Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 09:54 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,689,731 times

Advertisements

Oh please. I work around mainstream Christians, I guess you'd say, and many are pretty tolerant, which surprised me. Actually I had a conversation about this very subject last week w/ someone and she reads the Bible and takes it literally, etc., but even she said it's not for her to judge anyone. Only God does. I wish more were like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 09:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,248,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
How can the Census Bureau determine which same sex people living together are homosexual couples and which are simply roommates living together to save on rent or some other practical reason?

I personally have known at least a half-dozen people who were absolutely heterosexual who temporarily lived with a person of the same sex for many months. Even if a residence has just one bedroom, many poor people end up with someone regularly using the sofa as a bed.

(However, granted, it does seem likely that two people are gay if they have been living together for at least a couple of years, and both people are over 25 or so.)
There is a box for roommate.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ent/p3/a414347

The question is on page 3 question 3.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,248,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Lifestyle of extinction...
Tell that to my kids or grandchildren.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:56 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Agree and the same goes for those running the census.
Notice how both Red and Blue haven't focused on that part of the story?

Authoritarians stick together.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:00 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,266,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Marriage is not a covenant before the sky friend of your choice. It is, at its heart, a business transaction. It is a contract to ensure passage of property, title and assets between generations, and to hopefully build that asset base and legitimize future heirs to those assets.
Marriage is a religious ceremony.

Civil unions are legal and thus perfectly acceptable. It is true that in a committed relationship, the ability to enjoy the same rights and benefits, regardless of the gender of your partner, as those who are married in a religious service must be upheld.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:01 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,395,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
You mean, your version of God? Your perversion and interpretation of what God is and what God thinks? Glad to see you're also a sinner with your excessive pride.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:03 AM

1,705 posts, read 540,461 times
MY GOD approves of Gay Marriage.. I dont care what your Christian God says. MY GOD has as much rights as YOUR GOD.

MY GOD says every sentient being over 18 can choose to marry whatever they want, as long as the other person or living thing is over 18 years and is sentient enough to give their legal consent. So no animals... and not nearest family.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:14 AM

45,293 posts, read 26,546,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
MY GOD approves of Gay Marriage.. I dont care what your Christian God says. MY GOD has as much rights as YOUR GOD.

MY GOD says every sentient being over 18 can choose to marry whatever they want, as long as the other person or living thing is over 18 years and is sentient enough to give their legal consent. So no animals... and not nearest family.
Who is your god, an elected official or bureaucrat?

Old 11-20-2019, 10:15 AM

21,926 posts, read 25,275,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
Nature is replete with examples of it though, so id go with a solid fake news on that one. It is a perversion of God. But God is just a human construct anyway. Who knows what man will do in the name of God. Heck the New, New Testament could encourage homosexuality in the same way the current one encourages overpopulation.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:21 AM

21,926 posts, read 25,275,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Marriage is a religious ceremony.

Civil unions are legal and thus perfectly acceptable. It is true that in a committed relationship, the ability to enjoy the same rights and benefits, regardless of the gender of your partner, as those who are married in a religious service must be upheld.
It's not. You can go down to the court house and have a marriage in front of a judge, nothing religious about it. There's the pagentry side which has at least religious roots although many people have marriages nowadays that are not religious with secular vows.

Civil unions are not legally the same as marriages. Maybe they should be but they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies