Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 01:06 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
i don't know what is more stupid, the actions of the guy in killing the kids or the oft repeated term here of "ding dong ditch."
ddd
d^3
d3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Interestingly, the man who shot Cole Peyton, the 14 year old, was found not guilty of assault and battery with a deadly weapon by a jury.

He was with a group of other idiots who were ringing doorbells multiple times. For some reason they went into the man's backyard with intent to knock on the windows. Bad idea, as it turned out.
One thing to DING DONG DITCH someone vs walking into the property and knocking on a back window. A front door and front walkway is acceptable to have a person walk up and knock/ring/make contact with the dwelling inhabitants without being shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Someone rang my neighbors door at 11:30 at night -- he was furious and chased those boys for a very long time.

It has happened to me in a different community -- door bell rang at 11:00 -- went to the door---didn't see anybody so I just walked away.

The person who killed those boys is a maniac....he just never showed symptoms before.

I can't imagine being so furious that I would ram my car into someone else's car....that's some crazy stuff.
I know. I just can’t process it
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
People have always been angry in this country, it's tough when everyone is under a lot of stress to not only keep their jobs but with the ever increasing costs of just about everything, it can be a real challenge to keep your head above water. Then you have medical costs that can sink you. If you're a conservative, you're gonna be angry, your President is constantly shrieking and screaming, you have an army of shriekers and screamers barking at you on radio and television, and all of this seems to keep this country in a constant state of agitation.

If this guy had no criminal record, he might see the light of day again, but that past criminal history of his is going to keep him locked away for the next 20 to 30 years, at least. He may not live long enough to be free again.
Bingo. Of all the first world nations, Americans are EASILY the most distressed on a regular basis. I’ve seen the poor go about life down in Mexico with a tenth of the stress that middle class Americans endure. Americans on a whole just lack equanimity, and are too focused on money and more STUFF acquisitions. It’s making us very ugly as a people..,and we weren’t all that pretty to begin with.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:21 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That man obviously has major anger issues or other psychological problems. Too bad three kids had to die before it was discovered. The minimum he should receive is three counts of gross negligent manslaughter.
He should serve at least 20 years, be it concurrent or consecutive sentences.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:36 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Folks have gotta be smarter than this.

In Riverside County, California...

A kid knocks on your door or rings your bell while playing a game of Ding Dong Dash, runs away, jumps in a car with his buddies, and you run to your car and chase them down? Not only that, but you ram them into a tree? As a result, 3 of the boys are dead? Wow!! That’s some serious rage!

And when you see the pics of the boys, they look like the typical ‘All American fresh faced kids,” and he definitely DOESN’T look like anyone’s version of ‘All American.’

Now the driver is looking at a possible Death Penalty case...though I doubt he’ll end up getting more than a simple Man1 charge given the extenuating conditions.

Funny thing is that I didn’t even know kids did this anymore, but let’s not forget; kids will ALWAYS be kids. Knowing myself, I might have even chased them for a few blocks to give’em a scare, then I would’ve likely laughed it off and drove back home. Definitely wouldn’t have rammed their car and damaging my own in the process.

Anyway....the story:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/...fice-says/amp/
Sickening

Many a young boy goes through a punk phase, whether it be toilet papering a mean neighbors house, crank calls, etc.
Most of it is harmless, and ringing a door bell and taking off seems about as benign as it gets.
This enraged kook should get that maximum possible penalty, as he is clearly a menace to society.

`

Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know. I just can’t process it

Bingo. Of all the first world nations, Americans are EASILY the most distressed on a regular basis. I’ve seen the poor go about life down in Mexico with a tenth of the stress that middle class Americans endure. Americans on a whole just lack equanimity, and are too focused on money and more STUFF acquisitions. It’s making us very ugly as a people..,and we weren’t all that pretty to begin with.
Once again you nailed it man. Your insights are steel on target.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:20 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
.. If you're a conservative, you're gonna be angry, your President is constantly shrieking and screaming, .....
Good God. You are truly deranged. This isn't about Trump or anyone who supports him.

Try to have some compassion from the victims instead of using it to push your own lunatic political agenda.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:33 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
To try to lay any portion of the blame on the kids is absolutely ridiculous.

You should be ashamed of yourself. This is the equivalent of you saying that victims of terrorism should know better than to go to places that have the propensity to be targets of terrorist attacks.
There's blame on both parties here.

The kids trespassed. They initiated it. The guy obviously did the greater evil - but they started it. It is what it is.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:16 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It's amazing to me that so many people are walking around out there with so much pent up anger that they would kill others for ringing a doorbell and running away.
It's more sad that amazing. It's scary. It makes you wonder if you'll anger the wrong person and get killed.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:08 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,845,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Would you rather it be called something else? Maybe you could suggest another name for this behavior?

And you can't think which is more stupid - multiple murders, or a term that you find odd?

Alrighty.
Call it whatever it's been called for centuries before electric doorbells even exited, I don't care, I just think the modern name is stupid. If you like it, by all means use it every day of your life, get a Tshirt made or a coffee mug. I simply voiced an opinion using hyperbole, you don't need to agree. Or understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies