

Look, you are nowhere near the only person in America who believes that President Trump will be re-elected.

I'm also not a Democrat, but that's not important now. Trump is in it to be a two-term President, and the lowlife Democrats are basically handing it to him. If the opposition were as ticked as they were after the 2016 election results, then you could only imagine their reaction after America soundly rejects them even louder than before.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
FirebirdCamaro only likes his own facts.......you can see that from reading almost any of his musings....
Wrong, trying to find a correlation between which party holds a majority in Congress and the performance of the economy is the definition of fishing

Old 11-04-2019, 09:20 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Yeah I can see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies