Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 09:37 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Fights and fried chicken, like mom and apple pie I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmAh_F1b9U
They are all making good use of their Obama Phones. I love how the dude films the whole fight and then when the police arrive he starts filming the cops looking for anything he can find to make it controversial.

Highly doubt this video has anything to do with a chicken sandwich. It's just the usual suspects behaving badly. Doesn't matter if it's in a fast food joint, a classroom, or on the street. These people bring it and there is no shame involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Can Someone Please Explain Why Americans Are Losing Their Minds Over Popeyes New Chicken Sandwich "

A lot of PR swaying the public to think they just had to have one. Ignorant people near poor neighborhoods that also fight at McDonald's. I've never seen anything at Popeye's worth fighting over, Raisin' Cane is a different story (jk).
Popeyes is expanding in to Europe, and are about to open in Spain, whilst other chicken chains such as Chick Fil A, Slim Chickens, Jollibee etc have also opened outlets in Europe.

KFC are actually doing well in India and China, although the KFC menu and oulets will be very different to that in the US, as KFC like McDonalds adapts it's products to compete in other parts of the world.

The best European KFC outlets is probably Poland or the Czech Republic where KFC is very different to the US version.

In Japan, the eat KFC at Chrismas time and patiently queue for hours to buy KFC.

Apparently it goes back to some KFC marketing campaign at Christmas many years ago and has since become a Jaopanese tradition for millions of people.

Why Japan celebrates Christmas with KFC - BBC Worklife

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-09-2019 at 10:26 AM..

Old 11-09-2019, 09:53 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Who the hell knows. I've been asking that question on social media for days now. Daily Mail had an article about all of the insanely long lines, the fist fights, the tantrums, etc. Some guy even pushed his dead car through the long line that wound out into the street to get through the drive thru...and I'm sitting here thinking: "It's a fast food chicken sandwich. Really, people?"

I just know that Popeye's is about the worst place to go right now if you value your life or sanity.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:00 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
We just got a Popeye's about a year ago and I will never eat there again. Twice was enough because the food is disgusting. Wish we could get a Chick-fil-A.

As to the video, those people are crazy. And stabbing over cutting in line? WTF is wrong with people?

Old 11-09-2019, 10:03 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
I have to say these stories of people going cray-cray at Popeyes does not actually make me want to go to Popeyes. I actually have never been a fan of their chicken anyway, but there was a Popeyes that zi would stop at if I was in the area and needed to pick something up and eat in the car on my job. I got the shrimp back then. They weren't bad. I do like Chick-Fil-A sandwiches a lot

Old 11-09-2019, 10:06 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
I've seen some Popeyes Commercials and a few stores. Never ate at one. Don't really care to.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:09 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Poor people have very little to get excited about other than eating out and shopping at Walmart. There are no cruises, vacations to the mountains, oceans, or trips trips to Six Flags or Disney Land. Its Popeye's and Walmart once or twice a week and you bet not mess with them and ruin the high light of their week.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:12 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
My empathy stops at criminal acts.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:51 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It is called the "culture of pride". Among individuals who have little in the form of assets or accomplishments, the only "possession" they have is their pride and sense of "honor". While those who have actual assets and accomplishments would not consider a conflict over something trivial, those with nothing consider such conflicts to be a reflection of the only thing they have- their pride and sense of "honor".

This explanation has been studied as the rationale for feuds among early American rival families. Such groups have very little, if anything, in the form of actual wealth, and thus minor affronts are taken to extremes. One sees the identical behavior among the urban poor today, who will kill one another over an "affront" that would seem trivial to anyone else.

Additionally, one sees this among children, who have very little in the form of their own personal assets or accomplishments. Fights and conflicts break out over what adults would consider to be very minor differences.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:59 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Lemming culture. Haven't had one but it's the same with In-n-Out. In-n-Out might be a bit better but people will line up in 20 minute lines for it when they're right next door to a Five Guys Umami BurgerFi or what have you. You could just go there, order, sit down in a nice environment without the frenzy, enjoy your burger, go to a clean restroom and wash your hands, sit and chat for a few minutes, and get back in the car. Or you could still be in the drive through line that's backed around the building, through the parking lot, and blocking traffic on the street.

As to the fights, that's just the demographic of Popeyes. I don't think there's rampages at In-n-Out. I just rarely go because if I'm going to wait 20 minutes I'll just go to a restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies