Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 05:51 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden recently called arming Texas parishioners “irrational”.

I think it’s sad, but definitely not irrational. Irrational is taking guns away from law-abiding citizens while criminals just stock up on more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 05:55 AM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
But perhaps keeping the butt-hole suspect/shooter who had been "arrested multiple times in different municipalities" (CNN) IN JAIL may have prevented this, though. That right there is the problem.
It’s not stated why he was arrested, getting way ahead of yourself.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
I officially declare myself a member of my "security team".

Great, now all liberals will approve of my carrying a gun.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:59 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
This is false in this case and you are the one being obtuse with your false interpretation. Obviously, justified killing is a concept present throughout the Bible, from Joshua, to David, to the end of times when Jesus will kill the Antichrist. The 6th commandment correct translation is "Thou shall not murder".
Kings and people of power have interpreted and reinterpreted the teachings of Christ for the longest, to serve their desires. What would Jesus do? He would not be showing up at church service armed. Maybe a sign that the anti-Christ is near are all the people in churches carrying guns.

Who gets to judge what is murder and what is not? Is war murder? Is it murder when you support policies that result in other nations and people being bombed, with innocent people caught up as collateral damage? If one accepts the cost of collateral damage are they murderers? What then of the people who then fight against the people who support such policies? Are they simply trying to protect the lives of others by taking the lives of those who support taking of lives? Men fall short as judges. Judge not lest yea be judged. Thou shalt not kill is clear.

That having been said.....cross me and I will blast yah. I know I am a sinner and I don't try to reinterpret things to excuse my sins.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How do you jump to the conclusion that the poster would be happy if the good guy with the gun wasn't there?

You can support gun ownership and still feel sadness that the country struggles with so many gun violence incidents.

Doesn't mean I don't want someone to own a gun -- it just means it is sad that the USA culture today makes people feel like they need a gun in a church service.

It is sad.....very sad. No matter what your stance on gun ownership is.
Our country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Hate crimes are up.

POTUS needs to quit fomenting hate.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:03 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I officially declare myself a member of my "security team".

Great, now all liberals will approve of my carrying a gun.

That's exactly what the Church Parishioners did. For some reason the name "security team" gives Liberal/Progressives some comfort in that they are possibly "official" and possibly quasi government because government employees never make mistakes. What a crock. Of course these were just average citizens who stepped up in a bad situation.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Hate crimes are up.

Sure, Ringo. Just get Trump in line, and we’ll all go back to the kumbaya-singing loving society that we were back in ‘16.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:05 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:

Hate crimes are up.

How is Trump fomenting hate? You know these shootings are extremely rare, right? This one ended a lot better since average people were allowed to carry a gun there. This will act as a deterrent as fewer gun free zones mean less shootings.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:

Hate crimes are up.

The majority of "hate crimes" are perpetrated by the minority who reports them.

If hate crimes weren't so rare, Jussie wouldn't have had to pay for his.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:09 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,872,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We shouldn't all carry. A person terrified of guns has no business with one.

The "security team" were regular good guys with guns who volunteered as "security".
I agree with this.

Carrying isn't for everyone. There are plenty of people who I wouldn't trust with safety scissors.

But anyone who is willing to, and is competent and proficient to carry should be able to

If 1 out of 10 adults are carrying (a very reasonable ratio) that would be a huge deterrent to criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies