Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Just back.

NPR has the pdf version of the report online. Starting on page 12 is the executive summary.

Good read and quick.
Yup, I've already read the Summary and Finding of Fact and, for those wishing to educate themselves with fact supported by sworn testimony and documents instead of spouting nonsense about a dog and pony show where the Bidens are called as tangential witnesses. The next 250+ pages is going to take some time to digest.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:37 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
More than just innocent, and more than just the Bidens, to Burisma AND the other investigation Trump talked about. They have to prove that there was no valid reason to think that there was a reason to look into either matter in order to prove any wrongdoing occurred.

It's simply something that can't be done, but they knew that. The goal was to get a PR victory and/or hurt the economy enough with the process that they could use this to affect the upcoming election. They knew the Clinton impeachment led to a sizable drop in the stock market, and they were hoping they could get something similar that could help their candidates.
You guys can keep telling yourselves that. Trump never mentioned "Burisma" on the call, he mentioned "the Bidens" specfically. Trump's future depends on whether the GOP is sufficiently beholden to him that they are willing to overlook his wrongdoing for purely political reasons, not some nonsensical argument about having to prove Burisma was free of corruption that is totally undercut by the documents released by the White House itself.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:38 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
This means Dems don't have the votes.

It will only be worse after an extended leave for the Holidays when people have time to forget about this mess.

https://twitter.com/BenKTallmadge/st...30664767295488

Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yup, I've already read the Summary and Finding of Fact and, for those wishing to educate themselves with fact supported by sworn testimony and documents instead of spouting nonsense about a dog and pony show where the Bidens are called as tangential witnesses. The next 250+ pages is going to take some time to digest.
+1

Yeah I expect some time to read it.

A lot of Trump's Admin. need to testify and be willing to take the blame for Trump to keep him from being impeached.

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
If you can't definitively prove that, then you are just dabbling in conspiracy theory.
You heard all the testimony and details, what exactly would proof look like, what do you need specifically.

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Nonsense. The propriety of a President's leveraging of strategic aid to force a foreign leader to conspire with the President's personal attorney and publicly announce an investigation into a political rival does not hinge on what the investigation ultimately uncovers concerning the rival's activity. The initial wrong is not somehow magically justified depending on an ultimate outcome that is totally unknown at the time of the wrongdoing.
There is no initial wrong in the absence of proof of the mens rea, and the mens rea can't be proven (in this case) without proving there was nothing to investigate. You have the burden of proof; Trump doesn't.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:41 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
You guys can keep telling yourselves that. Trump never mentioned "Burisma" on the call, he mentioned "the Bidens" specfically. Trump's future depends on whether the GOP is sufficiently beholden to him that they are willing to overlook his wrongdoing for purely political reasons, not some nonsensical argument about having to prove Burisma was free of corruption that is totally undercut by the documents released by the White House.
It was clear that the situation where the prosecutor was fired involved Burisma...and you know it so stop being intellectually dishonest. You simply can't prove your conspiracy theory and the attempt to do so has no credibility with the people and that's why no one really cares about this.

I look forward to your salty comments when the inevitable happens and Trump wins re-election and the Republicans take back the House. Don't let me down.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:42 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This means Dems don't have the votes.

It will only be worse after an extended leave for the Holidays when people have time to forget about this mess.

https://twitter.com/BenKTallmadge/st...30664767295488
They have the votes. The Problem is Trump's legal challenges are collapsing under the law.

Those people who ignored subpoenas will have to be deposed.

I think going ahead with what they have is good enough.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:45 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You heard all the testimony and details, what exactly would proof look like, what do you need specifically.
It's nearly impossible in this instance. You'd need comments by the president suggesting that his intent was political and not related to his duties to the state. You guys would be much better off if you had been able to find actions that were inherently illegal so that you wouldn't have to prove intent. For example, the reasons for the prior 2 presidential impeachment inquires.

The presumption of innocence is what you are fighting here. Sure you don't require any evidence for you to personally believe....but your personal belief is irrelevant. You have to definitively prove his intent and that's rough. Cases like this wouldn't have even been attempted to be prosecuted due to how impossible they are to prove.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:46 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
They have to prove that there was nothing at all suspicious when it comes to Burisma and that the sole reason for Trump's actions was personal gain. I can't tell you how to prove that because I don't think it can be. I'm not the one pushing the conspiracy theories here.

Since none of Trump's actions were inherently illegal, you have no "misdeeds" unless you can definitively prove intent. Even him saying that he requires an investigation of the Bidens or Ukraine isn't getting aid wouldn't be sufficient because of the plausible excuse that investigating Ukrainian corruption is in the best interest of the state....basically you would need a statement from Trump saying that he only wanted those things for his own political gain or to end Biden's bid for president.

It's not my fault that you guys are going after something you can't hope to prove. I certainly didn't tell you to make fools of yourselves.
I will leave it up to the jury to decide if there was intent for bribery from Trumps actions withholding aid coupled with his requests by from him and his entourage requesting investigations of the Bidens.

No you don't need an explicit statement from Trump stating the specifics, its like the mob telling a store owner they have an nice business it would be a shame if something happened.

You are way ahead stating that nothing was illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies