Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 09:44 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times

Advertisements

Whole thing is tragic. Three dead kids and many lives ruined including the accused. Only thing certain is the three surviving boys probably won’t ever do ding dong ditch again . You never know who’s on the other side of that door or what’s going on in their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 11:12 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a psycho.

While I'm sure he'll have supporters on here, hope they punish him to the extreme.

https://time.com/5768658/california-...eens-rams-car/
What do you mean by this? Why would anyone support doing this?

Old 01-24-2020, 12:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Whole thing is tragic. Three dead kids and many lives ruined including the accused. Only thing certain is the three surviving boys probably won’t ever do ding dong ditch again . You never know who’s on the other side of that door or what’s going on in their life.
We used to do stupid stuff like that when we were kids. But it was a different world back then. The worse we could expect was a spanking by our dads if he found out. Geeze, when I think of the nasty pranks we got away with.... !!

Today, however, pranks like that could easily turn deadly. Those kids might have picked his house because they knew he was an easily riled grouch. Whatever they did or thought, they didn't deserve to be hunted down and killed like that. Their killer needs to be taken out of society for good.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
The DA says he may be charged for on 3 counts for murder. Enough for the rest of his life.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
The DA says he may be charged for on 3 counts for murder. Enough for the rest of his life.
I don't see how they could downplay it to manslaughter, but wonders never cease. I hope he gets the max and ends up dying in prison. Decent society needs to be protected. We're becoming the new endangered species.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
We used to do stupid stuff like that when we were kids. But it was a different world back then. The worse we could expect was a spanking by our dads if he found out. Geeze, when I think of the nasty pranks we got away with.... !!

Today, however, pranks like that could easily turn deadly. Those kids might have picked his house because they knew he was an easily riled grouch. Whatever they did or thought, they didn't deserve to be hunted down and killed like that. Their killer needs to be taken out of society for good.
Oh yes I agree. My friends and I also did this and sometimes used little smoke bombs. We seldom got caught and if we were we got grounded or spanked. Our targets did nothing but tell our parents if they managed to see us. Guess we should’ve gone a couple blocks over.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Oh yes I agree. My friends and I also did this and sometimes used little smoke bombs. We seldom got caught and if we were we got grounded or spanked. Our targets did nothing but tell our parents if they managed to see us. Guess we should’ve gone a couple blocks over.
My dad's era was even worse. He and his friends would put piles of dog poop on a grouch's porch, douse it with lighter fluid and set it on fire. Then they'd bang on the door, yell "Fire! Fire!" and run away. The grouch would run outside and try to stomp out the fire, thus slapping dog poop all over himself. Nasty. Much worse than Ding Dong Ditch.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:36 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
According to the TIME story, no one knows for sure that's what happened. One of the survivors said they rang the "wrong" doorbell. I kind of doubt that. It could be true, but when I was a kid every kid knew who the "mean" people were.

Like so many other people, I have a Ring doorbell and see the video alerts. Young idiots do the ding dong ditch thing all the time at homes that don't house other young idiots.

Do six people actually fit in a Prius?
I've never heard it called "ding-dong-ditch", but aren't teenagers old enough to DRIVE AWAY a little too old to be playing this"?

NO, I'm not saying they in any way deserved this, I am saying that I think there must be more to the story than just teenagers ringing a doorbell and driving away.

Good question about the Prius, but kids will jam-pack as many of themselves into a car as possible. I remember lying in a fetal position in the hatchback of a Mazda.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:56 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My dad's era was even worse. He and his friends would put piles of dog poop on a grouch's porch, douse it with lighter fluid and set it on fire. Then they'd bang on the door, yell "Fire! Fire!" and run away. The grouch would run outside and try to stomp out the fire, thus slapping dog poop all over himself. Nasty. Much worse than Ding Dong Ditch.
Hahaha, I remember my grandfather saying they did the same thing. That must go way back. They'd also tip over outhouses with people in them.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:09 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
20-life seems appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies