Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2019, 05:29 AM

57,326 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but I didn't hear a slam dunk." take the cotton out of your eaes.
In cross examination Y ADMITTED it he "presumed" and later ADMITTED NO ONE told him there was a quid pro quo.

Y ASKED Trump DIRECTLY, and Trump said "I want NOTHING...."

I know after so many defeats after hillary lost another one is tough to handle but, as they say "put you BIG mans pants on....."!
Sure you believe that Trump wouldn't lie, facts indicate otherwise. Did you listen to Sondlands testimony, he indicated Pence and Pompeo were aware of the pressure being put on Zellensky to make an announcement of an investigation into the democrats.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:30 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but I didn't hear a slam dunk." take the cotton out of your eaes.
In cross examination Y ADMITTED it he "presumed" and later ADMITTED NO ONE told him there was a quid pro quo.

Y ASKED Trump DIRECTLY, and Trump said "I want NOTHING...."

I know after so many defeats after hillary lost another one is tough to handle but, as they say "put you BIG mans pants on....."!
Trump told all talk to Rudy, Rudy was doing what Trump wanted.

Either Rudy was following Trumps orders(like Michael Cohen did) or he went off on his own.

Problem with that is Rudy has stated he was working for Trump.

Trump is guilty of solicitation of a bribe.

Bribery is impeachable in Art. II Sec. 4

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sometimes I swear to God people are not paying attention to the investigation. If folks really think Trump is concerned with rooting out corruption anywhere, here, there, it doesn't matter, then we deserve the imbeciles we get in Washington. Trump oozes slime. He's the head reptile in the swamp
Joe, I think you make the mistake of assuming people have a center and a moral compass......first, and then you are making the mistake thinking that some people don't LIKE corruption and theft and bribery.

They know. That's not in question. They have simply bought so much propaganda with their tuning into Hate Radio and State TV that they actually support the Dictator no matter what. Many of them feel a corrupt dictator beats a progressive caring and smart person.

Really!

The only reason they are "debating" the issues here is to confuse and confound. ALL Republicans sitting on that committee and most elsewhere know that 70% of the American people have claims - that Trump did wrong. They also know, or suspect, that this isn't the only case of it.

But this is a benefit to them in some way.....for the pols it's a chance to get elected again, for the people it's a chance to hate other Americans.

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
We know the standard way of doling things. Repubs "badger" witness's" but dems treat them with kid gloves, aka JUDGE Kavanaugh.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:32 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
WRONG! Any delay of funding was prudent when dealing with a corrupt country in transition! Your "personal gain" claim is hollow!
No it is quite solid. Trump knew what he wanted.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:32 AM

996 posts, read 379,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump solicited a bribe.

If you heard Ms Cooper you would have learned that the Ukrainians knew the aid was being held up.

They were going through their Embassy.

Not wanting their President to be involved in the extortion (bribe).

Trump committed an impeachable offence. The proof is right in front of all our eyes.
Please stop.
She " knew" only that her staff received an Inquiry. If you were paying attention to her exact words, and Adam trying to get her to twist , bend and shape them to his wants and needs, you would have heard that .

They inquired. Exactly about what is not clear. who they inquired to is not clear.Who from the " Embassy " as we are told inquired, is not clear. Additionally, the fact that this alleged , because that is all it is, communication was reported to her by her staff AFTER she had given her closed door testimony is just a bit suspicious.

Your incorrect perception of this, as well as countless others who may also think along those lines are highly influenced by this Propaganda. Because that's all it is. And that's the danger here. That's the danger of Political " inquiries" outside of the Judicial System which can be dangerous. Yes, the Framers installed it for the process of Impeachment, but they also put in safeguards and guardrails to limit the damage.

The slick Democrats are using any method and all they can to try and paint a portrait that just doesn't exist. When I have used the phrase reasonable doubt, you don't even have to go that far. Right now, in real time, we are hearing reasonable explanations for the Democrats allegations on each and every detail. They are lying, leaving out details, stretching any facts that may exist into fantasy land .

Gordon's opening statement is the shining example. he left out the most important detail. An exact one on one quote by the President. But the Dems got the 15 minutes of traction they needed to run the news cycle all day. All day and into the night.

Unless the American people are paying close attention, looking into each and every detail with an open mind, they may be unable to wade through the Propaganda and arrive at the destination of truth.

It isn't easy. The Dems created this circus, it is painful to watch, part of the design to make the viewer bail out. The Dems just want to plant seeds then hand it off to the MSM water bearers to pound the drums.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:33 AM

57,326 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
WRONG! Any delay of funding was prudent when dealing with a corrupt country in transition! Your "personal gain" claim is hollow!
That's nonsense, according to Cooper's testimony yesterday there is a formal process within the pentagon for releasing military aid to other countries. The process was completed in the early spring well before the funding was frozen by the White House, but if you believe that statement then should also know the concessions by Ukraine for releasing the funds. Lets see the list.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I had to wait to get a haircut at the barbershop here in Baltimore this morning. It's run by a pair of Vietnamese sisters. CNN was on. I said, "Why is this nonsense on?" Everyone there, the two guys in the chair, the two waiting, and the two sisters agreed it was nonsense and we put on the weather channel.
"here in Baltimore", my condolences!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Bingo.

The fat orange turd thought he was being clever LOL!

https://twitter.com/mattklewis/statu...22187305967620
"The fat orange turd"

Then some wonder why we DON'T take the left serious and treat them like adults!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:40 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Think about the mental state of Trump who needs to write down in big capital letters (note) "I WANT NOTHING".....

That would seem a simple enough phrase to commit to memory.

Remember when Obama was BAD BAD BAD for using a teleprompter?
Honey , Trump fans remember nothing!
And if they do remember it does not count for Trump , he is special to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies