Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 03:30 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
The MSM said there is, all day today.

Jamal Khashoggi was never an American citizen. He was a Saudi national who occasionally wrote opinion pieces for the Washington Post. The United States had no role in his murder. It is sad that he was murdered, but the story was nothing other than political. The Saudis kill/behead hundreds or thousands of people every year. They are a barbaric people.
The same is true of Iran. In fact they just executed a 14 year old as a political protester. Of course, the same can be said of many Muslim-majority countries-including Iraq. Our presence hasn't civilized them.

It's way past time to bring our people home from the ME. ME Muslims have been killing each other for centuries-it's not worth American lives to try to stop that. Just keep them out of civilized nations.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-04-2020 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
You are aware that Obama killed 2800+ people with drone strikes, including over 100 civilians, right?

https://www.newsweek.com/strikes-dur...vilians-545080
But those were good, sensitive, compassionate drone strikes, 'cause first black president! Not those evil, heartless drone strikes that attack isolated, terrorist leadership that have actually killed Americans like that terrible Republican initiates.

Old 01-04-2020, 03:48 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
There is no war between Iran and the USA. Iran has had a proxy war in Yemen for at least a decade.

If the USA had an issue with the Iranian General, the USA (Trump) had the responsibility to apply law, not murder.

Maybe Iran can't do anything against the USA, but maybe the Middle East can align with Russia rather than the USA. What then?
Using your failed logic, you think that we or the UN should have issued an "international" arrest warrant for this general?? Wow... That's one way of applying the law I guess, but Trump simply applied a more effective means of "law enforcement."

As for the whole Middle East aligning with Russia, that's not going to happen... Period.

Iran and Syria have been align with Russia for decades. Seriously, do you honestly think Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Lebanon and so on would EVER align with Russia? If you believe that it's possible, please quite smoking meth, cuz it not!!

Old 01-04-2020, 03:59 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
The more a Democrat criticizes Trump on this the more likely I am to vote Democrat for the first time in my life. If the eventual nominee has the attitude that this was the one good thing Trump ever did there is no way I will vote for them.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
A lot of us were holding our breath, dreading the day when Trump's luck would run out and we would be faced with some crisis that he had to handle on his watch. It looks like that day is here.
He's doing a great job too !!! There is no terrorist to big to kill, no bank to big to fail etc...….

Old 01-04-2020, 04:03 AM

45,228 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Good, but unfortunately for them the newly born critics lost any and all credibility in supporting the thousands of drone hits conducted by Trumps predecessor.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:06 AM

The American left is far, far more upset about the deaths of terrorist leaders that have killed hundreds of Americans, than they ever were about the death of an American ambassador. Says a lot about the American left, doesn't it? Seems as if they, and Islamic terrorists, see a common enemy in American citizens.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Sounds like what we said about Iraq. Oh, it will be a cake walk. 15 years and 3 trillion dollars later with 400,000 deaths, 5000 of those American, it is still a mess of a country. So what are we going to do in Iran - regime change? That means troops and boots on the ground. If we don't change regime they will keep lobbing missiles at Israel and all the tankers that go through the gulf. They will drag Iraq and probably Syria and Lebanon into it. Which may then drag Russia into it. It is a classic no-win fuster cluck. That is why no previous US President went down this path.
The stupid part about the Iraq war is that we decided to stick around and try nation building after we won the war. Once Saddam was removed from power, and certainly once he was captured, we should have gotten the hell out and let the people of Iraq make something of their nation. Or not, as the case may be. Either way, not our problem. Better would be to not have gotten involved at all. Saddam was in a war with Iran that had gone on for what, over a decade? At least ME Muslims were just killing each other at that point.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:42 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Using your failed logic, you think that we or the UN should have issued an "international" arrest warrant for this general?? Wow... That's one way of applying the law I guess, but Trump simply applied a more effective means of "law enforcement."

As for the whole Middle East aligning with Russia, that's not going to happen... Period.

Iran and Syria have been align with Russia for decades. Seriously, do you honestly think Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Lebanon and so on would EVER align with Russia? If you believe that it's possible, please quite smoking meth, cuz it not!!
Russia wants to keep influence in the region, and especially it's base in Syria, however Putin is not stupid and will stay out of a situation which could bring direct confrontation with the US.

As for China they won't become involved full stop, as they are more interested in building their economy and economic influence, and western sanctions are the last thing they want.

Israel has been looking to strike Iran for a long time, and Iran's enemy Saudi Arabia is also waiting in the wings, whilst the US has an alliance of countries that you have already mentioned in your post.

Iran is also limited in what it can do, it can try and strike US forces in the Middle East, stop shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, it could use terrorism or cyber warfare, however it's not strong enough to touch the US mainland or to fight a conventional war with the US, and if it did attack soil then that would be classed an an attack on a NATO member.

Iran risks it's small navy being blown out the water if it starts attacking shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, and attacks on US Forces could see Iranian airbases taken out and military and other infrastructure taken nout by the US.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:31 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
What are you going to do? Bomb Tehran? 18 million civilians living there? Oh, that's a good idea.

That pic is probaly 1/4 of the skyline. When I was there I couldn't take a picture to get it all.

This isn't Iraq.

John McCain..... Bomb Iran. In what world is that a song to sing on the campaign trail? I'm glad that American terrorist is dead.

It will be a disaster of epic proportions if Trump starts a war with them. Civilians, military, on both sides. It would be god awful.

I honestly think people pushing for this war don't know a thing about Iran....

I hope to god for my American friends and my Persian friends this does not get worse. Everyone loses.
Iran has more to lose than Iraq did, but the US could completely destroy the country in a long weekend with minimum US casualties if they wanted to and there wouldn't be anything Iran could do about it at all.

There would be no reason to send in troops, the US could cripple the country militarily and economically via air strikes and missiles and that's all that would need to be done.

Hopefully the Iranians are smart enough to avoid that kind of thing, but if they aren't, the US doesn't stand to lose, they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies