Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:18 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times

Advertisements

It is only voluntary. You just tell them no. Walmart admitted that they average a 9% loss on self checkouts. A court in my state, Missouri, said that they cannot force you to stop. I never stop. I only had a problem once. I told the man to get out of my way or he would be arrested. He moved.

I worked there part time several years ago. They tell the employees that it is totally voluntary.

Just like the "no carry" suggestion. Just another stupid idea that they can't enforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 11:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Why do you folks shop at Walmart if you don't like it so much?

I have never had the issues that you all have but I don't shop Saturdays, etc.....I can shop during the day.

The self-checkout always has at least one register open.

I'm not a huge Walmart shopper and not an anti-Walmart shopper. I've waited longer in lines at Macys then I ever have at any Walmart I've shopped at. I don't go there for customer service, personal shopping assistance. It's not a 'shopping experience' kind of event...more get what I need and be done.

But if I had the problems you all do at Walmart .....I would be asking myself 'why do I keep going ack?"

Old 11-13-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’ll have to forgive me if I do not find a three-second bag check to be a violation of my rights. I save my outrage for really important things that actually matter.
After I stand in line for 10-15 minutes, even in self check, i am in no mood to stand in another line. I have seen the recheck line 10 people long.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why do you folks shop at Walmart if you don't like it so much?

I have never had the issues that you all have but I don't shop Saturdays, etc.....I can shop during the day.

The self-checkout always has at least one register open.

I'm not a huge Walmart shopper and not an anti-Walmart shopper. I've waited longer in lines at Macys then I ever have at any Walmart I've shopped at. I don't go there for customer service, personal shopping assistance. It's not a 'shopping experience' kind of event...more get what I need and be done.

But if I had the problems you all do at Walmart .....I would be asking myself 'why do I keep going ack?"
I live in a small town, Our only other grocery store has a limited inventory and it is 60 miles to the next town. Walmart has run most of the small stores out of business.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:24 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I live in a small town, Our only other grocery store has a limited inventory and it is 60 miles to the next town.
Thank the government for that.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
After I stand in line for 10-15 minutes, even in self check, i am in no mood to stand in another line. I have seen the recheck line 10 people long.
Do what others do then and just keep walking. I don’t mind a quick bag check myself, but I’m certainly not going to stand in a line for the privilege. lol. I’ve walked straight out the door before when it’s happened at Costco.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:30 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
They do that at Costco too, but they don't even ever actually look at the purchases, they just swipe the receipt with a marker and continue chatting with one another. No biggie.

And it's a private business anyway, just don't shop there if you don't like it. If there were actual cops doing that kind of thing everywhere, then that would be alarming.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:33 AM

Someone walked out of our Walmart around 2 am with $4500. worth of electronics. They waited until the door person went on break. They were so short on help, they had no one assigned to cover for her.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
I live in a small town, Our only other grocery store has a limited inventory and it is 60 miles to the next town. Walmart has run most of the small stores out of business.
So your Walmart experience may be because they are the only game in town. That is too bad.

I live in a community that has WAY too many grocery stores -- in a 10 minute car ride from me....I have three Harris Teeters, two Publix, a Green Wise, a Trader Joe's, a Whole Foods,, an Aldi, a Target and a Walmart. Add an extra 5- 10 minutes and traffic is good, you can add two more Publix, two more Harris Teeters, a Lowe's, a Costco and another Walmart -- I don't know how they survive.

That may explain why there is not the issue with lines. I usually can be in and out in any of those stores...except for when there is a hurricane scare.......lol.

I rarely get asked for my receipt leaving Walmart. Maybe once or twice in a few years.

I don't mind. I don't like to take a bag if I have one item and often walk out of a store with receipt in my hand to clearly show the unbagged item has been paid for......

Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
If you don't mind them looking at your own belongings in your bag, would you mind them checking your pockets and purse too? Would you mind them patting you down? At what point would you say no? Or wouldn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies