Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2020, 11:27 AM

73,140 posts, read 62,835,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
My best bet is for the American black to request to have to their own sovereign nation. You don't have to worry about white supremacy, whitie, democrats and Republicans.
Well, in order for that to happen, Black Americans would have to leave the USA.

If it were left to a state vote, Black Americans would lose. Black Americans do not have a majority in any state. The counties where Blacks make up a majority would be counteracted by the counties that don't have a Black majority.

The last time a movement to secede from the USA happened, well, let's just say it didn't end very well. The U.S. government will put up a fight. Consider this. Blacks are outnumbered by the rest of America, 7.7 to 1. And while a majority of Blacks live in the South, there are over 310 million people in America. And how many Blacks would fight for a free Black Republic within the USA? I mean, there are Black Americans serving in the U.S. military. If a war were to pop off right now, it would end quickly. The U.S. military has the numbers and the weapons, and something else: Home field advantage.

It's been thought off. It didn't happen. And the chances of it happening are slim.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:23 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,234,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They will never request that. As much as you will hear "whitey is keeping us down" rhetoric from Blacks, they know the truth and the truth is they're basically freeriding in a country and economy they could never create with their own might.

That's why they keep running into our neighborhoods, and we keep running away from them.
Why are some white people so interested in conversations that don’t concern them?

Old 02-26-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And how are they doing that exactly? Give a specific example please, where Republicans are "working to make sure they 'stay away' and never get to vote again."
Take Brian Kemp as an example. When he was Secretary of State in Georgia, he purged alot of people from the voter rolls. Alot of those plersons were still alive and living in Georgia. Kemp had over 200 polling stations closed down. A large number of those were in predominantly Black areas. And then the voting machines in some areas, the way they were distributed, wasn't as it should have been. Some places had voting machiines that didn't function properly, especially in majority-minority areas. What made this even crazier is that when he ran for governor of Georgia, he never officially stepped down as Secretary of State. He won the election and is the current Governor of Georgia. Kemp had ways of trying voter suppression. And it worked for him.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Why are some white people so interested in conversations that don’t concern them?
This is how I see that person's post. A strong resentment towards Blacks. Said person would as soon see Blacks expelled from the USA.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I still don't get why people like you obsess over being a separate "black community" with different and conflicting interests to America as a whole. I myself am a person of color, but I don't see myself in terms of being part of a racially based voting bloc, when candidates appeal to Americans in general they are appealing to me.
And why do you keep coming into conversations that you are so offended by? This thread was NOT about being “our own community.” It’s a political dialogue about gaining influence in the world of politics. Reading is vital to ones participation in this discussion.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 02-26-2020 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: I typed “about” twice. I meant to say “was not”.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There are MORE black republicans then the left, which includes the media, and many black "hustlers" will admit.
Sure there are, I don’t think that I was trying to indicate otherwise. I would go even further to say that MOST Dems and Repubs are not as extreme as the MSM would have you believe. Hence the reason I rely on less mainstream news sources.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
And why do you keep coming into conversations that you are so offended by? This thread was about about being “our own community.” It’s a political dialogue about gaining influence in the world of politics. Reading is vital to ones participation in this discussion.
It goes back to what you were saying. Some people want to talk down on Black people, but not hear from Black people. I look at it like this. If non-Blacks want to come, contribute to the discussion, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with individuals who come here with the mentality of "let's complain about Black people" or "let's gaslight Black people who are talking about things that pertain to them". Some people want Blacks to shut up and let everyone else do the talking. Not going to happen.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I started reading about clean energy many years ago. The rise in gas prices made me consider that. I'm not against the oil industry. I just want things to be done better. I do not think it is necessary to get rid of the oil industry. I just don't want to see oil refineries put in residential neighborhoods. I don't want oil to be the only source of fuel that we have. I would like to see biofuels expanded. I think the jobs that come with clean energy could benefit alot of people, Black people especially. I think the air could get cleaner as a result of less dependence on fossil fuels.
In my hometown there we have a few water plants but for the most part the oil refineries are in Westlake and Sulphur. That was the problem with pollution in Mossville. It’s a black community sandwhiched between the two towns mentioned above.

Baton Rouge, OTOH has a refinery just north of downtown.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 02-26-2020 at 12:46 PM..

Old 02-26-2020, 12:34 PM

I actually WOULD consider voting for a republican who is level headed. I vote according to the issue. Voting blindly by party isn’t my style.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I give up. I'm not African American and not ados. Even I grew up around black American and very wonderful relationships with black women which are very positive. I'm going to bow out of what is best for the black American due to my world view being very different.
I thought you were done with any suggestions based on your post above.

Quote:
My best bet is for the American black to request to have to their own sovereign nation. You don't have to worry about white supremacy, whitie, democrats and Republicans.
No one said anything about white supremacy. This was not a thread about “we’re oppressed” or “da white man” Reading is essential to ones participation. If you are u able to read, Hooked on Phonics is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies