Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 07:06 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

More than possible with the Dems current woke brigade.

You can expect 9999999999 copies of the "Raise your hand if you think illegals should get free health insurance" picture to be published by the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 07:09 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Your agenda is showing.
so is yours when your status is complaining on the DNC.. your point?

Old 11-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
More than possible with the Dems current woke brigade.

You can expect 9999999999 copies of the "Raise your hand if you think illegals should get free health insurance" picture to be published by the GOP.
I don't get it as illegals get free healthcare already, and I don't see tRumps re-election campaign running on repealing EMTALA....

Old 11-04-2019, 07:17 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I would say that is a problem for both sides. Trump got it through being a businessman, a racist that wanted to enforce boarder policies that "Obama wasn't enforcing" (Obama actually beat Trump in some months for deportation) and someone to hold up Christian values (but just when did Christianity forget infidelity and coveting were sins, I don't remember...) It is like Trump scrolled City Data for political ideology thinking that there would be enough. He found 30% and added another about 18 through the Republican base itself. In actuality, Trump is not charismatic, he was better than Hillary but he blatantly lies and that made him no better than Hillary.

The Democrats have that charismatic speaker. Joe Kennedy whom have the 2018 Democratic response to the SOTU. I just think gatekeepers think he is too young. Beto is not bad at all, but he was swimming in a tough field and now is a two-time loser. Biden was looked at as an Obama but he isn't and there is a reason.his fundraising dried up before the Ukraine investigation came out...
I don't disagree completely other than the charges of racism that are pretty ridiculous. I mean, there's several reasons I'd never vote for Trump, I've always considered him a fraud....but shockingly enough, he's done a fairly decent job thus far. Obviously given that he was a life long Democrat he's a ridiculous spender, but his time in office hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as I was expecting.

I think Hillary was the only person in the world awful enough to put Trump in the White House, but now that he's there and things have gone fairly well for the country, it would take a legitimately good candidate to unseat him and the Democrats simply don't have anyone like that. Maybe one day Joe Kennedy will be that person, but IMO chapstick isn't ready for prime time just yet given that all most people remember about him is that he looked like he was drooling all over himself.

Beto did a decent impression of a charismatic politician, but he was total cringe and his policies were just about the worst most authoritarian nonsense I've heard in quite a while. His political career is over, and IMO that's a very good thing.

If Democrats had even a halfway decent candidate running, this race would already be over. They'd never push garbage like Warren, Biden, or Sanders if they had a serious candidate in the race. Since they are running with D list candidates, I just don't see Trump losing.....and neither do Democrats, which is why they are going all out with the impeachment stuff. They know they can't actually win, so the hail Mary coup attempt is their best chance. If they thought there was a way to win legitimately, that's what they'd be putting their time and energy into.

Perhaps after another 5 years of Trump, they'll find a proper candidate to take the White House back in 2024, but that's probably too late for RBG.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:18 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
"They," I guess you mean the democratic people running for president. They are not clowns. They are concerned citizens of our great nation, and want to get us out of this undeserved quagmire we are in at this moment in history.

Speaking of clowns, trump needs his own clown car; so that all the clowns can come bouncing out with all of their tricks and lies. The republicans in congress and the senate sure look nuts backing a man that has such low morals, etc. etc. !!!

MAGA!!! Resign, trump!!!
If can't make it today in this economy you can't make it period. Fact.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I don't get it as illegals get free healthcare already, and I don't see tRumps re-election campaign running on repealing EMTALA....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSmoNOZJ9Y

This does NOT play well to many people.

Joe Sixpack is barely making it and the Dem woke brigade does this and argue that boys who think they are girls should change for gym with Joe Sixpack's daughter.

Im surprised the Dems have forgotten Its the economy stupid

1990 Its the economy stupid
2020 Its the stupid stupid

Old 11-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSmoNOZJ9Y

This does NOT play well to many people.

Joe Sixpack is barely making it and the Dem woke brigade does this and argue that boys who think they are girls should change for gym with Joe Sixpack's daughter.

Im surprised the Dems have forgotten Its the economy stupid

1990 Its the economy stupid
2020 Its the stupid stupid
Again, unless EMTALA is repealed and hospitals can turn away non paying patients and patient dump again, they already get free healthcare now! Hospitals are required by law to treat them, and illegals just never pay their bill and get the **** credit rating, but illegals aren't getting car loans or mortgages anyways

Old 11-04-2019, 07:25 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's not free so ya, you don't get it. I suggest we post up an ICE agent in emergency rooms and you'd see how much of that "free" health care is bogus and unnecessary.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's not free so ya, you don't get it. I suggest we post up an ICE agent in emergency rooms and you'd see how much of that "free" health care is bogus and unnecessary.
It is free (to them), because hospitals since 1986 have to treat people regardless of ability to pay, and illegals just don't pay their bill (along with a lot of legal citizens who don't have the means)

Old 11-04-2019, 07:44 AM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The election is one year away.

"...Nearly two-thirds of Americans say they are not better off financially than they were when Donald Trump was elected, casting doubt on whether economic expansion and a record bull market will boost the president’s re-election campaign in 2020..."

https://www.ft.com/content/ce7e9f7c-...4-36acbbb0d9b6

If the masses objectively saw their personal financial health as a primary determining factor at the ballot box, nobody in their right mind would vote Democrat in 2020. That doesn't make the Republican party a great party by any stretch of the imagination, but it does serve as a reminder that even if you believe them to be bad, your goal should not be to replace bad with worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies