Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 02:36 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,984,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's just conjecture since they were in fact in compliance with the agreement, not one country or the international commission has indicated otherwise. So is Trump going to get the 5 countries and Iran back together and put together permanent deal and get it passed through congress. He tore up the deal without having a plan other than more sanctions, he never put much thought into what may happen if sanctions don't work.

So what's his master plan.
His "master plan" was discussed in post #67.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 03:44 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Call me obtuse but so what if they get nukes??? They for sure don't have a delivery system....The minute the touch off a test weapon the Jews will retaliate with one of their own. We don't need their oil....convince me different....

3---2----1---you're obtuse

Old 11-11-2019, 04:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Bill Gates is too stupid to develop anything.

Bill Gates did not create MSDOS, he bought it.

Bill Gates did not create Windows, he bought it.

There's actually better reactor technology in development.

One such reactor is specifically designed to use nuclear waste.

The US would not need to create reactor fuel. It would just have to pull the nuclear waste out of storage that tax-payer money is needlessly wasted on storing and guarding to fuel the reactors, and her design would allow four such reactors to power the US for four centuries.

You don't even know what enrichment means. It's just a word you saw on the internet.

Iran has dual-reactors at Bushwehr. It needs to enrich Uranium to fuel those reactors.

One reactor will be used solely to power a series of desalinization plants along the Persian Gulf, since desalination plants are energy intensive.

That water will be transported to the Iranian Plateau -- a Garden of Eden during Glacial Periods, but a desolate wasteland in Inter-Glacial Periods. It will allow Iran to grow a tremendous amount of food, creating jobs to reduce Iran's perennial 20% UE Rate and allow Iran to be a net-exporter of food, and the whole world benefits from that.

The other reactor will provide commercial and residential electric power, allowing Iran to shut down its natural gas and diesel oil electric power generation plants. That will divert more oil to the global market and more oil for use as petro-chemicals, creating more jobs and reducing oil prices, while also allowing for growth in areas that have limited electric supply.

It's a win-win for everyone.

A large stable Middle Class in Iran is the best way to move the country toward democracy.

Contrary to your pedantic musings, there's no such thing as "mastering enrichment."

One either has the technology to enrich Uranium or one does not.

It's sort of like vacuuming carpet. You either have a vacuum cleaner or you don't.

And so what if Iran is enriching Uranium?

There's a very valid scientific reason why the US and Russia never used U-235 as a fission-trigger for a fission-fusion weapon.

Without Pu-239, you cannot have a fission-trigger for a fission-fusion weapon, which means Iran could never create a warhead bigger than 60 kt.

Even if Iran created a 60 kt warhead, all they can do is stand around and marvel at it, because they have no way to deliver it.

Iranian F-4s and Su-24s could carry a 20 kt gravity bomb, but not very far. It would crash and burn just outside Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
More blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I notice you responded to part of my post but once again refused to address that marked here in RED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
DUH!

And intelligent people understand that you don't develop nuclear weapons UNTIL you master enrichment. So why do you think they're moving forward with their enhanced enrichment?

As for the rest of your bloviating - blah, blah, blah. I find it hard to take ANYTHING you post seriously after you went on and on a few weeks back about how the low Labor Force Participation Rate under Trump says nothing about the health of the economy AFTER you going on and on about how the low Labor Force Participation Rate under Obama was a sign of a poor economy. Seems pretty obvious there's not a lot of logic or integrity to you arguments so why should I take any of your arguments seriously. You just argue the EXACT OPPOSITE of your previous argument when it suits you.

Do I need to re-post those 2 absolutely opposite posts of yours AGAIN to refresh your memory?

Ken
As I said, why should I - or anyone for that matter - take ANYTHING you post seriously after you went on and on a few weeks back about how the low Labor Force Participation Rate under Trump says nothing about the health of the economy AFTER you went on and on about how the low Labor Force Participation Rate under Obama was a sign of a poor economy. Seems pretty obvious there's not a lot of logic or integrity to you arguments so why should I take any of your arguments seriously? You just argue the EXACT OPPOSITE of your previous argument when it suits you. That pretty much makes you the definition of a troll.

Ken

Old 11-11-2019, 04:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Call me obtuse but so what if they get nukes??? They for sure don't have a delivery system....The minute the touch off a test weapon the Jews will retaliate with one of their own. We don't need their oil....convince me different....

3---2----1---you're obtuse
Ok, so WHY is the Great Pumpkin, restoring sanctions on Iran?
Because he's an idiot.

Ken

Old 11-13-2019, 08:34 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They would first be required to inform Iran of their suspicions and then a lengthy process that could take months which *may* get them access.
So you are saying the Iran Nuclear Deal was worthless and stopped nothing, and instead we are better off with no Iran Nuclear deal?

From my previous post,

The Iran nuclear deal was crafted by the United Kingdom, Russia, France, China, Germany, the European Union, and the United States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...deal_framework

The nuclear deal required Iran "to provide the International Atomic Energy Agency access to all of its declared facilities", including "enrichment facilities, the supply chain that supports the nuclear program and uranium mines as well as continuous surveillance at uranium mills, centrifuge rotors and bellows production and storage facilities."

The nuclear deal also required Iran "to grant access to the IAEA to investigate suspicious sites or allegations of a covert enrichment facility, conversion facility, centrifuge production facility, or yellowcake production facility anywhere in the country."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...d_transparency

Do you honestly believe countries like Iran should be able to research and manufacture nuclear weapons without any form of deal framework, treaty, inspections, or regulations?

Last edited by chad3; 11-13-2019 at 09:06 AM..

Old 11-13-2019, 02:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Call me obtuse but so what if they get nukes??? They for sure don't have a delivery system....The minute the touch off a test weapon the Jews will retaliate with one of their own.
First, there is no need to test a single or double-gun design. No country ever has, save Pakistan, and the only reason Pakistan did was not to test the weapon, but to let the rest of the world know they have them.

Second, Israel is not going to do anything.

Quote:
We don't need their oil....convince me different....
We need their oil only in the sense of the oil being available on the global market.

We would like to import Iranian oil, but we don't need to do that, but if Iranian oil is taken off the market, then oil prices rise.

Quote:
And intelligent people understand that you don't develop nuclear weapons UNTIL you master enrichment. So why do you think they're moving forward with their enhanced enrichment?
There is no "mastering enrichment."

I'll bet it took you 20 years to master how to boil water.

The Iranians -- like many countries -- use a gas centrifuge.

You load the material into a centrifuge, the centrifuge spins around and the centrifugal force causes the heavier U-238 to separate from the lighter U-235.

See how that works? There's no mastering to it.

I suppose you would try to master watching the centrifuge spin around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Obviously I don't like the end goal you have planned, I think Iran is becoming a better place thanks to the sanctions, if the people just learned to accept a lower standard of living. Democracy is not what they need.

No, democracy is what they need and they need a stable Middle Class for democracy.

The US doesn't invade countries that have a large stable Middle Class.

The US doesn't want a Middle Class in Iran, because the US won't be able to manipulate a Middle Class in Iran.

It would probably help to understand why the US need to invade Iran in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Iran can put satellites in orbit. If Iran so desired, they could put a warhead into any US city you care to name. I rather doubt they'll be able to build warhead small and light enough as of yet, but - they're not dumb.
I don't believe Iran has the technology to put GPS satellites in orbit.

The only other way is star maps, which is what the US and Russia use.

The bus looks at the stars. It has a data-bank of stars and their coordinate relationship to points on Earth. The software can distinguish which stars are which and based on the coordinate relationship between the bus and the stars, know where it is above Earth.

The reason for using stars is because both Russia and the US assume satellites would be non-operational. Both have anti-satellite missiles and excepting a first-strike, both would start taking out satellites as a conflict escalated.

They could always use gyroscopes, but they'd miss big.

Quote:
Sounds like a fascinating piece of technology, and also it won't work to stop proliferation.
Integral Fast Reactors reduce the chance of proliferation, except Clinton cut funding for it.

Quote:
Running a nuclear reactor by definition means generating an intense neutron field. Jab a chunk of U-238 into said field and presto, you'll be generating Pu-239 by neutron capture. And Pu-239 is where it's at when it comes to nuclear warheads, the uranium route is so 1940s.

But that's the whole point.

If Iran is enriching to 15%-20% HEU then they are running a reactor. If it's 5%-10% then they're not so much running a reactor as trying to produce Pu-239.

The problem is Iran has no way of separating the Pu-239 from the spent fuel.

None of that matters since there's never been any evidence Iran is use LEU.

North Korea obviously does. There are several different ways to know how long North Korea ran their reactors, so we know how much Pu-239 they could have produced.

Best estimate is 60 kg, but that's what was produced in theory, not what was separated.

Gas diffusion is the most efficient method, but no method is 100% efficient.

Quote:
More blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I notice you responded to part of my post but once again refused to address that marked here in RED.
As usual, you fail to understand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Social Welfare Revenues = Tax Rate * LFPR * Average Wages

If the Tax Rate remains the same, but the LFPR declines, or Average Wages stagnate or decline or both, then you get less revenues.

I never said anything about economic health. I simply said it results in less revenues.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Iran will clearly get nukes a lot faster now due to the orange lunatic's incompetence and terrible decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies