Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 11:59 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They won't care. Nothing he does will change their minds. They will support him to the bitter end.

I don't think they understand that the end has already begun and is progressing rapidly. A tipping-point is approaching and then it will be all downhill for them and their ersatz leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 05:35 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I don't think they understand that the end has already begun and is progressing rapidly. A tipping-point is approaching and then it will be all downhill for them and their ersatz leader.

oh please, please stop....as far as you and your ilk are concerned, the end started beginning over 3 years ago....you really need to get some more material...

But, since these were provided by/through FOIA, why are they not releasing them to the public???

Since there is a CLEAR direction....lets see that clear direction, not from their own mouths, lets see the emails and then we can figure it out....

Old 01-03-2020, 06:07 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I wonder if any of the Trump bootlickers in Congress will address this when returning to work next week.

And there's no way Trump's ego can't speak out about this, wonder what he'll tweet out about this news below.

No wonder Trump won't allow any of his people to testify.

https://twitter.com/Kristib43042441/...00731968933888

"the Trump bootlickers", when you start off like this, I KNOW you are NOT interested in a mature, honest discussion, so i won't waste any more time.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:09 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"the Trump bootlickers", when you start off like this, I KNOW you are NOT interested in a mature, honest discussion, so i won't waste any more time.
It's a Soros front group.

What's to discuss?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:00 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
It isn't a threat. Not in the black and white definition of the law.

The simple facts of the aid to Ukraine are:
  • The deadline to provide the aid was Sep 30, 2019.
  • The aid was delivered Sep 11, 2019.
  • Sep 11 falls BEFORE Sep 30 on the calendar, therefore aid to Ukraine was delivered before the deadline, therefore there was no delay in aid being delivered, thus the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Act of 1974 was not violated in any way, per the Ukraine aid package with a deadline of Sep 30, 2019.
Now I realize that you think "oh, we know what he meant" constitutes proof of a crime, but no crime got committed. No aid was withheld, no favor was done, and the person that was apparently the "victim" of the non-existent crime has repeatedly and quite consistently claimed that he was never aware of any withholding, or coercion, or anything of the sort.

Yeah, it may have the look of being sorta skeevy, but according to the black and white of things, nothing illegal took place. That's why McConnell has called it the thinnest, most partisan and baseless impeachment of all time. The charges are made up crimes that make "annoying House Democrats" sound like something legit, and are largely baseless.

They should have gone for censure for presenting the appearance of impropriety. It would have stuck, they would have retained the narrative forever, and that would have been that. Instead, they went for trying to make presenting the appearance of impropriety a crime, when it isn't. That's the fail, and eventually it will be discarded as such.
I have to agree with you in part. First, your chronology above does not change the fact that Trump intended to make the aid contingent on the "favor" he sought from Ukraine's president. However, The House has charged him with Abuse of Power, which is not a crime defined by any statute that I am aware of. The other article is Obstruction of Congress, which likewise is ill-defined.

It is reminiscent of the Clinton impeachment. republicans wanted to impeach him for the Lewinsky affair, but of course no crime was committed. They did catch him in perjury, which is a crime, but ultimately not serious enough to warrant removal. They also accused him of obstruction of justice, which is similar to the obstruction of Congress charge for Trump.

I agree that a resolution of censure would have been a more appropriate action, in both cases.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Exactly what is damaging? Quote the exact words that indicate "clear direction".
Obviously you don't care. What the email shows is that Trump had no intention of releasing the congressionally authorized and money to Ukraine. That is until the fire got too hot and he realize he had to. You know to put forth the "There was no quid pro quo because they got their aide in the end" BS. Sadly the Republican Party don't give a damn and wants Trump in office. Probably they know Pence is guilty too and don't want him impeached as well. Seriously, why hasn't Trump stepped down to face a Nixon and be pardoned? Pence is afraid of getting impeached himself.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Tell me what Republicans aren't Trump footlocker at this point. They are all yellow belly cowards towing the party line. Republicans don't give a damn about rule of law.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:10 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,773,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Now I realize that you think "oh, we know what he meant" constitutes proof of a crime, but no crime got committed. No aid was withheld, no favor was done, and the person that was apparently the "victim" of the non-existent crime has repeatedly and quite consistently claimed that he was never aware of any withholding, or coercion, or anything of the sort.
It doesn't matter whether the technical components of a crime exist or not. What matters is whether enough Senators feel that Trump has crossed a line that makes it obvious he is too incompetent and corrupt to ignore any longer. A good fraction of the Republicans in the Senate had nothing but contempt for Trump when was running and that is not likely to have gone away. They just keep silent and keep their heads down for political expediency. I suspect Trump would be easily convicted if the Senate voted anonymously. But right now they need cover to justify voting him out and so far I don't think the Dems have it. But new stuff keeps coming up just as it did with Nixon.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Of course, Trump and all his men lied. Looks like more evidence is coming soon. I hope there is multiple indictments waiting for the criminal when he leaves office.

https://twitter.com/Mimirocah1/statu...83291450372096

Old 01-03-2020, 02:24 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I was being sarcastic. That is why I included the "roll-eyes" smiley.
hahaha! I was waiting for your response! Perhaps you should have added "(SARCASM OFF) at the end..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies