Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 09:21 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Of course it is possible, nothing is guaranteed and polls do not give a good indication of Electoral College outcomes, just the popular vote which doesn't count. You never count your chickens before they hatch.
Exactly. Question is - has Trump improved his standing with the voters in the swing states? That's going to be the key here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, it's literally just facts that are easily verified. Call them an inconvenient truth.
No, it's not facts. It's biased political spin in search of a connection that isn't actually there

Old 11-04-2019, 10:42 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Can you expand a little on what you think they are screwing up (e.g, running too far to the left, etc.)? Also, just curious if you are an independent, Republican, libertarian, etc?

Sure. I'm a independent and feeling politically divided between two parties. Basically the Democrats appear to be adopting a far left agenda that they won't be able to sell to middle America, even when they try to swing to the middle following the convention. Plus DT has the advantage of incumbency, which you can not underestimate. Democrats need to particularly focus on winning back the vote from the Great Lakes states, but it feels like they've abandoned that industrial region.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Bwahahahahahahaha........I want some of what you're smokin , Bruh...
Could you be more specific please? Bruh?

Old 11-04-2019, 11:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Come here to NJ where NJ Democrats are making me pay 20 cents more tax per gallon of gas and then tell me how bad your 3 cents extra is. BTW, they are thinking about raising that again!

And you can't pump your own gas .

When I'm visiting, that drives me crazy.

Sometimes I'll notice a Wawa where the nearest pump jockey in his enclosure isn't paying attention and I'll go to the pump farthest away from him and start pumping....and sometimes I've waited until I'm going to go to the Palisades Mall and just get gas over the state line in Nyack.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:17 AM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
Well I'm also a Catholic Democrat and lower middle class - but I'll be voting Trump because I loved the tax refund your stats say only went to the rich. And thank goodness because I had that deductible and OOP for that wonderful insurance plan I was blessed with from Obama - if not for that tax refund - we wouldn't have been able to pay the bills.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:19 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I know plenty of 21 year olds who would choose the golf cart as apposed to walking and goof on the idiots who were walking that distance as they passed them by.

Are they all obese ?

If not....they're still lazy. Nothing to be proud of.

And sometimes people wonder why there are threads about branches of the military lamenting about the overall fitness level of young potential recruits .

Old 11-04-2019, 11:49 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Sure. I'm a independent and feeling politically divided between two parties. Basically the Democrats appear to be adopting a far left agenda that they won't be able to sell to middle America, even when they try to swing to the middle following the convention. Plus DT has the advantage of incumbency, which you can not underestimate. Democrats need to particularly focus on winning back the vote from the Great Lakes states, but it feels like they've abandoned that industrial region.

You just hit the nail right on the head. Most Trumpers tend to be fairly silent and won't show their hands until election night so just like last election, it's not easy to get a beat on how they will vote. But what I can tell you is they hear these crazy ideas being thrown out by the far left (like the Squad) and it scares the you know what out of them. So much so, there is no way they won't vote for status quo. Trump may not be the most popular President but many will vote for the lesser of two evils and it's those voters that you need to watch out for if you are hoping and praying for a Trump defeat.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:55 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
You just hit the nail right on the head. Most Trumpers tend to be fairly silent and won't show their hands until election night so just like last election, it's not easy to get a beat on how they will vote. But what I can tell you is they hear these crazy ideas being thrown out by the far left (like the Squad) and it scares the you know what out of them. So much so, there is no way they won't vote for status quo. Trump may not be the most popular President but many will vote for the lesser of two evils and it's those voters that you need to watch out for if you are hoping and praying for a Trump defeat.
Sadly, I agree with you.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:58 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think the Democrats need to particularly focus on how Tariffs are damaging the economy, and how they will do better there. For example, the complete failure of Trump to successfully defend the coal and steel industries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...el-5-5-billion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies