Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 11:52 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the GOP mostly looks down on Blacks. You haven't shown me that the GOP is any better for Blacks. Instead of saying "the Democrats are so bad", show me what the GOP has done for Black Americans LATELY!!
I'm not a republican so I could care less about your request.

Real question is what have you done for yourself LATELY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 01:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post

What have you done for yourself lately? You don’t see the absurdity in such a ridiculous question?

He’s asking why he should vote for Trump...the main idea that’s being posited here.

Old 11-27-2019, 02:07 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Yeah..that's not what I said at all. You said Republicans expect the black vote to fall in their lap, I said it's democrats that expect that and do very little to earn it in my opinion. I know the conservative party needs to do a better job of opening the door to the black community and their concerns, I think the First Step Act signed by Trump was a good start. What is your opinion on it? How can conservatives expand on that to show they are serious about your concerns? It's 2019, it's time to move on from racism debates and work together to improve lives for all Americans.
Yes the FSA is a good example that Republicans are not opposed with supporting issues Blacks also support. But why would you use Republicans' role in passing the FSA as evidence that they are doing something for Black voters, but then not give any credit to Democrats for sponsoring, lobbying, and doing the legwork to get it drafted & passed?

Republicans need start acting like allies on the things they also care about. For a party hellbent on convincing us that they are opposed to the police state, I can't think of a single time Republicans have locked arms with Black law makers or citizens to protest police brutality or just killings.

And they need to stop trying to sell the dumb lie about 1860s Democrats being the party of the recent Democrats. I've debunked that lie so many times on here, sometimes to same posters on multiple occasions, that I know they don't actually believe it, but hope that they can use it as some sort of shield or club. Black people are not idiots, and even if all of them don't know the explicit history, they know when they're being fed a load of bull.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:53 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What have you done for yourself lately? You don’t see the absurdity in such a ridiculous question?

He’s asking why he should vote for Trump...the main idea that’s being posited here.
He's just another racist, angry black person.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:42 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why does someone have to be black in order to understand human beings? Are blacks aliens or rabies infested animals that are unpredictable and hard to understand? lol Stop with the fake drama. Blacks are just like any other group.
Black Americans might be like any other group, but you missed my point, or you're ignoring it. The majority of Black people I know, 99% of them that I know, do not like Trump. Someone is claiming "Blacks are doing well under Trump" as if Blacks have Trump to thank for that. Unemployment was dropping starting in 2012. And around autumn 2018-winter 2019, Blacks were the only group to see a rise in unemployment.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Again....of COURSE blacks are going to vote for whom they see fit. But you seem to be upset that I said I HOPE they vote for the party that I consider - IMO - to be better for our country, as well as for them. Are you so ready to pounce on a white person that she can't even express her hope for more blacks to vote for Trump this time? It's as if you said that you hope more Orthodox Jews would vote for the Democrat this time, and I jumped down your throat saying that Orthodox Jews will vote for whom they see fit.

Also, it's unfortunate that not many black people listen to Larry Elder. He is a very intelligent man who presents the other side of the coin, and would provide some food for thought.
You hope that Blacks will vote for the GOP. But I don't think you want Blacks to vote GOP for their own good. I think you only want it for YOUR OWN INTERESTS. Based on experience, most people are only out for their own interests. And I never said anything about who Orthodox Jews vote for, so don't try that with me.

I don't find it unfortunate that most Blacks don't listen to Larry Elder. That is their choice. There are plenty of intelligent Black people to listen to. Larry Elder isn't someone I would ever listen to.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:50 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You hope that Blacks will vote for the GOP. But I don't think you want Blacks to vote GOP for their own good. I think you only want it for YOUR OWN INTERESTS. Based on experience, most people are only out for their own interests. And I never said anything about who Orthodox Jews vote for, so don't try that with me.

I don't find it unfortunate that most Blacks don't listen to Larry Elder. That is their choice. There are plenty of intelligent Black people to listen to. Larry Elder isn't someone I would ever listen to.
I told you. I want blacks to vote for Republicans for the same reason I'd want anyone to vote for Republicans - because their policies are better for the country than the crap the Democratic candidates are peddling. (And the example with the Orthodox Jews was merely an example to show you how people on the opposite party would want whatever group doesn't usually vote for them to vote for them. I have no idea what your "don't try that with me" even means.)

And it's too bad you don't listen to Larry Elder. He is an intelligent man who doesn't parrot the "blacks vote Democrat" line and presents real food for thought. But he is a conservative, so naturally you shut him out.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
He's just another racist, angry black person.
Yeah...there are no angry racist white people around here.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:

What have I done for myself LATELY? I work for a living. I'm out there trying to build me wealth, trying to come back from two previous layoffs. I've gone out there, gotten my education, I'm building on things I've learned on previous jobs. I'm doing what I can do for myself.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I told you. I want blacks to vote for Republicans for the same reason I'd want anyone to vote for Republicans - because their policies are better for the country. (And the example with the Orthodox Jews was merely an example to show you how people on the opposite party would want whatever group doesn't vote for them to vote for them. I have no idea what your "don't try that with me" even means.)

And it's too bad you don't listen to Larry Elder. He is an intelligent man who doesn't parrot the "blacks vote Democrat" line and presents real food for thought. But he is a conservative, so naturally you shut him out.
We’re not gonna vote Republican nor are we gonna listen to Larry Elder.

So you’re 0 for 2. Any more suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies