Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 11:17 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times

Advertisements

Dems held a circus of an investigation with a bunch of anti-trump “witnesses” who didn't actually witness anything and simply offered their opinions of what they thought Trump did.
They had to change “quid pro quo” to “bribery” and then “extortion” and then “abused of power” and then “obstruction of congress” because it wasn't polling well with voters? Lol
You dont get to choose a criminal charge based on popularity.

They claimed that impeaching Trump had to be done as quickly as possible because he was a danger to the constitution....and then they delay the trial?

They feign outrage ver not being able to call witnesses during the trial but had no problem denying Republicans their witnesses during the investigation? Lol

Dems are freaking out because their impeachment isn’t having the effect they wanted and now they’re trying to get the Senate to help them relaunch round 2 of their failed investigation, where they get to go on a new fishing expedition of witnesses to try find dirt on Trump.

Even in a criminal trial that is NOT the way it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 04:18 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Dems held a circus of an investigation with a bunch of anti-trump “witnesses” who didn't actually witness anything and simply offered their opinions of what they thought Trump did.
They had to change “quid pro quo” to “bribery” and then “extortion” and then “abused of power” and then “obstruction of congress” because it wasn't polling well with voters? Lol
You dont get to choose a criminal charge based on popularity.

They claimed that impeaching Trump had to be done as quickly as possible because he was a danger to the constitution....and then they delay the trial?

They feign outrage ver not being able to call witnesses during the trial but had no problem denying Republicans their witnesses during the investigation? Lol

Dems are freaking out because their impeachment isn’t having the effect they wanted and now they’re trying to get the Senate to help them relaunch round 2 of their failed investigation, where they get to go on a new fishing expedition of witnesses to try find dirt on Trump.

Even in a criminal trial that is NOT the way it works.
In a criminal trial, the defendant isn't allowed to prevent witnesses from testifying like Trump has.

Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Can you honestly not figure out why Biden, and Schiff are direct witnesses?

Wow, that is quite embarrassing for you, I surprised someone would admit something like this.

I guess that if one is unable to work out why Biden, and Schiff are direct witnesses, they wouldn't be able to figure out why this would be such an embarrassing thing to admit.
I already replied and you dismissed it. The Bidens and Rep. Schiff are not direct witnesses. Bolton, Mulvaney, Sondland, et. all were. I don't understand why people are still dipping into the Trump Kool-Aid. Is it merely just sticking it to the librulz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Its now about the Biden's and Schiff. Pelosi had her chance,and now Mitch is large and in charge. If the Bidens are forced to take the stand, they will plead the 5th and Joe will no longer be in the race.

Why didnt Trump allow testimony? Because he didnt have to, and the Dems failed to follow protocols.

Sorry, you lose and the next 2 weeks are going to be painful for you. We're winning again and it feels great!

How does losing feel?
Perhaps, but the thing is Trump's charge is Obstructing Congress. We do not know if the Obstruction was threatening to withhold the aide monies to Ukraine over Biden (and this information has continued to come out mind you) or if it was not allowing witnesses that he shielded. Trump thinks he has an executive privilege, US V. Nixon proves he does not. He is supposed to hand over witnesses and materials. I mean let's remember, Monica had to hand over that stupid dress to Ken Starr...

As for "winning" this proves my above point of Trump supporters just wanting to stick it to the librulz. I really do feel Trump will end this country if he is elected to four more years because of how divided it is becoming. An Arizona governor went on local radio this past week and said that those that didn't defend the Iran drone strike were suffering from derangement. That is scary. This is the comments I've seen on here and heard from average Joes but never a politician until Trump. And add to the fact, he could be calling his own constituents deranged. It shows an issue of dividing, not unifying. And trust me, I tried to find things about Trump that I've liked, and I can only think of opioids and even still, I feel he didn't go far enough with doctors and drug companies pushing people into being opioid addicts.

I've wanted a reason for Trump to do it and none of the reasons he or his supporters has put up have stuck. Here's why, Trump had to bring something to Congress. Senators Lee and Paul didn't like it. You know it is bad when Republicans complain about a sitting president. I'm sure you loved it when Democrats didn't fall in line with Obama over something trivial. Then Trump makes a comment of eminent attacks on U.S. citizens, despite no real proof of such. WMDs in Iraq had more proof than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The same people trying to tell us there were no firsthand witnesses in the house hearings also want to bring witnesses to tje Senate trial that have nothing to do with the case. SMH And they call us stupid!

You noticed that too? Yeah, I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There was a firsthand witness, Ambassador Sondland.

Ambassador Sondland's firsthand testimony was that president Trump wanted nothing from the Ukrainians.
It depends when he was asked. He wasn't a slam dunk witness but he did show that Trump was holding Ukraine over investigating Biden. This is a scary precedent for a president to do. A president should not need the help of foreign powers to win especially as an incumbent. Incumbents typically have a built in defense unless they are in years with a recession or a perceived recession like Carter (the recession actually happened the next summer under Reagan). Hell, H.W. Bush who had a VERY high favorability lost in 1992 due to the economy stupid. The Trump economy is a house of cards and is a tale of two economies.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:46 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
In a criminal trial, the defendant isn't allowed to prevent witnesses from testifying like Trump has.

Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.
If you have a NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement, which is in essence what someone working for a person with Executive Privilege permanently has) and are subpoenaed for either a criminal or civil trial in order to be held harmless for violating it you must wait until the court specifically directs you to answer specific questions.

Everyone wants to conveniently forget that Bolton’s deputy Charles Kupperman filed suit to ask the courts to rule whether he should honor Congress’ subpoena or Trump’s order to not testify based on Executive Privilege. That apparently was unacceptable to House Democrats.

In the words of Adam Schiff:
Quote:
“A private citizen cannot sue the Congress to try to avoid coming in when they’re served with a lawful subpoena,” Schiff said. “We expect that the court will make short shrift of that argument, but nonetheless we move forward.”
———
“In terms of how we will use litigation or not use litigation,” Schiff explained, “we are not willing to allow the White House to engage us in a lengthy game of rope-a-dope in the courts, so we press forward.”
Rather than let the question go through the courts, which would have resolved this issue for all of us, the House Democrats pulled back the subpoena and asked the judge to dismiss Kupperman’s case claiming there was no longer a cause since they would commit to not calling him to testify. They did it because, you know, impeachment had to be done IMMEDIATELY because our national security was in grave and eminent peril!!!! Apparently just holding that impeachment vote in the House was miraculous, as Nancy has now delayed sending them to the Senate longer than it would have taken for a ruling on Kupperman’s case.

Perhaps the Senate feels “our national security is in grave and eminent peril!!!” so they don’t have time to compel witnesses to testify either.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:42 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If you have a NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement, which is in essence what someone working for a person with Executive Privilege permanently has) and are subpoenaed for either a criminal or civil trial in order to be held harmless for violating it you must wait until the court specifically directs you to answer specific questions.

Everyone wants to conveniently forget that Bolton’s deputy Charles Kupperman filed suit to ask the courts to rule whether he should honor Congress’ subpoena or Trump’s order to not testify based on Executive Privilege. That apparently was unacceptable to House Democrats.

In the words of Adam Schiff:Rather than let the question go through the courts, which would have resolved this issue for all of us, the House Democrats pulled back the subpoena and asked the judge to dismiss Kupperman’s case claiming there was no longer a cause since they would commit to not calling him to testify. They did it because, you know, impeachment had to be done IMMEDIATELY because our national security was in grave and eminent peril!!!! Apparently just holding that impeachment vote in the House was miraculous, as Nancy has now delayed sending them to the Senate longer than it would have taken for a ruling on Kupperman’s case.

Perhaps the Senate feels “our national security is in grave and eminent peril!!!” so they don’t have time to compel witnesses to testify either.
They pulled back that Subpoena because if they would have lost the case, they would have lost the ability to argue the others should be called and Executive Privilege did not apply as they are trying to do today.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Susan Collins think she has enough Senators to get witnesses in the upcoming impeachment trial

Susan Collins working with ‘small group’ of GOP senators to allow impeachment witnesses
Democrats better be careful of what they wish for... Executive privilege still applies which means it will be mainly republican witnesses... Which will make your side look even worse...

Old 01-12-2020, 06:55 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Good, bring on Hunter and Joe Biden, Schiff and the whistle blower!
What posts such as this seem to forget is Donald Trump is the one who is impeached. He is the accused. One doesn't get to utilize one's deliberately concocted conspiracy theory as a defense! Hunter Biden has no role, Joe Biden has no role in this trial. None!

Believe me America, my phony whataboutism made me sell you out, AGAIN.....just believe me.
Shameful presidential behavior. Just shameful! And why do folks fall for this type of nonsense or continue to try to sell it?

BTW, whistleblowers and the constitutional duty of Congress aka as oversight are not the villains, either.
The villain in this disgraceful and mournful chapter of America is one Donald J. Trump, POTUS. Make no mistake.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:22 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,036,439 times
lmao.... all 3 of the "witnesses" Dems are craving to testify are to the right of Trump. They are Trump disciples and have been all along. Bolton called McConnell to strategize before he indicated he would testify. Dems expect them to turn on Trump???

This is comedy gold. Schiff and Pelosi have provided you a clear path toward getting your Party smoked in 2020. Why can't you see that? Blind hate for Trump? You're being played and you don't even know it.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:25 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What posts such as this seem to forget is Donald Trump is the one who is impeached. He is the accused. One doesn't get to utilize one's deliberately concocted conspiracy theory as a defense! Hunter Biden has no role, Joe Biden has no role in this trial. None!

Believe me America, my phony whataboutism made me sell you out, AGAIN.....just believe me.
Shameful presidential behavior. Just shameful! And why do folks fall for this type of nonsense or continue to try to sell it?

BTW, whistleblowers and the constitutional duty of Congress aka as oversight are not the villains, either.
The villain in this disgraceful and mournful chapter of America is one Donald J. Trump, POTUS. Make no mistake.
Wishful thinking. The Bidens very well may be called to give testimony, and will very likely plead the 5th, which will end Joe's candidacy. They will both be publicly disgraced, and Trump will be vindicated. End of trial.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:30 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao.... all 3 of the "witnesses" Dems are craving to testify are to the right of Trump. They are Trump disciples and have been all along. Bolton called McConnell to strategize before he indicated he would testify. Dems expect them to turn on Trump???

This is comedy gold. Schiff and Pelosi have provided you a clear path toward getting your Party smoked in 2020. Why can't you see that? Blind hate for Trump? You're being played and you don't even know it.

The Impeachment is an obvious loser for the Democrats. They are laughable, and more people realize it is purely an election tool to smear Trump. The Democrats have stooped to a new low that even I didn't expect. I hope they keep it up as even the Moderates and Independents see it for the scam it is and are turning against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies