Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 12:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
They could fill it. It was canceled that day when the projected thunderstorms started occurring in the region. There was no way to protect people, so it was moved indoors, to the basketball arena, on a first come, first served basis.
this does not appear to be correct. A simple google brought me to a Politico article ...

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...stumble-080763

Quote:
“[i]t’s a simple question. … if you had a #Panthers game, Concert or Soccer match with a 20% chance of storms would you cancel 24 hrs prior?” WCNC-TV meteorologist Brad Panovich wrote on Twitter. “Severe threat is almost zero Thursday night & chance of rain is 20%.”

Until Wednesday morning, convention officials had insisted that Obama’s speech at Bank of America Stadium would go forward “rain or shine.” But meteorologists said the forecast was actually improving when convention officials pulled the plug and shifted the event to the Time Warner Cable Arena,
conversely, it's equally false for Waldo to keep insisting Joe Biden appeared in a coffeeshop to minimal attendance (the shop did appear full for his wife, Jill).

Old 02-29-2020, 12:56 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Do you think that you can convince me that no one from Cabbarus, Iredell, Lincoln, Gaston, or Union Counties would go to Trump's rally when they're already there for work? I'm not stupid.
Yeah. And you can park at Bojangles Arena. There's no easy parking at Spectrum. You know this.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
conversely, it's equally false for Waldo to keep insisting Joe Biden appeared in a coffeeshop to minimal attendance (the shop did appear full for his wife, Jill).
I already asked them to show where Joe Biden has filled ANY arena ANYWHERE in the Carolinas if this is the goalpost they have set. So lets talk about the goal post.

See it's called constantly moving the goal post. Let's review.

• Trump didn't hold event in 75,000 person arena, and which Obama didn't either. - Orange Man Bad.
  • Trump didn't hold event in 17,500 person arena with no decent parking - Orange Man Bad
  • Trump holds event in 10,000 person arena with good parking - Orange Man Bad
  • Jill Biden in Same Week can only get 40 people at rally for Joe Biden - Waldokiddy Big Liar
  • Obama had to deal with Thunderstorms (like Trump doesn't have to deal with winter weather)- Orange Man Bad
  • Joe Biden hasn't had a rally with more than 100 people anywhere in the Carolinas - Orange Man Bad
  • No Democrat has had a even a 500 person Rally in NC (and I'm being very generous, though Bernie might have) - Orange Man Bad.
See it goes on and on. It's called derangement.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:08 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Bernie apparently drew 3,000 in Durham the other day. I'd also wonder whether Durham/Chapel Hill are bluer than Charlotte, but it's not worth arguing.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:13 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Wherever there is a thread about a rally, you can bet Waldo in somewhere in it. Absolutely obsessed with crowd sizes, just like your dear leader.
The closest comparison will be tonight's Blue NC, which, clearly states sold out when googling for information on it.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Bernie apparently drew 3,000 in Durham the other day. I'd also wonder whether Durham/Chapel Hill are bluer than Charlotte, but it's not worth arguing.

Establishment Democrats pretend like Bernie doesn't exist.

So they complain about Trump scheduling an event that is more than 3X that size.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:19 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

Well surprise surprise, he's not going to BoA stadium.
He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!
Thanks for posting.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
this does not appear to be correct. A simple google brought me to a Politico article ...

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...stumble-080763

Thunderstorms were projected days in advance. All of the delegates were invited to the stadium. They would have filled it. Indoor alternative plans were made ahead. When thunderstorms did appear in the area on the day of the speech, the indoor plans were implemented.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yeah. And you can park at Bojangles Arena. There's no easy parking at Spectrum. You know this.
The appropriate comparison for Trump's rally is tonight's Blue NC event. However, unlike Trump's events that send out tickets beyond the capacity of the venue, to produce big lines. When you google Blue NC, hits clearly state sold out.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:41 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
It's basketball season, so I onder if there was a scheduling issue with the Hornets arena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies