Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Tragic story. But the murderer will never be executed in California.
I certainly hope you’re right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Of course growing up with violent video games that involve car chases, crashes, and mayhem has nothing to do with this sort of behavior.
Not a factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I wouldn’t have even chased them. These days you don’t know their motive. Could they have been checking to see if someone was home to break in? Not saying in this case, but a lot of thieves check by knocking on your door to see if your home. Second you never know if they have a weapon. No way chasing them is going to end well once you catch up to them. Better to just laugh it off once you realize the motive.
Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this, guy was arrested on 12/31 for beating his wife and kid.

https://www.pe.com/2020/01/21/suspec...njury-charges/
I knew he had to be a nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It's California. He will be out in a few years to do it again.
Ehhhh...no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Everyone is talking about the guy, and he derservedly is getting his just due... but that was stupid by the kids to do what they did.

You just don't know who you are going to trigger by doing this stuff. You guys said you would do little to nothing, and that has probably been their experience in doing this in the past. Well, they picked the wrong guy this time and they are no more.
*SIGH*

You must’ve head a GREAT childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not really. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Not saying by any means that the guy was justified in what he did, but.....

The kids put themselves in a bad place doing a stupid activity. They messed with a highly unstable person and it cost them dearly.
Yeah, well you’re just stating the obvious.

Basically, the guy is a nutjob. Kids play pranks. It’s what they do. Geez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Wow. You actually said that.
Yep. The truth stings sometimes, but it’s still the truth.

When you see the kids and see him, that’s a problem. A REAL problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ding dong ditch is a harmless "game" that has been played forever. It's akin to TP'ing someone's house. You guys are more than reaching. This is not an example of "playing stupid games".
I agree wholeheartedly. Folks are getting carried away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
If he is an illegal immigrant he would walk free. Just ask Katie Steinle’s family.
Who said that he was an immigrant????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 09:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Folks have gotta be smarter than this.

In Riverside County, California...

A kid knocks on your door or rings your bell while playing a game of Ding Dong Dash, runs away, jumps in a car with his buddies, and you run to your car and chase them down? Not only that, but you ram them into a tree? As a result, 3 of the boys are dead? Wow!! That’s some serious rage!

And when you see the pics of the boys, they look like the typical ‘All American fresh faced kids,” and he definitely DOESN’T look like anyone’s version of ‘All American.’

Now the driver is looking at a possible Death Penalty case...though I doubt he’ll end up getting more than a simple Man1 charge given the extenuating conditions.

Funny thing is that I didn’t even know kids did this anymore, but let’s not forget; kids will ALWAYS be kids. Knowing myself, I might have even chased them for a few blocks to give’em a scare, then I would’ve likely laughed it off and drove back home. Definitely wouldn’t have rammed their car and damaging my own in the process.

Anyway....the story:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/...fice-says/amp/
Someone rang my neighbors door at 11:30 at night -- he was furious and chased those boys for a very long time.

It has happened to me in a different community -- door bell rang at 11:00 -- went to the door---didn't see anybody so I just walked away.

The person who killed those boys is a maniac....he just never showed symptoms before.

I can't imagine being so furious that I would ram my car into someone else's car....that's some crazy stuff.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
People answer their doors? I thought that was akin to answering your phone - if you aren't expecting someone, and they show up on your Ring or Nest or whatever door camera, you just talk to them over the microphone, right? Or just watch them - LOL.

Lord have mercy.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:09 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
If you come to this forum every day, you shouldn't be amazed.

"I will put down any threat to my family with unmitigated fire power and a sheer unabashed full metal jacket onslaught"..etc.

There are some dudes here who REALLY can't wait to shoot someone.
You’re right. My family comes first. This doesn’t mean I’m sitting on guns and ammo drooling fantasizing gun in hand Oh boy I can’t wait to shoot someone who rings my doorbell. . The last thing I want to do is kill another person. But if it’s a life and death situation where bodily harm or death can come to my family by another persons actions you’re right I’ll take my family being alive if it means having to kill another person.
I don’t know anyone who will sit there and say sure go ahead kill my wife and children Mr. psychopath mass shooter/home invader/crazy person.

This doorbell car chase death incident is in my area. I don’t care if the kids ding dong ditched him. You don’t jump in a car and run a person off the road. I got ding dong ditched a few times. I just look at my cameras and laugh at the kids scrambling to get in the car. It’s harmless. I don’t get it but I’m not a immature 16 yo kid.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Tragic story. But the murderer will never be executed in California.
Whether he gets executed or not, he'll never see the outside of a prison again.

He has whatever's left of his life to think about, "Was it worth it?"

Welcome to your retirement home.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:05 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Does seem just a tad extreme for the lads to die over a game of doorbell ditch. Cant imagine what they interrupted that was so important so as to warrant pursuit and lethal action.

It seems as though the homeowner also has a history of domestic violence. His temper gets the better of him. He appears to be perhaps Indian. Pakistani maybe or some region in between.

Could be he hails from somewhere that things are not far removed from matters of any personal intrusion are settled with violence.

In which case a CA court may indeed grant him latitude for "cultural reasons" in the name of diversity. Personally I hope he swings.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:31 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this, guy was arrested on 12/31 for beating his wife and kid.

https://www.pe.com/2020/01/21/suspec...njury-charges/
The prior, violent history will definitely be brought up during trial/sentencing. He's definitely got major issues and hopefully he will be put away for a long time. Regardless of how people are saying California laws are lenient, this crime and his violent history can't be ignored.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
People have always been angry in this country, it's tough when everyone is under a lot of stress to not only keep their jobs but with the ever increasing costs of just about everything, it can be a real challenge to keep your head above water. Then you have medical costs that can sink you. If you're a conservative, you're gonna be angry, your President is constantly shrieking and screaming, you have an army of shriekers and screamers barking at you on radio and television, and all of this seems to keep this country in a constant state of agitation.

If this guy had no criminal record, he might see the light of day again, but that past criminal history of his is going to keep him locked away for the next 20 to 30 years, at least. He may not live long enough to be free again.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If you're a conservative, you're gonna be angry, your President is constantly shrieking and screaming, you have an army of shriekers and screamers barking at you on radio and television, and all of this seems to keep this country in a constant state of agitation.
Did you really just try to make this about Trump and conservatives?

Don't know where you've been lately, but the only people that have been shrieking and screaming in the last three years have been liberals.

KAG 2020

Now, back to the previously on track thread...........

Old 01-26-2020, 12:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
When will California ban these killer cars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies