Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 08:13 AM

5,179 posts, read 3,095,263 times

Advertisements

Of course growing up with violent video games that involve car chases, crashes, and mayhem has nothing to do with this sort of behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 08:18 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,512,383 times
I wouldn’t have even chased them. These days you don’t know their motive. Could they have been checking to see if someone was home to break in? Not saying in this case, but a lot of thieves check by knocking on your door to see if your home. Second you never know if they have a weapon. No way chasing them is going to end well once you catch up to them. Better to just laugh it off once you realize the motive.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Folks have gotta be smarter than this.

In Riverside County, California...

A kid knocks on your door or rings your bell while playing a game of Ding Dong Dash, runs away, jumps in a car with his buddies, and you run to your car and chase them down? Not only that, but you ram them into a tree? As a result, 3 of the boys are dead? Wow!! That’s some serious rage!

And when you see the pics of the boys, they look like the typical ‘All American fresh faced kids,” and he definitely DOESN’T look like anyone’s version of ‘All American.’

Now the driver is looking at a possible Death Penalty case...though I doubt he’ll end up getting more than a simple Man1 charge given the extenuating conditions.

Funny thing is that I didn’t even know kids did this anymore, but let’s not forget; kids will ALWAYS be kids. Knowing myself, I might have even chased them for a few blocks to give’em a scare, then I would’ve likely laughed it off and drove back home. Definitely wouldn’t have rammed their car and damaging my own in the process.

Anyway....the story:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/...fice-says/amp/
According to this, guy was arrested on 12/31 for beating his wife and kid.

https://www.pe.com/2020/01/21/suspec...njury-charges/

Old 01-26-2020, 08:27 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
That man obviously has major anger issues or other psychological problems. Too bad three kids had to die before it was discovered. The minimum he should receive is three counts of gross negligent manslaughter.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Of course growing up with violent video games that involve car chases, crashes, and mayhem has nothing to do with this sort of behavior.
Tens of millions all over the world play violent video games involving car crashes. They also watch movies and TV shows with the same. Most people do not seek to emulate.

We DK this guy’s story. Maybe alcohol related.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:33 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
It's California. He will be out in a few years to do it again.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:34 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I guess he showed them. Enjoy your time in prison you loser but then again he will probably come up with some sob story for the liberal California judge, I was drunk/high, I was angry at Trump, I identify as a gay 15 year old transsexual fluid gender bisexual non binary girl and they bullied me and in a fit of unconscious rage I accidently hit the gas and not the brake and he will get a slap on the wrist.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:37 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Everyone is talking about the guy, and he derservedly is getting his just due... but that was stupid by the kids to do what they did.

You just don't know who you are going to trigger by doing this stuff. You guys said you would do little to nothing, and that has probably been their experience in doing this in the past. Well, they picked the wrong guy this time and they are no more.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:43 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Everyone is talking about the guy, and he derservedly is getting his just due... but that was stupid by the kids to do what they did.
Six kids 18 and under crammed into a Prius is NEVER a good thing under ANY circumstances!

Old 01-26-2020, 08:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

You just don't know who you are going to trigger by doing this stuff. You guys said you would do little to nothing, and that has probably been their experience in doing this in the past. Well, they picked the wrong guy this time and they are no more.

To try to lay any portion of the blame on the kids is absolutely ridiculous.

You should be ashamed of yourself. This is the equivalent of you saying that victims of terrorism should know better than to go to places that have the propensity to be targets of terrorist attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies