Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There you go again misconstruing the evidence and blaming the victim of interracial violence. The article doesn't verify that accusation. An employee only claimed that. You automatically believe employees who acted like they did? They are likely lying. The article also mentions it's alleged the employees were hostile to Staggs from when she arrived and called her an "ugly ass cracker". You didn't mention that. That does sound like the vernacular these hostile and violent employees would use and not one that a 55 year old white woman would just concoct.
Not at all.

I believe ALL OF IT because customers and employees are acting like psychos right now. No need to mention what the employees. It’s clear they did everything they are accused of doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 01:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not at all.

I believe ALL OF IT because customers and employees are acting like psychos right now. No need to mention what the employees. It’s clear they did everything they are accused of doing.
You are still trying to draw an equivalency when there is none. Where are the videos of young white male customers physically attacking and injuring elder and female black employees? That would be national news and outrage if and when they exist.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
of course. but that won't stop the apologists for this violent thug behavior.

vague and specious claims of 'racism' on the part of the victim are always seen by some as more than sufficient justification for whatever violence the thug wishes to inflict.
Yeah and the victims are even blamed for not walking on egg shells enough and retreating fast enough.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:27 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
As a lifelong American I can tell you that without a doubt I have no idea.

Another chapter in the Dumbing of America book. People worried about the wrong things. Stay away from fast food joints fried foods.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:31 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's still got to be in bad areas.

I've never seen anything like that. When I have been on the road at all hours stopping for fast food I never saw that. I have noted a drastic drop in service and food quality however through the years. It was a rite of passage for kids in my high school to work fast food and it is night and day from then to now. We had the cute little uniforms and had to smile all the time. We had to keep the place spotless. If we ever talked back to a customer we'd be gone right then.
Those bad areas tend to be where those incidents take place.

Times have changed. Most people don't want to work in fast food. I don't want to work in fast food. Alot of people who get into it aren't doing so as some teenage right of passage. Many people go into it because it's the only work they can get.

One place that bucks the trend is Chick Fil A. The process is different. They close on Sundays, and its customer base respects that. Alot of people who work for Chick Fil A get recruited from churches. This likely plays a role in the quality I see from Chick Fil A. The difference in service from a predominantly Black Chick-Fil-A vs a predominantly White Chick-Fil-A, not much difference. Friendly service, and everything is done to a higher level of quality.

McDonalds, on the other hand, attracts many people who are working there because they're basically broken down. Consider Rayon McIntosh, who got in a fight with two women who were assauting him at his job. He was working there because he had just gotten out of prison, and couldn't find any decent work. For him, and many people who come out of prison, McDonald's is usually one of the few places that will hire them. The surly attitudes, the less than decent service, this has alot to do with the fact that many people don't want to work there in the first place. Many people look down on working in fast food, but find themselves working there because they can't do better.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
I thought everyone was wild about their “Christian chicken” sandwich. Shows how fickle the public is...

Old 11-12-2019, 08:57 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Do you have a link to the video showing she first called them n-word?

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. And maybe they called her an "ugly ass cracker". She did leave before being followed and physically assaulted. None of that is relevant to the violent, uncivilized behavior which is the issue.
Agree. The culture of being "dissed," and only knowing how to respond with uncivilized violence is sad and continues to perpetuate negative stereotypes. And those same people involved in this incident would be up in arms if they were to be profiled as being violent

Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
I haven't gotten one but it looks like it has greasy, salty breading on the chicken which kills any more healthy it might have.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:36 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
stabber ID'd.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/deadly-p...-county-police

Old 11-13-2019, 12:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
On a side note- is Popeye's better than Bojangles? The couple of times I've had them I did not think they were. And Bojangles already has spicy chicken.
Reps to you! Heck, it doesn't even take Bojangles' - Zaxby's is better than Popeye's! Bojangles' beats 'em both.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies