Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 08:54 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Sometimes lethal force by LEO officers is justified. I don't know enough about this case to form an opinion.
He was armed only per the LEO's statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 09:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Cop should have shot him long before he did.
Yes, there was enough time for dozens of leg-shots.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:00 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This video is a perfect example why.
Very disturbing.
https://www.full30.com/embed/MDIxMjI...Ntm9SzzoOv_i00
Should have shot him in his knife hand.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Should have shot him in his knife hand.
A handgun is not a sniper rifle.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
He was armed only per the LEO's statement.
I don't know why you keep hammering on this case but I'll give you my position one last time: I don't know enough about it to form an opinion.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:44 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A handgun is not a sniper rifle.
I was a Squad Designated Marksman in Iraq and I consider myself a good shot.

I don't think I would even make that shot with my M14 rifle unless the suspect stands still and let me shoot the gun out of his hand.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I was a Squad Designated Marksman in Iraq and I consider myself a good shot.

I don't think I would even make that shot with my M14 rifle unless the suspect stands still and let me shoot the gun out of his hand.
At such a short distance, doubt a M27 can do it either.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:36 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
For anyone advocating leg shots, I recommend the following experiment:

Got to your local gun range. Rent a 9mm pistol, either Glock or Sig, since most police forces use one or the other. Buy a target. On that target, draw two rectangles roughly the size of your own thigh somewhere on the bottom half of the target. Hang the target and move it 10 yards down range. OK, target is all set. Now, load a full magazine into your 9mm pistol and holster it. OK, firearm is ready.

Now...do pushups until you literally cannot push yourself off the floor again. Wait one minute, then do that again. You need to do that until two things are the case - you are out of breath and your arms feel like jello. Immediately after finishing the last set of pushups, go to the ready line, draw, now fire the entire magazine in three shot bursts, aiming for the rectangles. When the slide racks locked, put down the weapon and retrieve the target.

If you got 1 shot in the entire magazine into either of those rectangles, you're a better marksman than like 90% of the population. 2 hits would make you better than 99%. 3 would be otherworldly. The reason being that under stress, with a bad case of stress shakes, hitting anything with a pistol from the standing position is pretty remarkable. Hitting small targets that are moving? Yeah, even harder.

Give it a try. Hell, practice for a year ad see how well you do. It isn't as easy as the armchair QBs like to think it is.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:43 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wait, what ...i thought guns were the issue ? Now it's sharp pointy things too ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FTDgw3W1Q

Old 01-13-2020, 11:47 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I haven't heard of this shooting and know nothing about it so I can't give my opinion on it. But I'll readily admit that that there have been quite a few unjustified police shootings in my area in recent years. I have spoken out about them. And I fully support spending the money to properly equip local law enforcement with the necessary tools for the job.
The cops in my areas shot a mentally ill guy because he had a shovel and wouldn't drop it. He didn't ran at them - he just wouldn't drop it when told so a cop shot and killed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies