Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 02:55 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is the ATC communications....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0pQ...bklV6wOiInw280

Special VFR will make your butt suck your cushion internal....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 02:57 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Some of the blind support for Kobe on this forum is quite disturbing, to say the least. To minimize the brutal RAPE that Kobe committed by saying, "oh, b-b-b-but he was such a 'nice' man, look at his devotion to his wife and family, let it be..."

It's okay if you choke and rape a woman, as long as you say you are 'sorry' the rape victim should get over it. Yeah, try saying that to the victims of sexual assault out there and come back and tell me how it goes.

Jeezus.

But such blind adulation and ignorance is not unexpected here. After all, someone on this very forum once mentioned how the Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo must be so proud to have raised a daughter who went on to graduate college.

Christ.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:12 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....Trump essentially talked about groping women (walking up to them and grabbing them by the kitty), allegedly has cheated on his wife.....and people thought enough of him to make him President. You have to figure with the money he says he has....that he probably paid to silence a lot of women. Now you want to throw Kobe under the bus for a women who agreed to go to his hotel room and agreed to kiss him (foreplay)....but says she did not agree to anything else.

I was never a big fan of Kobe....but let him rest in peace.
This isnt the place to cry about Trump......boo hoo hoo

Old 01-27-2020, 03:13 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some of the blind support for Kobe on this forum is quite disturbing, to say the least. To minimize the brutal RAPE that Kobe committed by saying, "oh, b-b-b-but he was such a 'nice' man, look at his devotion to his wife and family, let it be..."

It's okay if you choke and rape a woman, as long as you say you are 'sorry' the rape victim should get over it. Yeah, try saying that to the victims of sexual assault out there and come back and tell me how it goes.

Jeezus.

But such blind adulation and ignorance is not unexpected here. After all, someone on this very forum once mentioned how the Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo must be so proud to have raised a daughter who went on to graduate college.

Christ.
Not seeing the blind support and disagree with your assessment above . Not sure who said he was nice. He was unfaithful, like many others in sports. However, he was never found guilty of rape and the information surrounding the accusations was highly problematic. Not a fan of Kobe or the vast majority in sports. However, women like the one who accused him make it hard for true rape victims.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:18 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not seeing the blind support and disagree with your assessment above . Not sure who said he was nice. He was unfaithful, like many others in sports. However, he was never found guilty of rape and the information surrounding the accusations was highly problematic. Not a fan of Kobe or the vast majority in sports. However, women like the one who accused him make it hard for true rape victims.

You know the woman personally? Did you read the police reports with the pictures and evidence of bruising and vaginal tearing? Kobe paid her off to avoid a rape trial and possible conviction. You believe Kobe was innocent, but Trump makes an off color remark about grabbing p*ssy and he's the guilty one.

You Libs are just hypocrites, and dishonest. It's ok if someone rapes a woman if they are "WOKE", right?

Old 01-27-2020, 03:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Look. What we KNOW is that when he was 24 years old, Kobe Bryant was unfaithful to his wife. He had sex with a woman he didn't know - maybe unwillingly, maybe roughly, but we simply do not know the context of that sexual encounter. He paid her a large settlement and the case never went to trial. Several years later, his wife filed for divorce. However, they reconciled and went on to have several more daughters together (he had at least one daughter with his wife prior to the sexual encounter).

He was married to only this one woman his entire life. They had four children together. At some point after the 2003 rape allegations, he stated that he returned to his childhood church and received counseling. On the day of his death, he attended church. After this 2003 incident, I never heard any other allegations of infidelity on his part or his wife's part.

It was never proven that he raped anyone. He did however admit to having sex with a woman not his wife in 2003. I don't know if he raped anyone or not - all I know is that the case was settled out of court and until his death yesterday, I hadn't heard another peep about it.

I'm not casual or flippant about rape. It's a heinous crime. But in this situation, the case was SETTLED OUT OF COURT and I assume that all parties eventually moved forward satisfactorily.

I am very sorry for his wife's heartbreak over losing her daughter and the father of her four children. I believe they met in 1999 when she was 17 and he was 20. The minute she turned 18 he proposed. and they married in 2001, so they had been married for 19 years. They had had their ups and downs and pressures, but they stuck it out, which is more than many people in any socioeconomic class.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:46 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:

Jeezus.

Christ.
I don’t know what happened with that incident- he did not go to jail - however, he died with his daughter in a crash and that is tragic -it’s not the time to bring up the dirt. Is that what you want at your passing ? Even the worse humans get a decent send off.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:52 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:

Jeezus.

Christ.
I am not one of those people, I do think at minimum at some point she said “no” and he didn’t listen. I felt at the time that he was guilty.

That said, I do think his life is a lesson in the power of redemption. He became a very different man after that event. He changed from an egocentric party animal to a guy who tried to live like a model citizen and someone who gave back to the world. Whether that was because he was scared by a close call with a jail cell or he was afraid of losing his wife or because he felt guilt over his victim’s pain or because he looked at his daughter and realized he never wanted her treated that way, matters not to me. He kept his agreement with his victim by fulfilling her requested terms of redress and changed his behavior, is what matters to me. I consider him reformed.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:52 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The way I look at that, even if he was fully guilty of the crime...all that he has done for the community and kids in general, plus, the fact that the victim in this case, was made 'whole' again, in the settlement...totally make up for it!!

It seems to me, some people today do not think a person can EVER redeem themselves, Im not sure why they think this way.
No. This is disgusting.

I don't know anything about any allegations against him, I know who he is, I don't care who he is (or was). I'm only disgusted by the idea that anyone would think that because "well, he was a stand up guy everywhere else, you know, minus assaulting and violating people, so it doesn't matter if he broke the law or not. Besides, she got paid, who cares! It's all good now."

Really?

REALLY!?

As for the story itself - I get that people mourn those they don't know. I get that people feel like they knew him...that happens a lot with celebrities.

What grossed me out about the coverage was that 9 people in total died, and they kept going on about Kobe. Was he more important than everyone else? What about the pilot? How about we do a story on him? Pretty sure we could find some interesting things to talk about the pilot...

I hate when the news does that. Yeah, I know, no one knew the pilot, or the others, but they also died. How about we talk about all of them, not just one because he played basketball.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:54 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you read his comment, he sure looks like he is admitting something. I would say there is way more to this case than then there ever was against Kavanaugh.
At least Kobe and his accuser had their day in court.

Bryant was clearly confessing to the sex act which he called consensual. I don't know what happened. Only one person alive knows for sure and she chose not to testify in court. I do know that Bryant mentored up and coming players in the NBA and seemed to want to do something more with his life post-playing career.

I do know he was my son's first favorite NBA player growing up. The death has hit my boy hard. We talked about it two hours last night. It might sound trite but when we got our first PS4, NBA 2K9 was the first game my son wanted. We spent hours playing and often took turns playing as either the Lakers or the 2009 West All-Stars so that Bryant could be on our team. Hours of fun between us thanks in part to some basketball player we knew we'd never meet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies