Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 11:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

I would also add a correlation between segregation rates, black/white, and high murder rates. I mean consistently high rates. That usually points to a high level of racism, plus an under performing economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 05:05 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,790 posts, read 4,155,926 times
Demographics determine destiny

Old 01-05-2020, 05:17 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Demographics determine destiny
Then explain why I, a Black male, am college-educated, I have a white collar professional job, I'm not involved in any crime, no children out of wedlock (I'm single with no kids, period).

Old 01-05-2020, 05:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain why I, a Black male, am college-educated, I have a white collar professional job, I'm not involved in any crime, no children out of wedlock (I'm single with no kids, period).
That's an easy explanation. You take responsibility for your actions and are determined to control your own future. Successful people are rarely people who make excuses for their own failures. In short you own your own life.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That's an easy explanation. You take responsibility for your actions and are determined to control your own future. Successful people are rarely people who make excuses for their own failures. In short you own your own life.
This right here should debunk the idea of "demographics determine destiny". If that were true, I would be a violent criminal.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I would also add a correlation between segregation rates, black/white, and high murder rates. I mean consistently high rates. That usually points to a high level of racism, plus an under performing economy.
I'm wondering if this is why Wisconsin and Missouri have some of the worst Black homicide rates in the country, while Washington state and Virginia are doing alot better.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In Tulsa, Republicans look down upon the poor as a disgrace to themselves, their state and their country.
What kind of Republicans inhabit Tulsa? I have to ask because the of this: Mississippi and Kansas are both Republican states. However, the GOP dynamics in Kansas aren't the same as in Mississippi.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:24 PM

628 posts, read 663,601 times
Quote:
Underclass Black gang members are violent. The average Black person isn't likely to be involved with violent crime. I have a question. What's your point? What to YOU want? What to you hope to accomplish by saying "Blacks are violent. More breaking news tonight at 11"?
1. Allow and encourage police profiling
2. Stop wasting money on “fixing” black education. The issue is evolution and blacks are not making up 10,000 years of evolution any time soon.
3. Tailored job programs for blacks. Particularly military.
4. End all third world immigration. Allow the citizens already here and at the bottom less competition
5. End all affirmitive Action.
6. Educate people on evolution.

Do this, all of it. Stop shackling whites and Asians. Let them thrive and you will be amazed at what they can accomplish. This would greatly benefit blacks as they will be part of the rising tide.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
1. Allow and encourage police profiling
2. Stop wasting money on “fixing” black education. The issue is evolution and blacks are not making up 10,000 years of evolution any time soon.
3. Tailored job programs for blacks. Particularly military.
4. End all third world immigration. Allow the citizens already here and at the bottom less competition
5. End all affirmitive Action.
6. Educate people on evolution.

Do this, all of it. Stop shackling whites and Asians. Let them thrive and you will be amazed at what they can accomplish. This would greatly benefit blacks as they will be part of the rising tide.
How would Blacks benefit from police profiling?

And why should a job program be tailored just for Blacks? Why not just tailor the schools so that anyone who wants to enter the career of their choice

There is no such thing as "black education". There are majority-Black schools. But there is only one education system. However about this. Those who want to learn, regardless of what race they are, make the school environment and the curriculum such that those students will thrive. Eject and expel all troublemakers regardless of race.

As it currently stands, the amount of job discrimination that exists is such that if immigration ends, Blacks will still be competing for jobs. How about tackling job discrimination.

People are being educated on evolution already.

If affirmative action ended, remember that alot of non-Blacks benefit from it to. Alot of white women benefit.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:33 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Eject and expel all troublemakers regardless of race.
I agree 100 percent. The problem is that, typically, black students are disciplined at a rate greater than their share of the student-body population. This is due, depending on who you ask, to (1) structural racism, or (2) black students misbehave at rates greater than their share of the student-body population.

I come down squarely on the side of No. 2. And my recommendation would be, get rid of the whole notion of "disparate impact" and apply discipline when needed, and let the chips fall where they may. Do this, and you'll see achievement rates increase across the board. (Yes, this includes black achievement rates, because the black students who want to learn will be given the opportunity, without the trouble-makers around to drag them down.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies