Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 11:24 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times

Advertisements

Immigration. Hot button issue, everyone blames immigrations for all of our problems. If only we stopped immigration, we would have a beautiful country full of Americans prospering. Except, ah, you kind of have that now. Americans continue to get richer and have a high quality of life seemingly yearly. Enjoying some of the best infrastructure in the world, and having far more options than easily 80% of the world. Even the poorest Americans are still amongst the 70% richest in the world. Yet when you come to online forums, it’s doom and gloom. America is dying, we’re poor, we’re going broke. My favorite is “the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer”. Except we don’t have any poor in America, and the rich are just sustaining wealth.

See the reality is there are jobs being created daily. All over the country. So many new and innovative people are leaving their corporate jobs and starting businesses. Many times to great success. It has even forced the big corporate jobs to start stepping up its game. And we are seeing a plethora of companies innovating and trying new things. And we’re seeing so much wealth being generated. There is only one problem. No workers. We can’t find people to actually work these jobs. Job requirements remain un-filled for month on end. Sometimes it can take 5 to 8 months to fill a position.

Yet there are no job. The reality is this, there are jobs. But Americans don’t want to take them, because they are lazy. So companies hands have been forced. They’ve had to augment their staff with Visa sponsorships, because they literally can’t even have a team without them. And this is no benefit to the company. Visa sponsorships is messy business, requiring a ton of paperwork for the worker, and the volatility that they can just be randomly sent back to their home country. Trust me, large corporations would love to hire Americans. But the reality is, Americans don’t even apply for these jobs most of the time.

So those of us in these jobs are sitting here working 14 hours days to hit deadlines. Because we are all working to try to hit company goals and targets. As the market is moving fast. So where are all of the Americans?

Well they’re begging the government to keep protect their factory jobs. Jobs that have no business even existing anymore. They don’t want to leave their home town, so they want the government to protect the underperforming and nearly dead factory or coal mine in the town. So they don’t have to learn anything new, or travel, or get out of their comfort zone. It’s all about being comfortable. And you can’t be rich by being comfortable.

So next time you want to blame someone, look in the mirror. Immigration is the reason these companies can do anything at all.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:27 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
What utter BS! Most Americans are not lazy and will work for a fair wage!

Old 01-18-2020, 11:32 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
Agreed. When I was working I’m construction, all the hard workers were immigrants and they did it with good attitude and a smile. Few Americans willing to work these jobs and the ones who do don’t even want to be there and complain all the time. We are spoiled and entitled in this country. We need to make it easier for hard working immigrants to get in this country, we need their hard work and entrepreneurial spirit.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Remembers when Disney fired its IT staff and hired workers from India. And those "lazy" Americans had to train the new hires.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
People give immigrants jobs because making 2 dollars an hour is living like royalty to them.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:41 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Immigration. Hot button issue, everyone blames immigrations for all of our problems. If only we stopped immigration, we would have a beautiful country full of Americans prospering. Except, ah, you kind of have that now. Americans continue to get richer and have a high quality of life seemingly yearly. Enjoying some of the best infrastructure in the world, and having far more options than easily 80% of the world. Even the poorest Americans are still amongst the 70% richest in the world. Yet when you come to online forums, it’s doom and gloom. America is dying, we’re poor, we’re going broke. My favorite is “the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer”. Except we don’t have any poor in America, and the rich are just sustaining wealth.

See the reality is there are jobs being created daily. All over the country. So many new and innovative people are leaving their corporate jobs and starting businesses. Many times to great success. It has even forced the big corporate jobs to start stepping up its game. And we are seeing a plethora of companies innovating and trying new things. And we’re seeing so much wealth being generated. There is only one problem. No workers. We can’t find people to actually work these jobs. Job requirements remain un-filled for month on end. Sometimes it can take 5 to 8 months to fill a position.

Yet there are no job. The reality is this, there are jobs. But Americans don’t want to take them, because they are lazy. So companies hands have been forced. They’ve had to augment their staff with Visa sponsorships, because they literally can’t even have a team without them. And this is no benefit to the company. Visa sponsorships is messy business, requiring a ton of paperwork for the worker, and the volatility that they can just be randomly sent back to their home country. Trust me, large corporations would love to hire Americans. But the reality is, Americans don’t even apply for these jobs most of the time.

So those of us in these jobs are sitting here working 14 hours days to hit deadlines. Because we are all working to try to hit company goals and targets. As the market is moving fast. So where are all of the Americans?

Well they’re begging the government to keep protect their factory jobs. Jobs that have no business even existing anymore. They don’t want to leave their home town, so they want the government to protect the underperforming and nearly dead factory or coal mine in the town. So they don’t have to learn anything new, or travel, or get out of their comfort zone. It’s all about being comfortable. And you can’t be rich by being comfortable.

So next time you want to blame someone, look in the mirror. Immigration is the reason these companies can do anything at all.
Compare the infrastructure of Mexico to that of the United States of America and which direction the cash goes, setting aside money for drugs and cartel weaponry, and we'll see who's lazy.

The day it becomes as difficult to get into Mexico as it is the other way, I will consider your blunderings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
People give immigrants jobs because making 2 dollars an hour is living like royalty to them.
Please, let the adults speak.

Children may be excused from the discussion now, go play.

Even 15 years ago, in Reynosa Mexico, folks were spending over 5 bucks for a typical lunch at their cafeterias and malls, not too far below that of the States, maybe less than double. Now, in their factories, they were shipping high school aged children to their factories to work 50 and 60 hours per week shifts to work for a weekly salary of about 40 to 60 dollars per week, and they were happy to get it.

So there's money in Mexico.

There's also the most disgusting exploitation of labor we could imagine. But it's only moderately heinous. Places in Taiwan and elsewhere are even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I’m not even talking about Mexico. I’m talking about sponsored positions. Like in tech.
Yeah, we have that problem. You could say many of us are stupid, but you pay them tech jobs better and we'd find a way to go after them. Why take those jobs when folks can make more working for a public utility or something?

But yeah, I suppose many folks are lazy. Why do folks do crack, meth, and H for instance?

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-18-2020 at 12:03 PM..

Old 01-18-2020, 11:44 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Compare the infrastructure of Mexico to that of the United States of America and which direction the cash goes, setting aside money for drugs and cartel weaponry, and we'll see who's lazy.

The day it becomes as difficult to get into Mexico as it is the other way, I will consider your blunderings.

I’m not even talking about Mexico. I’m talking about sponsored positions. Like in tech.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Cool story bro.

I've worked alongside illegals in agriculture, manufacturing and construction.

Communication is non-existent, quality of work is a joke, you need 2 or 3 to equal one big American, and yes plenty of them are insanely lazy. Don't even get me started on theft.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:34 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What utter BS! Most Americans are not lazy and will work for a fair wage!
the bait worked in 3 minutes.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
BS Premise in the thread title. Text wall. TLDR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies