Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 07:11 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
...[*]The president and buddies were up to no good and yes, were probably inappropriate - but it is not enough to justify this impeachment. ...
Inappropriate? Really?

Bribery is specifically mentioned in the Constitution one of the reasons for impeachment.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:13 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I’m done watching live. It’s fun to see Schiff blink like caution light when he doesn’t like answer, makes me really want to play poker with him, but really it is just annoying. No one is going to change their mind, it is hysterical to see each side take the exact same quote and put a different spin on it.

The bottom line is:
  • Trump lacks finesse when he speaks so half of what he says comes off as insulting whether he means it or not. He is his own worse enemy.
  • Something needs to be done so that there can not be another Hunter Biden situation because that whole thing just reeks of corruption despite all the media claiming differently.
  • Some of these career folks, including the LTC, could use a refresher on who sets foreign policy.
  • LTC Vindman is the original gossiper to the “whistleblower” and everyone knows who he is, no matter how they are pretending they don’t.
  • The president and buddies were up to no good and yes, were probably inappropriate - but it is not enough to justify this impeachment.
  • Adam Schiff, some members of his staff, and the “whistleblower” were up to no good.
  • It sucks they are doing this 11 months before the election.
  • I was the only person I personally know who has been paying much attention and now even I am bored to death.
I agree with all of this. Well said.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:13 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Lt Col Vindman and his family are under 24-hour federal protection after Trump and his goons attacked him on Twitter today.

https://twitter.com/ADLWashCounsel/s...24229289218051
Really, now? But I'm sure Trump was justified in attacking a Lieutenant Colonel via Twitter because, well, he's Trump, and as long as he does it, it's OK. Right? Just like it was OK for him to attack Yovanovitch on Twitter. That's what Trump does. He's "unorthodox," so any behavior is acceptable. What say you, Trump supporters? It's OK, right? Lieutenant Col. Vindman deserved it, I'm sure. Or are you going with the "But Democrats did XYZ" excuse? Or are you just going to ignore my question entirely?

Old 11-19-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Lt Col Vindman and his family are under 24-hour federal protection after Trump and his goons attacked him on Twitter today.

How do Republicans support this?

How do they sleep at night?

Old 11-19-2019, 07:17 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,215 times
Quote:

I can't wait for the sea of tears after Gossip girl is stripped of his rank and command and finally demoted with a dishonorable discharge. An arrest and a lengthy prison sentence would be the cherry on top.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Really, now? But I'm sure Trump was justified in attacking a Lieutenant Colonel via Twitter because, well, he's Trump, and as long as he does it, it's OK. Right? Just like it was OK for him to attack Yovanovitch on Twitter. That's what Trump does. He's "unorthodox," so any behavior is acceptable. What say you, Trump supporters? It's OK, right? Lieutenant Col. Vindman deserved it, I'm sure. OR are you going with the "But Democrats did XYZ" excuse? Or are you just going to ignore my question entirely?
Looking forward to the Trump supporters answers.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I can't wait for the sea of tears after Gossip girl is stripped of his rank and command and finally demoted with a dishonorable discharge. An arrest and a lengthy prison sentence would be the cherry on top.
This is best response you can come up with?

Ask for better material.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:28 PM

25,578 posts, read 56,463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Really, now? But I'm sure Trump was justified in attacking a Lieutenant Colonel via Twitter because, well, he's Trump, and as long as he does it, it's OK. Right? Just like it was OK for him to attack Yovanovitch on Twitter. That's what Trump does. He's "unorthodox," so any behavior is acceptable. What say you, Trump supporters? It's OK, right? Lieutenant Col. Vindman deserved it, I'm sure. Or are you going with the "But Democrats did XYZ" excuse? Or are you just going to ignore my question entirely?
No, the answer is "Trump just doesn't know any better." Therefore, he's given a pass for everything, no matter how nefarious his motive. According to Trump supporters, he's not a "professional politician" so therefore his lack of ethics, even his lack of awareness there is such a thing, his lack of moral compass, his inability to distinguish right from wrong, his ability to lie nonstop, his nonstop bullying, name-calling, and character assassination - all of that is excusable and for which he has no culpability or accountability because "he just doesn't know any better."

In reality, what they are saying is Trump is unqualified and incompetent - and therefore, because, by his nature, he is unqualified and incompetent, he is not expected to comport himself with the dignity, integrity and professionalism befitting his office because he is ignorant of the meaning of those qualities.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-19-2019 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,063 times
You know the Republicans had a bad day when their best witness said Joe Biden is a good man who isn't corrupt in the slightest.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:34 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You know the Republicans had a bad day when their best witness said Joe Biden is a good man who isn't corrupt in the slightest.
Biden is going to stomp trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies