Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 06:54 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sure you believe that Trump wouldn't lie" What a STUPID question. Have YOU ever lied in your life?

" Did you listen to Sondlands testimony," Dis you see posts 664 and 701?
"Sure you believe that Trump wouldnt lie", is not a question, it's a statement.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:55 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
First of all the funds that were delayed couldn't be placed on contracts because of the delay. I don't think you are familiar with the government process, funds that are not obligated by the end of the fiscal year are lost. They need to go through the appropriation process again, they don't just appear. You are attempting to dismiss this as no harm, its not working. There was bipartisan fury over the withholding of funds back in June but now the GOP is attempting to paint a different picture.

Swallwell was asking questions from the wrong official but the blankets quote is a favorite of the right wing and ignores all the aid that was provided.
The holding back of the funds is exactly one of the reasons Trump was elected. Other funds have been held up. " not unusual" I believe is the quote.

My understanding is that the witness testified that there would not have to be a new Congressional approval. My understanding was that there was another mechanism, a work around. But I will do some more research on the matter, and if I am incorrect I will acknowledge it.

Who cares about " fury " ? There was a new Government installed. It is fully within the Powers of the President to make sure the taxpayer's dollars are going to a worthy cause. Many Americans have plenty of " fury " regarding Congressional spending.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies