Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 11:40 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree the claim has no merit. I highly doubt Trump is intimately involved in procurement lol.

But most bidders assume this. I used to do procurement for a federal agency and it is hilarious the things the public believes occurs during the procurement process.

I bet Microsoft is the current vendor for a similar system and they just chose them because they don't want to change to a new vendor. That is typically the reason for choosing a particular software - integration with current system and not wanting extra expense with choosing a new vendor.
Not saying T is intimately involved with procurement. He bullies via tweets. Everyone knows he hates Bezos... ergo the procurement team avoid hassle by choosing a different vendor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 12:17 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Not saying T is intimately involved with procurement. He bullies via tweets. Everyone knows he hates Bezos... ergo the procurement team avoid hassle by choosing a different vendor.
i.e. "I'm gonna blame it on Trump no matter what"

If Trump said breathing air was good, you'd see the TDS affected passing out from suffocation.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:03 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Read the rest of your post. It wasn't tongue in cheek; that's just your retreat now that you've been clowned.

A wise man once said " Better to shut your mouth and be thought as a fool than to open it and confirm as one".

Old 02-10-2020, 01:11 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
So? It’s well documented that Bezos is going berserk, how else do you explain he dumped his wife to go after that ugly girl friend of his. A piece of trash. Try to protest that decision.
What criteria is the question?

Looks like there is no love for Bezos

I used to like him in the 1990's Hardworking guy still driving his Honda Accord while becoming a multi millionaire. Now he has transformed from Jekyll to Hyde and is power hungry maniac trying to put small business out of business. His biggest blunder was ditching his good looking wife for that ugly TV anchor.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:26 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Seriously. I cracked up when he said Bezos could "out lawyer" the US government.
My good friend is a lawyer and they do a lot of criminal defense work.

It's funny hearing him talk about the night\day difference between dealing with the locals and feds.

Locals have limited resources, huge cases loads...they're looking to deal. The feds are like trying to win a staring contest with a large boulder.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:28 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Ok, that big of a stretch made me laugh.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Read my earlier posts. Trump wouldn't be able to bully the procurement team. I did procurement with bullies as executives (see previous post). When they bullied me they either got fired or got slammed by media for doing things that can be viewed by the public (and are) as illegal. The "Code of Federal Regulations" includes policies on procurement. This was a DoD procurement. They have their own code in FAR (federal acquisitions regulations). There is no way that Trump could bully them and do anything of any significance to them because of the structure of DoD procurement. He'd just be making himself more eligible for a new impeachment inquiry if he did something like that and the procurement officer knows this and would use this against Trump. I often threatened EDs with the fact that if they forced me to do something, they'd be the one to get in trouble over it. Unless the CPO is not on their ish, they'd do the same thing. I was trained by long time CPOs in federal government including persons who worked for the DoD. CPOs and procurement officers hold a lot of weight in government and can ruin people's careers or their own if they are not on their a-game with following CFR processes/procedure. Knowing what I know, I don't believe that Trump would intimidate them at all. I know I would not be intimidated by Trump's tweeting if I were in DoD procurement. I'd welcome him to tweet at me lol.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:04 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Poor Bezos, losing all that money.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:06 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Trump himself was quoted telling the secretary Mattis to “screw Amazon”...

Corrupt president

Taxpayers left with inferior cloud
The world is run by the inferior Microsoft products!

Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
So, now the Democrats are supporting Bezos? Last week he was being slammed for not paying taxes, now he's the white knight. It's hard to keep up with the twists and turns from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies