Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 09:42 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You're really impossible. You really don't see that this thread consists of black people blaming whites for their problems, rather than taking some responsibility for their actions? And my pointing that out is "attacking black voters"? Are we not allowed to even mention behavior prevalent among blacks that leads to their high poverty rate, lest that been seen as attacking black voters?

Blacks really do need to ramp down on that OOW birthrate. That alone would solve at least half their problems, probably more.
Who is blaming White people for Black problems, unless your consider not standing the GOP a Black problem? Regardless, that has nothing to do with why Backs should vote for the GOP. Let's say everything you think about Blacks voters is true... Obviously out of wedlock birth is not an issue we care about. There are obviously other things that we care about that guide our vote.

You guys make up the issues Black people should care about and then try to shame us for not buying it. You dismiss actual Black concerns and use your infantalized view of Black voters as your reasoning why it's or fault we don't vote for the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 09:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Who is blaming White people for Black problems, unless your consider not standing the GOP a Black problem? Regardless, that has nothing to do with why Backs should vote for the GOP. Let's say everything you think about Blacks voters is true... Obviously out of wedlock birth is not an issue we care about. There are obviously other things that we care about that guide our vote.

You guys make up the issues Black people should care about and then try to shame us for not buying it. You dismiss actual Black concerns and use your infantalized view of Black voters as your reasoning why it's or fault we don't vote for the GOP.
Well there's your problem right there. The MAIN reason blacks are in poverty, with all its related ills, and you don't care about it. If that's the case, you'll be stuck in poverty forever.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Nice liberal attempt to put me on the defensive (it's what you do when you can't argue the point) but you will notice I didn't go with the "handlers" part. Why focus on the negative that the poster said, instead of the very TRUE and valid two points he made (and that I repeated): that 1) all these hand-outs for the past 50 years haven't helped blacks move out of poverty since the poverty rate is basically the same, and 2) that as important as you'd like to think you are, it is primarily the INDEPENDENTS who decide elections.
You literally just wrote "What did the poster say that was so awful?"

I pointed out exactly what he said that was "so awful."

You can't say someone didn't say anything bad, and then go "I'm not talking about THAT bad thing they said." You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that as a legitimate issue bc now you'd have to realize just how prevalent that is in the GOP talking points.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
You literally just wrote "What did the poster say that was so awful?"

I pointed out exactly what he said that was "so awful."

You can't say someone didn't say anything bad, and then go "I'm not talking about THAT bad thing they said." You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that as a legitimate issue bc now you'd have to realize just how prevalent that is in the GOP talking points.
And just because someone says one bad thing doesn't mean the other things he said aren't true: 1) that Democrats' handouts out the last 50 years have not helped blacks escape poverty, and 2) that it is the independents, and not blacks, who largely decide the outcome of presidential elections.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
And just because someone says one bad thing doesn't mean the other things he said aren't true: 1) that Democrats' handouts out the last 50 years have not helped blacks escape poverty, and 2) that it is the independents, and not blacks, who largely decide the outcome of presidential elections.
For the sake of streamlining this, I'm not even going to disputing these false premises. If you want to think Black people are some beneficiary of the welfare state, so be it...

1) That's objectively false. Look at any measure of success or wealth from 1950s to today, and Black people have improved. So if you contention is that Black people are beneficiaries of the welfare state, then the welfare state has paid off for Black people.

2) That point is absolutely meaningless and still false. No one said that Black voters are the deciders of elections. That was one dumb posters decision to make that claim, then dispute it. Your own post early in this thread even disproves his point. Remember this:

Quote:
If one out of six blacks vote for Trump, he wins.
How are Black votes meaningless, but losing 1/6th of the them guarantees Trump wins?

Old 11-27-2019, 10:33 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Well there's your problem right there. The MAIN reason blacks are in poverty, with all its related ills, and you don't care about it. If that's the case, you'll be stuck in poverty forever.
And that should be enough reason for you to stop bringing them where they never belonged.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Dang, but you get sarcastic when you can't debate a point.

I am talking about the black people on this thread, blaming whitey for all their problems. Capiche?
Nope.

Which blacks on CD were blaming whites for their problems? Give up the names.

Ya can’t name me because I have few problems and I wouldn’t discuss em on CD anyway.

So who are these ungrateful blacks who aren’t satisfactorily genuflecting at your feet in servile gratitude?

Old 11-27-2019, 10:42 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
All this blabbering from Trump voters about nothing.

SEVEN PERCENT. Trump got 7% of the black vote.

Trump hates minorities except when they can be useful to him.
The only reason minorities exist is for their usefulness or claiming the lack of it, general entertainment purposes, and for complaining about their birth rates. That's about it. Once all minorites are replaced by the bots, all problems they create in the world will exist no longer, and the world will live in peace and harmony.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Says the Democrat who has done nothing for black people...
What do you want Democrats to do specifically for blacks? Gimme a list.

BTW...What did the government do for you?

Old 11-27-2019, 11:25 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Quote:
Another one so wrapped up on dismissing and marginalizing Black voters that you'd rather reduce them to infants than engage with them in a discussion.

Conservatives believe Blacks are on a plantation b/c they are, as a group too stupid to realize they perpetuate the thing the DRIVES Black voters away.

Feel free to keep infantalizing Black voters like we're not smart enough to see it. Keep pitching the same lie about 1860s Democrats like we're not smart enough to recognize Conservative vs Liberal of a time period. Keep thinking that 90%+ that vote Democrat all are stupid to know any of the issues we're supporting and just voting the way Massa tells us. All you're doing is reinforcing the view that Republicans are the home of uneducated racists.

I just hope that you guys start taking this same strategy with Hispanics, Asians, and Jewish voters so you can further marginalize yourselves into an irrelevant party in the near future.
Yeah..that's not what I said at all. You said Republicans expect the black vote to fall in their lap, I said it's democrats that expect that and do very little to earn it in my opinion. I know the conservative party needs to do a better job of opening the door to the black community and their concerns, I think the First Step Act signed by Trump was a good start. What is your opinion on it? How can conservatives expand on that to show they are serious about your concerns? It's 2019, it's time to move on from racism debates and work together to improve lives for all Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies