Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 10:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Greta: "How dare you for not taking action on climate change"
Also Greta: *Hangs out on yacht made with a huge amount of resources and flies on a jet plane from Sweden to the U.S. that consumes a lot of resources and blows carbon into the air
no wonder she's a leftist icon. they identify with her hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is wrong with you. Why are you picking on a 17 year old.
if a shrill, pigtailed shrieker who endlessly courts publicity is criticized by an anonymous poster on a web forum that pigtails is completely unaware of - why do you care?

Old 12-11-2019, 10:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
What is wrong with you. Why are you picking on a 17 year old.
She is a very intelligent person and I am sure she knows that her businesses carbon footprint is very high between her and her staff so she can go all over the world to give her speeches.

She is brilliant. I am sure she has spent thousands of hours going through lots of data so she can give a powerful lecture that has hundreds of millions of liberals falling head over heels for her agenda.

She is very smart, but I wonder if she believes any of this. Because her business has no problem with consuming lots of Co2 for her speeches and she certainly is a big fan of plastic and paper judging by her lunch.

Greta has very similar to Democratic billionaires who complain about tax cuts yet have a massive amount of accountants and lawyers making sure they pay the minimum amount of tax they can pay.

Do as I do, not as I say. Greta Thunberg lectures so much just taking one side of scientific numbers to support her opinion. She is a very wise person, but sadly her lecture business doesn't practice what it preaches.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:31 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Just what someone with an inflated head needs.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/11/media...019/index.html
At least she didn't make a mock-up of Time mag. & put her picture on it & hang it on a wall, so that people would think she made the cover. That's what Trump did. (Of course, he finally made the cover later, I think.)

The picture is beautiful. Beautiful girl, too. She seems devoid of ego, contrary to what you are projecting onto her. Just because Trump is corrupt and egotistical does not mean everyone is.

She is one of several girls who have shown amazing maturity, compared to adults, in trying to make a difference and make the world a better place. Like that Pakistani girl Malala Yousafzai, who was shot for her activism in trying to help girls be able to get educated there.

The mutiliated Bibi Aisha also made the cover of Time. This was the young Afghani woman whose family cut off her nose & ears for trying to escape. She was rescued and brought to America.

Then there are all the teens who became activists for gun control after the Parkland School shooting in Florida.

All admirable young people trying to make the world a better place for themselves and future generations.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:35 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Why in the world would anyone criticize and demean her. People who do this are insecure and threatened....by a teenager no less. You guys are pathetic for picking on her. And many here don't seem to understand the difference between Aspergers and Autism. Your posts are ill informed. Look it up. I take offense at some calling her parents handlers. These kids are our future and they understand our planet is in crisis. What were you guys doing when you were 17?
well, i wasn't self-righteously howling 'how DARE you!'

or ululating about climate change being caused by 'the patriarchy'/'racism'/colonialism.

how about yourself?

Old 12-11-2019, 10:35 PM

914 posts, read 643,783 times
Quote:
Why in the world would anyone criticize and demean her. People who do this are insecure and threatened....by a teenager no less. You guys are pathetic for picking on her. And many here don't seem to understand the difference between Aspergers and Autism. Your posts are ill informed. Look it up. I take offense at some calling her parents handlers. These kids are our future and they understand our planet is in crisis. What were you guys doing when you were 17?
After reading a few pages of posts, I think it could be due to the girl's parents using her as a tool to accomplish THEIR political goals. It's unethical and inhumane in my opinion, but hey, the mainstream media laps it up, so it must be okay, then right?

Old 12-11-2019, 10:40 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
After reading a few pages of posts, I think it could be due to the girl's parents using her as a tool to accomplish THEIR political goals. It's unethical and inhumane in my opinion, but hey, the mainstream media laps it up, so it must be okay, then right?
You need to give teenagers accolades for speaking their own mind. Why are you blaming her parents.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:42 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
You know. We buiot everything the way it was.
Til then we have to make due with what we have.

So much is made of plastic its hard to get away from it.

It’s more about going after the big companies. It would start from the top. And it won’t be easy.

At this point it’s just really nitpicky..

Old 12-11-2019, 10:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
You need to give teenagers accolades for speaking their own mind. Why are you blaming her parents.
Because her parents are liberal morons using their autistic kid for $.

Greta (and her parents) needs to do her (their) research.

If she is so concerned about global warming, she should sail over to China and back to India and give her "how dare you" speech in those countries.

You know, to the countries that cause the most "global warming" and "how DARE they".

Old 12-11-2019, 10:46 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
You want to ban cars, airplanes, stoves, fireplaces, electronic appliances, etc...?

We'll end up reverting to a lifestyle like in The Flintstones. Oh but wait, environmentalists would want burning wood to be banned because it's bad for the environment.
Talk about alarmist! You really have no idea do you? Look around you...The world is moving on and converting to renewable power, Much more efficient electric vehicles and yesterday the first commercial electric plane had it's first test flight.

https://ourworldindata.org/renewable-energy

Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Because her parents are liberal morons using their autistic kid for $.

Greta (and her parents) needs to do her (their) research.

If she is so concerned about global warming, she should sail over to China and back to India and give her "how dare you" speech in those countries.

You know, to the countries that cause the most "global warming" and "how DARE they".
By any chance is this i fo from.. info.. wars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies