Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 07:44 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times

Advertisements

Interestingly, the man who shot Cole Peyton, the 14 year old, was found not guilty of assault and battery with a deadly weapon by a jury.

He was with a group of other idiots who were ringing doorbells multiple times. For some reason they went into the man's backyard with intent to knock on the windows. Bad idea, as it turned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 08:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Interestingly, the man who shot Cole Peyton, the 14 year old, was found not guilty of assault and battery with a deadly weapon by a jury.

He was with a group of other idiots who were ringing doorbells multiple times. For some reason they went into the man's backyard with intent to knock on the windows. Bad idea, as it turned out.
That's a different story. That was a story of teens surrounding the house. This story is about how much a reasonable person would be afraid, and in this story, we all get it. A reasonable person would feel fear in the Cole Peyton story.

Old 01-25-2020, 08:49 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:

I have never driven in a Southern state, and probably never will, but if I ever found myself there and broken down on the side of the road in the middle of the night, I know one thing I wouldn't do. That being knock on anybody's door to ask for help. Too many stories of people getting shot that way.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:02 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
For driving 6 to a Prius?

What does being Indian have to do with it?
Maybe nothing, maybe everything.

Keep in mind that various cultures around the world have different customs/upbringing/morals. Thus if the person refuses or cannot assimilate, such things as a propensity toward violence might be the social norm.
Does it surprise you when you hear about Muslims who believe in honor killing or female genital mutilation?
If not, then why question the poster who mentioned the persons ethnicity, when t may or may not be a factor?

`

Old 01-25-2020, 11:11 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
I don't know what is more stupid, the actions of the guy in killing the kids or the oft repeated term here of "ding dong ditch."

Old 01-26-2020, 07:00 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I don't know what is more stupid, the actions of the guy in killing the kids or the oft repeated term here of "ding dong ditch."
Would you rather it be called something else? Maybe you could suggest another name for this behavior?

And you can't think which is more stupid - multiple murders, or a term that you find odd?

Alrighty.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Default From the “Bro, just let it go; it ain’t worth it” File!!

Folks have gotta be smarter than this.

In Riverside County, California...

Quote:
The California man accused of intentionally driving his car into another car, killing three teen boys, did so in retaliation after the boys ding-dong ditched his home, the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office said.

Anurag Chandra, 42, faces three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder for the accident, which occurred in southern California earlier this week. Now, the district attorney’s office is seeking a special circumstance allegation of multiple murders.
A kid knocks on your door or rings your bell while playing a game of Ding Dong Dash, runs away, jumps in a car with his buddies, and you run to your car and chase them down? Not only that, but you ram them into a tree? As a result, 3 of the boys are dead? Wow!! That’s some serious rage!

And when you see the pics of the boys, they look like the typical ‘All American fresh faced kids,” and he definitely DOESN’T look like anyone’s version of ‘All American.’

Now the driver is looking at a possible Death Penalty case...though I doubt he’ll end up getting more than a simple Man1 charge given the extenuating conditions.

Funny thing is that I didn’t even know kids did this anymore, but let’s not forget; kids will ALWAYS be kids. Knowing myself, I might have even chased them for a few blocks to give’em a scare, then I would’ve likely laughed it off and drove back home. Definitely wouldn’t have rammed their car and damaging my own in the process.

Anyway....the story:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/...fice-says/amp/

Old 01-26-2020, 08:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
far too much rage in people today. it seems few people have any tolerance left for practical jokes, minor insults, political differences, religious differences, etc. people these days are easily triggered by stupid stuff.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:04 AM

2,774 posts, read 903,405 times
Tragic story. But the murderer will never be executed in California.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
far too much rage in people today. it seems few people have any tolerance left for practical jokes, minor insults, political differences, religious differences, etc. people these days are easily triggered by stupid stuff.
You got that right!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies