Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 05:46 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The 300-page report from Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee makes the case that Trump misused the power of his office and, in the course of their investigation, obstructed Congress by stonewalling the proceedings. Based on two months of investigation, the report contains evidence and testimony from current and former U.S. officials.

“The impeachment inquiry has found that President Trump, personally and acting through agents within and outside of the U.S. government, solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, to benefit his reelection," said Chairman Adam Schiff in the report's preface.

In doing so, "the President placed his own personal and political interests above the national interests of the United States, sought to undermine the integrity of the U.S. presidential election process, and endangered U.S. national security,” the report said.
https://news.yahoo.com/house-report-...100255628.html
Go for it! This will only make things worse for the Democrats!

Old 12-03-2019, 05:48 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Schiff will not risk his hide slimy as it is.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:48 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hunter Biden, what would he know about Trump's behavior? Hearsay, like the rest of us.

As to Schiff, he could introduce evidence, such as say, for example, AT&T and Verizon phone records establishing Giuliani’s frequent contact with the Trump administration and the various players in this Ukraine bribery and extortion scam. Or he could summarize the testimony heard in the various hearings.

Apparently, quite a few folks were involved in Trump's bribery and extortion scam -- Giuliani, Mulvaney, Pence, Perry, Pompeo, ... but Schiff was not one of them.
I guess we'll find out what he has to say after he's questioned now won't we? Same goes for Schiff, I'm sure he'd like to testify under oath that he had no clue who the whistleblower was this whole time and that he never had any contact with him.

Just remember when all of this goes down, this is what you wanted.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
The best thing for Republicans to do is just have Trump and Pence step down and get Pelosi in the White House. As much as I hate the Trump supporting Republicans, I wouldn't vote for Pelosi as President. PERIOD!

Old 12-03-2019, 05:49 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
But there is.....if only to ferret out whether he met with the whistle-blower prior to the complaint....
They will certainly subpoena him.

This will be entertaining......the timing will be important for the Demorats too.
Do you actually think it makes a pig's whistle bit of difference if Schiff met or did not meet with the WB?

Old 12-03-2019, 05:50 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The best thing for Republicans to do is just have Trump and Pence step down and get Pelosi in the White House. As much as I hate the Trump supporting Republicans, I wouldn't vote for Pelosi as President. PERIOD!
Trump supporters would lose their minds.

Or what they have left.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you actually think it makes a pig's whistle bit of difference if Schiff met or did not meet with the WB?

Well, it would mean that the Whistleblower broke the law by not disclosing it....so it would matter to him I imagine. Also, it would hit at the credibility of the entire process.

I imagine if asked about it, he'd lie, but that could be risky if anyone else knows about it.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:52 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's false. There's no evidence supporting any "misdeed" given that the action in question is not inherently illegal. You can prove the action happened, but there's no evidence proving intent, thus no evidence of any "misdeed".

In the Nixon and Clinton cases, the actions involved were inherently illegal, and there was sufficient proof on both accounts which is why there was bipartisan support behind both impeachment inquiries where there is none for this instance due to a complete and total lack of evidence of wrongdoing.
Well during the Nixon hearings Dean came forward, I don’t expect that from Giuliani or anyone else that remain in the White House. The republican are more interested in disruption rather than getting to the truth.

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:

Will NEVER HAPPEN. This is a CLOWN SHOW!

Quote:
Why would that be better for Republicans than just dismissing the impeachment articles and then having Trump be re-elected and their party taking back the House on the back of the failed coup attempt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies