Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 04:16 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You know the woman personally? Did you read the police reports with the pictures and evidence of bruising and vaginal tearing? Kobe paid her off to avoid a rape trial and possible conviction. You believe Kobe was innocent, but Trump makes an off color remark about grabbing p*ssy and he's the guilty one.

You Libs are just hypocrites, and dishonest. It's ok if someone rapes a woman if they are "WOKE", right?
Read enough. It is questionable to me that she had sex between the alleged incident and before she took the rape examination. Further, bruising and tearing can actually happen during rough consensual sex. There is no conviction.

What does Trump have to do with anything? What is he guilty of other than being unfaithful, not different than Kobe?

Who told you I’m a liberal?

Have a stadium of seats with your idiotic assumption. What is all of this woke talk? Some of you fellows behave so ridiculously shemotional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Look. What we KNOW is that when he was 24 years old, Kobe Bryant was unfaithful to his wife. He had sex with a woman he didn't know - maybe unwillingly, maybe roughly, but we simply do not know the context of that sexual encounter. He paid her a large settlement and the case never went to trial. Several years later, his wife filed for divorce. However, they reconciled and went on to have several more daughters together (he had at least one daughter with his wife prior to the sexual encounter).

He was married to only this one woman his entire life. They had four children together. At some point after the 2003 rape allegations, he stated that he returned to his childhood church and received counseling. On the day of his death, he attended church. After this 2003 incident, I never heard any other allegations of infidelity on his part or his wife's part.

It was never proven that he raped anyone. He did however admit to having sex with a woman not his wife in 2003. I don't know if he raped anyone or not - all I know is that the case was settled out of court and until his death yesterday, I hadn't heard another peep about it.

I'm not casual or flippant about rape. It's a heinous crime. But in this situation, the case was SETTLED OUT OF COURT and I assume that all parties eventually moved forward satisfactorily.

I am very sorry for his wife's heartbreak over losing her daughter and the father of her four children. I believe they met in 1999 when she was 17 and he was 20. The minute she turned 18 he proposed. and they married in 2001, so they had been married for 19 years. They had had their ups and downs and pressures, but they stuck it out, which is more than many people in any socioeconomic class.
Well said.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:25 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not seeing the blind support and disagree with your assessment above . Not sure who said he was nice. He was unfaithful, like many others in sports. However, he was never found guilty of rape and the information surrounding the accusations was highly problematic. Not a fan of Kobe or the vast majority in sports. However, women like the one who accused him make it hard for true rape victims.
I bet you didn't say that about Christine Blasey Ford.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:28 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
At least Kobe and his accuser had their day in court.

Bryant was clearly confessing to the sex act which he called consensual.
I don't know what happened. Only one person alive knows for sure and she chose not to testify in court. I do know that Bryant mentored up and coming players in the NBA and seemed to want to do something more with his life post-playing career.

I do know he was my son's first favorite NBA player growing up. The death has hit my boy hard. We talked about it two hours last night. It might sound trite but when we got our first PS4, NBA 2K9 was the first game my son wanted. We spent hours playing and often took turns playing as either the Lakers or the 2009 West All-Stars so that Bryant could be on our team. Hours of fun between us thanks in part to some basketball player we knew we'd never meet
Funny but most RAPISTS say that. Again, I ask. Did you think Kavanaugh was guilty on ZERO evidence?

Old 01-27-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I bet you didn't say that about Christine Blasey Ford.
Wait. So you’re comparing Ford’s allegations to that of a woman who bragged about having sex with Kobe? SMH.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:53 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Wait. So you’re comparing Ford’s allegations to that of a woman who bragged about having sex with Kobe? SMH.
She bragged about having sex with Kobe, then sued him for rape?

Am I missing something?

Old 01-27-2020, 04:57 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,413 times
Sad situation, I too feel he raped that girl, a conviction would have sent Kobe to prison for life.

An innocent man would have cleared his name. He was a great basketball player but also a rapist, how can these two coexist?!

Old 01-27-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
She bragged about having sex with Kobe, then sued him for rape?

Am I missing something?
She allegedly bragged at a party after. The whole thing was a mess and is really disgusting.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:03 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Look. What we KNOW is that when he was 24 years old, Kobe Bryant was unfaithful to his wife. He had sex with a woman he didn't know - maybe unwillingly, maybe roughly, but we simply do not know the context of that sexual encounter. He paid her a large settlement and the case never went to trial. Several years later, his wife filed for divorce. However, they reconciled and went on to have several more daughters together (he had at least one daughter with his wife prior to the sexual encounter).

He was married to only this one woman his entire life. They had four children together. At some point after the 2003 rape allegations, he stated that he returned to his childhood church and received counseling. On the day of his death, he attended church. After this 2003 incident, I never heard any other allegations of infidelity on his part or his wife's part.

It was never proven that he raped anyone. He did however admit to having sex with a woman not his wife in 2003. I don't know if he raped anyone or not - all I know is that the case was settled out of court and until his death yesterday, I hadn't heard another peep about it.

I'm not casual or flippant about rape. It's a heinous crime. But in this situation, the case was SETTLED OUT OF COURT and I assume that all parties eventually moved forward satisfactorily.

I am very sorry for his wife's heartbreak over losing her daughter and the father of her four children. I believe they met in 1999 when she was 17 and he was 20. The minute she turned 18 he proposed. and they married in 2001, so they had been married for 19 years. They had had their ups and downs and pressures, but they stuck it out, which is more than many people in any socioeconomic class.
^^^This^^^

Whatever happened in that hotel room, Kobe Bryant paid the woman a substantial settlement, gave his wife a $4 million, 8-carat purple diamond, lost endorsement deals with McDonald’s and Nutella and was benched by Nike.

It was an expensive lesson and one he apparently took to heart.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:06 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:

So, you're not really sure, but said it anyway...

Quote:
She allegedly bragged at a party after. The whole thing was a mess and is really disgusting.

Allegedly? Was this in any testimony? SMDH.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies